Girl Help!
sigma7
Nov 30 2008, 11:21 PM
GMC:er
Hey GMC! I need some girl help. Theres is a girl in my grade that I liked for a few weeks now but I just cant tell if she likes me or not. I was wondering if you guys can help. Normally I would just go up to a girl and ask her out but this one is tricky. Ivebeen sick with social anxiety andam taking zoloft so im not the same rightnow but she gaveme these clues before i startd taking them. Here are the clues:

-She gave me her number, this could either mean friendship or more
-She wanted me to stay afterschool with her to help with her homework but all we did was talk
-she is in my English class and we sit next to eachother but she neverwants to face me she always faces th board, his is the killer
-when i look at her, she looks away, maybe out of shyness
- if i smiles she smiles
- she laughs at my dumb jokes but maybe she has a crappy sense of humor i dont know
-she asks me to sit with her at lunch but this could be because she just moved here and doesnt have anyone else to sit with at lunch
-we recently skipped school togetherand went to Tin Hortons and just talked for a little and but she let me know abut her private stuff
-she wantedme to meet her sister and i read her lips when she saw me and it could have either been "he's hot" and "I know" or "Im hot" and "?"
-she gave me a hug one time but im a stupid shy idiot and gave her half a hug back
-she waves to me all the time
-sometimes i get the feeling she isnt that interested tho because i kind of asked her if she wanted to hang out and she replied "yeahsure just text me" but if she wanted to hangout she would have invited me do so right that night because she was kind of free but i think we are hanging out this weekend

I jsut dont know GMC! please can you help a tenager out with this riddle because this girl is tough to figure out. t could be either friendship or more.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by sigma7: Nov 30 2008, 11:25 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
skennington
Nov 30 2008, 11:26 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Only one way to tell bro, just go for it! smile.gif There can only be two answers wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Canis
Nov 30 2008, 11:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
I agree, go for it wink.gif

You're lucky with this one... Some girls choose to show (or not show) their interest in a lot harder and more complicated ways...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 1 2008, 12:02 AM
Instructor
I think she likes you mate, definitely make the next step. She's a girl and possibly a shy one, so she won't make the step that's for sure. You have to be brave, and just do it. Ask her for a date, talk a while, hold hands, go slowly, you know what I mean. If you get scared, just think how nice will it be when you will be in a relationship and you will get your courage.

Also know that you have a support of the whole GMC community as well biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
SensE
Dec 1 2008, 12:06 AM
Hey, dude. You have nothing to lose. I've told many girls I like before and I got rejected. How's sad. But, well, I succeded once after a few trials to girls. I think we are kind of on the same boat if we want to figure out what's on girl's mind.

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Dec 1 2008, 12:13 AM
Instructor
Man, I have always been bad at this, not because I didn't know what to do, I knew what to do, but couldn't come around to do it, once I got married it got so much easier to talk to girls (go figure).

It seems that she likes you man, because of everything you have said, the answer to this one is simple, you have to ask, ask her out and stuff, and let her know you are interested, maybe not telling her right away but with actions and your behavior, the thing with this stuff is that you know in your heart wether if someone likes you or not, but one is still in doubt for some reason an feel afraid to say something.

Good luck

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 1 2008, 12:16 AM
Instructor
I just remembered that a nice thing to do is to buy some kind of a sweet present to her. Nothing much you know, like those soft and sweet key chain dolls, girls like that sweet stuff. Good luck and be brave! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sami
Dec 1 2008, 12:16 AM
Learning Rock Star
GO FOR IT!
I believe in you smile.gif I get the some nerves but in the end, bad or good, im glad i got the nerves over with.
She seems to like you mate!
Im 17 so im a teen too, and "Text me" is this generations form of "call me". So get on it!
smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jun 10 2008, 01:38 PM) *
Crysis kicked arse. Gears of War unfortunately I thought was as good as wiping cottage cheese on a cat's head

Hahahaha just imagine the cat hahahah

QUOTE (fkalich @ May 3 2009, 08:01 PM) *
The thing about being really stupid, is that there are a zillion ways to be a moron. There are usually several ways to be intelligent, given a situation, but it is a small finite number. But there are always a zillion ways to be to blithering idiot. So finding a new way to have the intellect of an artichoke is nothing to be proud of really, it is easy to do.

