7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
**Men In Blues**, Uploads
SamJ
Feb 25 2008, 07:36 PM
GMC:er
Rhythm Guitar 1 + Rhythm Guitar 2 look pretty similar to me, they both basically play the same chords but at different places on the guitar.

So, try both them out and you can choose whichever one you feel most comfortable with. biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Feb 25 2008, 07:58 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Sam Hook @ Feb 25 2008, 01:36 PM) *
Rhythm Guitar 1 + Rhythm Guitar 2 look pretty similar to me, they both basically play the same chords but at different places on the guitar.

So, try both them out and you can choose whichever one you feel most comfortable with. biggrin.gif

You are totally right , and I think it is important to record both rythm guitars. And there is a riff guitar , can u hear it ? it goes with the melody of the song.

Sam how do you fell with the solo , can you play it ? If you can go for it , if not I will play it.

I'll upload the BT tonight (its 2 pm right now) so you can start practicing and recording.

Kaz try with the lick that goes with the melody of the song, and let me know.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by coffeeman: Feb 25 2008, 08:00 PM

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
SamJ
Feb 25 2008, 08:43 PM
Yes, I hear it, I think. Do you mean the bit which goes along with the vocal melody?

And as for the solo, hmmm...do you mind doing it?

I may try a solo on our next song, but for now, I think I'll just stick with rhythm and see how I get on.

If that's OK with you? biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Sam Hook: Feb 25 2008, 08:44 PM

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Feb 25 2008, 09:20 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Sam Hook @ Feb 25 2008, 02:43 PM) *
Yes, I hear it, I think. Do you mean the bit which goes along with the vocal melody?

And as for the solo, hmmm...do you mind doing it?

I may try a solo on our next song, but for now, I think I'll just stick with rhythm and see how I get on.

If that's OK with you? biggrin.gif

Perfect!

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
SamJ
Feb 26 2008, 08:36 AM
Great, I'll get practicing my parts then.

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Feb 26 2008, 02:08 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Coffee: I know which part you mean, the one with octave shape and goes up and down with the "we don't want no eductaion" . I'll get practicing on the Dminor, It's not realy hard I just have to get that rhythm. So you do the solo? That's fine, I think some parts are prety fast, so if you can deal with those, that's great!! BTW how do you make these backings?

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Feb 26 2008, 03:14 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Feb 26 2008, 08:08 AM) *
Coffee: I know which part you mean, the one with octave shape and goes up and down with the "we don't want no eductaion" . I'll get practicing on the Dminor, It's not realy hard I just have to get that rhythm. So you do the solo? That's fine, I think some parts are prety fast, so if you can deal with those, that's great!! BTW how do you make these backings?

Hi Kaz,

Thats the Lick! As you say its not a hard lick but it needs practice. Yes Im making the solo, and another rythm guitar unless sam wants to do both guitar which we'll be cool, a clean one in the phrases and another in the chorus. Im making the BT with fruity loops, I wish I had a bass and drums, in the meanwhile I use that software.

In the meantime while I upload the BT, practice with this one BT

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Feb 27 2008, 10:51 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
My brother has a bas..Maybe if I ask it him, he'll try. The bad thing is that he isn't very good rolleyes.gif I'm even better then him! But I can ask, maybe (this is even more "maybe" then asking my bro) I can do it myself, but I don't make any promises on that.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Feb 29 2008, 08:28 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
BTW I say the lead line, I'll do that accept for the solo. It's has the Riff we spoke about (with the octave shapes) and it also has some powerchords which are easy enough for me! To have it clear, it's the lead line on the GP5 file SamHook was talking about, the version 5.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 11 2008, 09:36 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Here ya go guys, hope its ok, Coffeeman, just let me know if you want or need anything changed.

Attached File  Another_brickin_the_wall_MIB.mp3 ( 3.15MB ) Number of downloads: 312

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Mar 11 2008, 10:18 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Excellent, thanks a lot smells.

So lets work , please upload your takes guys , or let me know what you need.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 12 2008, 10:41 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Ók, let's get started'. I think I can easily do this within this week, it's such an easy part for me. I have time enough so maybe I could give the mixing a shot? never done it before though, but if you do it aswell, coffee, then we can compare!

thnx smells tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
SamJ
Mar 12 2008, 05:40 PM
Cool, thanks Smells!

I'll get working on my bits. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 16 2008, 06:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Ok, I've been busy and I have a little problem. When exactly should I start playing the octave licks?? I first tried right at the beginning but that's not it. I'd probably need to start a bit later.

BTW what are we gonna do with vocals?? I might have given it a trie if not my voice is totaly diffrent from pink floyd's. I'm just a little boy with a high voice tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 23 2008, 08:12 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Anyone?

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
SamJ
Mar 24 2008, 11:28 AM
Hey Kaz,
The backing track has an extra 4 more bars at the beginning than the GP5 file does. So you will need so start playing the octave chords after 4 bars (not including the count in as a bar).
If that sounds a bit confusing just start playing at 00:00:11 seconds on the backing track.

As for the vocals, I don't really mind who does them, as long as it's not me. tongue.gif
I heard your cover of 'In the Midnight Hour' and it sounded great so if you want to give the vocals a try that fine by me.

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 25 2008, 04:00 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Sam Hook @ Mar 24 2008, 11:28 AM) *
Hey Kaz,
The backing track has an extra 4 more bars at the beginning than the GP5 file does. So you will need so start playing the octave chords after 4 bars (not including the count in as a bar).
If that sounds a bit confusing just start playing at 00:00:11 seconds on the backing track.

As for the vocals, I don't really mind who does them, as long as it's not me. tongue.gif
I heard your cover of 'In the Midnight Hour' and it sounded great so if you want to give the vocals a try that fine by me.

Thnx man, I know what you mean with the bars. Well, I think I can try the vocals, but as said before the singer of the original song, Pink Floyd, has a very very diffrent voice then I have. Maybe we can do the " we don't need no blah blah blah" stuff together? In the original it's more voices at once aswell! haha maybe my dad can sing along, he can sing but I don't realy think I can get him do that lolz tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 30 2008, 05:28 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
k,done it, wasn't to hard.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Mar 31 2008, 04:09 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Very nice Kaz! Nice Job!

Hey sam when can you upload the rythm guitar?

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
SamJ
Apr 1 2008, 03:41 PM
Great job Kaz! biggrin.gif

I have been having a few problems with my computer recently, but everything is back to normal now so I should be able to post it within the next 2-3 days.

Which part will you be doing Coffeeman?

This post has been edited by Sam Hook: Apr 1 2008, 03:41 PM

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:30 PM