Guitarpro Problem
AIB234
May 21 2007, 11:40 PM
GMC:er
Hey everyone,

Sorry I've not been around lately. I moved back home for the summer and shortly after I was playing volleyball, fell, and tore my ACL as well as the cartilage in my knee. Two surgeries are coming up in the next two months or so -.-

Anyways... I have GuitarPro 5 and I've downloaded some older GP3 tabs but GP5 won't play them. I also can not locate GP3 to play these files.

Does anyone have any advice or a solution?

Thanks,

Ryan

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 18)
Gustavo
May 22 2007, 12:09 AM
did u buy the gp?

cuz my gp5 can open gp3 files :S

2 surgeries?? :S i got 1 in my knee XD

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
AIB234
May 22 2007, 12:20 AM
No, I did not buy it.

I don't know if I'm allowed to say that here and if not just let me know and I'll change my post ;P

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 22 2007, 01:05 AM
Instructor
Yeah i have the same problem - GP3 tabs don't work in GP5 for me.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
synysterpunk
May 22 2007, 02:28 AM
get tabit

tabit.net

+Quote Post
AIB234
May 22 2007, 04:26 AM
Is tabit supposed to play GP3 files?

When I try to open the file in Tabit it says that the GP3 file is not a valid win32 app. Haha.

+Quote Post
synysterpunk
May 22 2007, 04:42 AM
QUOTE (AIB234 @ May 22 2007, 04:26 AM) *
Is tabit supposed to play GP3 files?

When I try to open the file in Tabit it says that the GP3 file is not a valid win32 app. Haha.

no,,there not.................

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
May 22 2007, 05:21 AM
Weird. My GP opens GP3 files no problem.

+Quote Post
May 22 2007, 06:25 AM
I never have the problem!! it works great... have you tried different sources of GP3 files?

+Quote Post
Rock
May 22 2007, 06:51 AM
QUOTE (AIB234 @ May 21 2007, 11:40 PM) *
Hey everyone,

Sorry I've not been around lately. I moved back home for the summer and shortly after I was playing volleyball, fell, and tore my ACL as well as the cartilage in my knee. Two surgeries are coming up in the next two months or so -.-

Anyways... I have GuitarPro 5 and I've downloaded some older GP3 tabs but GP5 won't play them. I also can not locate GP3 to play these files.

Does anyone have any advice or a solution?

Thanks,

Ryan

I don't have any issues with this either. I bought the license.

One issue I do have is the GP files that are coupled with the video lessons. For instance, the Iron Maiden style. When I open it, it does not download. I just get some strange text.

Any ideas?

+Quote Post
Nick334
May 22 2007, 05:02 PM
Did you get them from Ultimate Guitar? They always work fine for me. The Iron Maiden one works fine for me.

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG 370 DX, Fender Strat Squier, Vintage Les Paul.
Amps: Vox AD 15 VT, Fender Frontman 15G
Effects: Hopefully a POD :)

+Quote Post
GuitarDude
May 22 2007, 08:07 PM
I had the same problem but I found out that my midi sound settings where wrong
so check your midi sound settings.

+Quote Post
AIB234
May 22 2007, 10:41 PM
I did get my tab from UG and it's not working.

GuitarDude: What MIDI settings needed to be changed? Thanks.

+Quote Post
Zephan
May 23 2007, 01:06 AM
I get my tabs from ultimate guitar too and most times they work. Just veeery rarely they don't work. GuitarPro usally tells me then that I have to upgrade it eventho I have the newest. Weird it is. Prolly the tab were just coded wrong or that. Can happen rolleyes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Rock
May 24 2007, 03:17 AM
QUOTE (Nick334 @ May 22 2007, 05:02 PM) *
Did you get them from Ultimate Guitar? They always work fine for me. The Iron Maiden one works fine for me.

No, The Iron Maiden lesson on this site. Any of the GP tabs with the logo don't seem to work, but the tabs that others have done and provided links work fine. All the internet tabs open with no problem.

+Quote Post
GuitarDude
May 24 2007, 08:13 PM
exactly what is the problem is it that you cant open the file or is it that your able to open it but it wont sound?

+Quote Post
AIB234
May 24 2007, 10:54 PM

Unknown File. Loading Aborted. (Just in case you can't read it. It was resized in photobucket and I have a 1920x1200 resolution and had a hard time making it out)

+Quote Post
Meho98
May 25 2007, 08:41 PM
You can try upgrading to 5.2 or have another person try to open it on thier computer. the file might be corupted. Personaly I have never had an issue with GP3 files. If some else can open it for you, have them save it in GP5 format. Good Luck!

--------------------
My gear:
Guitar - JACKSON DR3 DINKY REVERSE
Amp - Peavey TransTube Studio Pro 112

+Quote Post
AIB234
May 26 2007, 06:34 PM
I think the file was corrupted...

I tried another one tonight and it worked.

I thought it was GP because I apparently got 3 corrupted files in a row. Oh well.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:50 AM