So true... To bad im still an artichoke haha

+Quote Post
sigma7
Dec 1 2008, 12:24 AM
good advice guys im just gonna man up ad ask her out haha no more games, thanx for the confidence GMC!

skennington: i will go for broke

canis: ur absolutley right, i hope i am lucky wth his one

Ivan: thanks so much Ivan, i relly hope and do think ur right, pretty good idea about the gift Ivan, ill find out what she would like, something sweet haha wrote it on me hand

sense: ur right i actually do not have anything to lose haha

Jose: haha that is true, i get braver once in a relationship... ill play it sly, i will ask her out tomarrow but just not straightforward, ill ease into it...Thanks Man!

Sami:is it me or are girls more cunning the they are portrayed in movies in the 80's

Thanx everybody ill let u guys no how itgoes

This post has been edited by sigma7: Dec 1 2008, 12:27 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 1 2008, 12:32 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Thats the spirit man! smile.gif Good luck, and remember, if you get turned down (which I dont think you will) there is always tomorow with new opportunities.. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Dec 1 2008, 12:43 AM
Instructor
I think she's waiting for you to ask her out.
Be more confindent and do it wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Dec 1 2008, 12:45 AM
Learning Tone Master

Someone else with Social Anxiety Disorder! Or as its affectionately called over here in the UK, "SAD". heh. - Thats not a me macking a mockery out of it just to add, I also suffer from the same condition!

Mate, take a page out of my book and I promise you, I missed a lot of chances when I was younger. By that I mean, there were things I wanted to do, but my shyness, anxiety prevented me from doing.
The most important advise I can give you is to act on what feelings you have and do what you would like to do and not let your anxiety come between you and your life. I can't tell you the amount of times I've felt like asking someone out at that age, and just shrugged it off because I was scared of the outcome.

In my experience, it's the unknown that's scary. All the "if's" that you play scenario's with in your head...

If she says she feels the same way, excellent man! If she feels she'd rather be friends, then at least you acted on your feelings. It takes suprisingly less confidence than you might think - and the bonus confidence you get just from asking is great.

The list you mentioned above reminds me very much of myself, I'm very analytical also smile.gif We anxiety prone people do tend to think more about things, reasons not to do things, possible bad outcomes, complications etc. But at best, they're just possibilities out of the millions that there are. It could go really well, she might be extatic you asked her out, she might want to remain great friends and you'll have a relationship that could last years.

Sorry if this sounds very soppy and over dramatic, I don't know how bad your anxiety is, just thought I'd share my experiences and advise incase you're similar to me smile.gif

Anyway, good luck mate smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ajmurrell: Dec 1 2008, 12:46 AM

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
Duncan
Dec 1 2008, 12:45 AM
If you like her I can pretty much guarantee she knows it. Women are horrible like that. It seems like she likes you back though. It's never easy to tell. Go for it though.

+Quote Post
sigma7
Dec 1 2008, 12:49 AM
QUOTE (Ramiro Delforte @ Nov 30 2008, 06:43 PM) *
I think she's waiting for you to ask her out.
Be more confindent and do it wink.gif

oh man im getting pumped haha thanks man!

QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Nov 30 2008, 06:45 PM) *
Someone else with Social Anxiety Disorder! Or as its affectionately called over here in the UK, "SAD". heh. - Thats not a me macking a mockery out of it just to add, I also suffer from the same condition!

Mate, take a page out of my book and I promise you, I missed a lot of chances when I was younger. By that I mean, there were things I wanted to do, but my shyness, anxiety prevented me from doing.
The most important advise I can give you is to act on what feelings you have and do what you would like to do and not let your anxiety come between you and your life. I can't tell you the amount of times I've felt like asking someone out at that age, and just shrugged it off because I was scared of the outcome.

