Is It A Good Jackson ?
fzalfa
Nov 21 2015, 06:58 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi here

i'm aiming a axe with a floyd

is this one is a good deal ? (a swap with my Greg Bennett RL 5)

seem to be a RR2....... or so ?

made in japan

Laurent

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Nov 21 2015, 08:44 PM

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Nov 21 2015, 09:55 PM
Learning Roadie
ok, after some deep search, it's a Japanesse RR 4, middle end one.

Maybe soon at home

Laurent

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 22 2015, 07:34 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Nov 21 2015, 08:55 PM) *
ok, after some deep search, it's a Japanesse RR 4, middle end one.

Maybe soon at home

Laurent

Although Japanese, these jackson's were the middle quality options. Today they are usually bought for customization as when setuped they play well but some parts like tuners or electronics may need changing.

Again test the tremolo before buying as I can't say much about it. It seems though the low e saddle was changed with d string saddle so it would look newer (if the lighting isn't fooling my eyes) smile.gif

And if you haven't, definitly try it while sitting down cause of the body shape. It might need some getting used to.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 22 2015, 09:58 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I don't know much about Jacksons but be sure to check the knife edges aren't worn. Give the Floyd some abuse and see if it goes back to pitch.

Also, as Mertay pointed out, be sure you really want this shape of guitar. They look great on stage but you will probably find it difficult sitting down unless you use a strap to keep it from sliding across your leg. Many people don't think about this until they get home smile.gif

Keep us informed. It does look nice \m/ smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Nov 22 2015, 10:46 AM
Learning Roadie
hi guys

thanks for the advices, i have planned to try the axe with a tuner and i'll do abuse on the floyd and check if it stay tuned !!!

i'll keep you on touch

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Nov 24 2015, 02:04 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi

Now at home !

fully tuned, only need a little fret work, action at 1.25mm (2.5 when buyed) floyd ok, stay tuned even after some violent shake.

sound good, i have played only few minutes with.

i'm happy !

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 24 2015, 08:06 PM
Congrats! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 24 2015, 08:40 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Congrats smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Nov 24 2015, 08:58 PM
Learning Roadie
thanks guys !

this one is happy too !

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 24 2015, 11:21 PM
biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 25 2015, 01:05 AM
Nice!!!!!! Boot camp is ready!!!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 25 2015, 10:38 AM
Instructor
Congrats on your new purchase! smile.gif As been said - you'll never know if you never try. Same as Mertay my feelings on those Jacksons where always medium but it's definitely not a crap guitar we would say it's waste of money. So if you're happy with it then go for it smile.gif Just remember to be patient with Floyd bridges - make suire to stretch all strings and properly tighten locking screws before you judge on how well it stays in tune smile.gif Have a great time playing - both of You smile.gif

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Nov 25 2015, 10:43 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi guys

I have already experiment Floyd weiderness.
But now I have understand how to.

Where can I found a device to put in the spring cavity to adjust the tight with an Allen wrench ??

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 14 2015, 09:40 AM
You can find what you need here smile.gif

http://www.thomann.de/

what kind of floyd setup is it? Take the cover off the back and put up a picture. Ibanez makes a floyd style trem that you can adjust just using your thumb. It's called the ZR trem / zero point trem.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Dec 14 2015, 09:42 AM
Learning Roadie
it's a spring and screw.

i have ordered that:

http://www.thomann.de/fr/schaller_377_sureclaw.htm

i think have done a good tunin cause the tune doesn't move at all even if i torture the floyd !!

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 14 2015, 01:33 PM
Glad you found what you were looking for! smile.gif I personally like Floyd Trems quite a lot. Some folks HATE them. They take some getting used to for sure! But I think it's worth it smile.gif The flat platform for the right hand to get a solid mute is one of my fave bits. I really hate the traditional strat type fixed bridge as the screws dig in to my hand due to all of the palm muting I do. As a result, I don't play my fixed bridge instruments as much.

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Dec 14 2015, 04:42 AM) *
it's a spring and screw.

i have ordered that:

http://www.thomann.de/fr/schaller_377_sureclaw.htm

i think have done a good tunin cause the tune doesn't move at all even if i torture the floyd !!

Laurent

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:50 PM