5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Bascuthach Guitar Mentoring
Alex Feather
Aug 4 2012, 07:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Aug 3 2012, 01:02 AM) *

Sounds very good! I like the melodies and ideas! I think you can put it together better so it flows nicely! Some parts sounded a little random but the whole idea is very good!
So I did some research and a lot of classical music is using Harmonic minor would you be interested getting into it and try to start using it in your compositions?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Aug 8 2012, 08:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Aug 3 2012, 01:02 AM) *

I just wanted to check and see if you are interested getting into classical chord progressions and harmonic minor! Let me know! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Aug 9 2012, 02:32 PM
GMC:er
The Chord progression sounds good smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Aug 9 2012, 05:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Aug 9 2012, 01:32 PM) *

Ok So let's start with this!

Here is an example of descending fifths

So basically the chord roots move up a 4th then down a third, the sequence being created by repeating that pattern two or three more times

Attached Image

Attached Image

The circle-of-fifths is probably the strongest and most common harmonic sequence. It consists of root movement by descending fifths and cycles through every diatonic chord in a given key. Below is the chord progression in C major and A minor:

Attached Image

This is a good start! Please let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Aug 19 2012, 02:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Aug 9 2012, 01:32 PM) *

Hey!!! I just wanted to follow up and see how are you doing? Do you have any questions??? Let me know !

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Aug 19 2012, 04:43 AM
I showed a friend and he showed me on a piano how I would work it out, now I have to sit and work it out, also I want to try and record a video when I get it down, first I have to sit, with the band and all I have been busy, soon I hope to be back at the computer learning

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Aug 20 2012, 12:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Aug 19 2012, 03:43 AM) *
I showed a friend and he showed me on a piano how I would work it out, now I have to sit and work it out, also I want to try and record a video when I get it down, first I have to sit, with the band and all I have been busy, soon I hope to be back at the computer learning

Sounds good! Let me know when you are ready and I will prepare a new assignment! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Aug 27 2012, 08:35 AM
Instructor
Hi! I just wanted to follow up and see how are you doing?

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Aug 27 2012, 03:46 PM
Soon I will be back into doing lessons, Im dropping the band for the last 6 months of my subscription, I have like 2 weeks left in the band, also there are other reason why Im stopping the band, I hope to rejoin the the band after time has passed biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Aug 31 2012, 02:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Aug 27 2012, 02:46 PM) *
Soon I will be back into doing lessons, Im dropping the band for the last 6 months of my subscription, I have like 2 weeks left in the band, also there are other reason why Im stopping the band, I hope to rejoin the the band after time has passed biggrin.gif

Just make sure not to burn any bridges and I am sure you will be able to come back without any problems! smile.gif
Looking forward for you to continue my mentoring program! smile.gif Let me know when you are ready and we will get back right into it! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 24 2012, 01:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Aug 27 2012, 02:46 PM) *

Just wanted to check and see how are you doing? Let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything!

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Oct 24 2012, 04:44 PM
slowly getting back on track, after the fire we where in a temporary place, now we have found a place and I am slowly getting things set back up, the studio is built but the garage is a mess and its getting cold out side, so when I have my other computer set back up I then can get back into recording and learning smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 27 2012, 04:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Oct 24 2012, 03:44 PM) *
slowly getting back on track, after the fire we where in a temporary place, now we have found a place and I am slowly getting things set back up, the studio is built but the garage is a mess and its getting cold out side, so when I have my other computer set back up I then can get back into recording and learning smile.gif

I am really glad that you are getting back on track! It must be really hard to get your life set all over again! Take your time and I am looking forward to have you back!

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Nov 12 2012, 03:48 AM
Thanks, so I was looking into phrasing and I was watching a video, and the guy said I need to know the fret board inside and out, I have been playing with the G major scale, the E minor scale and A Dorian scale, I was using a site that plays chord progressions, I was trying to make it work, I will try to get a video in the next few days to show you what I have been doing

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 12 2012, 06:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Nov 12 2012, 02:48 AM) *
Thanks, so I was looking into phrasing and I was watching a video, and the guy said I need to know the fret board inside and out, I have been playing with the G major scale, the E minor scale and A Dorian scale, I was using a site that plays chord progressions, I was trying to make it work, I will try to get a video in the next few days to show you what I have been doing

Sounds great! I am looking forward to hear what you will come up with! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Nov 13 2012, 06:51 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 14 2012, 08:43 AM
Instructor
It sounded very good! Nice additions of classical music! Very well done! I think you can develop it a little bit more towards the middle and than drop it back to the beginning melody!
I like the whole idea a lot also would be cool if you can upload the backing track so I can give you some suggestions about the arrangement!

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Nov 28 2012, 01:06 AM
To develop it more I need to take a better look at what Im using and what Im doing, the backing is a simple progression, lets look at the scale shapes Im using and make better use of them, the shapes are

G Major Ionian

G Major Dorian

E Minor - Note: I can not provide a good look at the shape due to its location and given positions on the scale generator so for now I will build it in the A Minor location, here it is

where to go from here, how to build from this?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Nov 28 2012, 11:25 PM
I would Like to add one more that I have been learning

B - Phrigan

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 30 2012, 05:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Nov 28 2012, 12:06 AM) *
To develop it more I need to take a better look at what Im using and what Im doing, the backing is a simple progression, lets look at the scale shapes Im using and make better use of them, the shapes are

G Major Ionian

G Major Dorian

E Minor - Note: I can not provide a good look at the shape due to its location and given positions on the scale generator so for now I will build it in the A Minor location, here it is

where to go from here, how to build from this?

The second scale called A dorian not G major Dorian
Dorian is a minor mode
So where you go from here you starting to combine all this positions together all modes are part of the same scale the only difference is starting note but Flats and Sharps will be the same!
Try to do this first lets take
A dorian and B phrygian and combine them
here is an example

As you can see I combined them together
You can use those notes in any order! Let me know if it make sense
I will also record an example for you in a little bit I am having technical difficulties with my card but it should be fixed in a few days

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:51 AM