In my experience, it's the unknown that's scary. All the "if's" that you play scenario's with in your head...

If she says she feels the same way, excellent man! If she feels she'd rather be friends, then at least you acted on your feelings. It takes suprisingly less confidence than you might think - and the bonus confidence you get just from asking is great.

The list you mentioned above reminds me very much of myself, I'm very analytical also smile.gif We anxiety prone people do tend to think more about things, reasons not to do things, possible bad outcomes, complications etc. But at best, they're just possibilities out of the millions that there are. It could go really well, she might be extatic you asked her out, she might want to remain great friends and you'll have a relationship that could last years.

Sorry if this sounds very soppy and over dramatic, I don't know how bad your anxiety is, just thought I'd share my experiences and advise incase you're similar to me smile.gif

Anyway, good luck mate smile.gif

haha im in the same boat as you man if only i got $5 everytime i missed out on someting great because of my shynes, ill proobably not be in ebt haha do ur way better han my therapist haha im just gonna shut everything off and go for it ! Thanx man for the confidence boost!

QUOTE (Duncan @ Nov 30 2008, 06:45 PM) *
If you like her I can pretty much guarantee she knows it. Women are horrible like that. It seems like she likes you back though. It's never easy to tell. Go for it though.

tell me about it haha pull the trigger smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Dec 1 2008, 12:51 AM
Well, like Skenny said. There can only be two answers, Yes and No.

I Manned up to asking a girl to the Snowball (School Dance) and I pretty much found out that she likes me to biggrin.gif

So the worst thing that could happen is a "No" and thats not even that bad in your case smile.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Dec 1 2008, 12:57 AM
Learning Tone Master
We'd be rich! It's the best way to go about it, having the anxiety there and just being aware of it but not letting it be the decider of what you do has some positives when you think about it. Also you'll hopefully see that all the negative scenario's the anxiety musters up aren't realistic, and in time the anxiety will decrease because of this realisation.

The legendary CBT approach to our lovely condition smile.gif

Good luck again man.

This post has been edited by Ajmurrell: Dec 1 2008, 12:57 AM

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 1 2008, 02:09 AM
Moderation Policy Director
I have no advice because I was way worse than this about asking girls out, so ignore me! But ... even I ended up married, so good luck and let us know how it turns out!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Sami
Dec 1 2008, 02:17 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (sigma7 @ Dec 1 2008, 12:24 AM) *
Sami:is it me or are girls more cunning the they are portrayed in movies in the 80's

They are always cunning Q.Q hahhahah

--------------------
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Jun 10 2008, 01:38 PM) *
Crysis kicked arse. Gears of War unfortunately I thought was as good as wiping cottage cheese on a cat's head

Hahahaha just imagine the cat hahahah

QUOTE (fkalich @ May 3 2009, 08:01 PM) *
The thing about being really stupid, is that there are a zillion ways to be a moron. There are usually several ways to be intelligent, given a situation, but it is a small finite number. But there are always a zillion ways to be to blithering idiot. So finding a new way to have the intellect of an artichoke is nothing to be proud of really, it is easy to do.

So true... To bad im still an artichoke haha

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 1 2008, 02:19 AM
Just ask her out mate. Go to the cinema or something and I'm sure she'll say yes. It looks like she likes you from your description of things. Go ahead mate because you only live once and you don't want to sit there in the future regretting things you have and haven't done in your life. All the best mate.

I was never good at asking girls out but I always covered up my shyness with humour. Humour works a lot. I always used to ask girls on silly dates by going. Fancy going paragliding in Russia or do you just want to catch a film sometime tongue.gif It worked with some laugh.gif Thank god no girl said yes to the paragliding biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 1 2008, 02:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Dec 1 2008, 02:09 AM) *
I have no advice because I was way worse than this about asking girls out, so ignore me! But ... even I ended up married, so good luck and let us know how it turns out!

laugh.gif Awesome line! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:36 PM