> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

22 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Timmy B's Mentoring Thread
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 7 2012, 07:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Timmy b @ Nov 6 2012, 08:47 AM) *
Yeah, sounds good mate! We can definetly trying using just the 3 fingers. hopefully it wont cause any issues.
Its going to be tricky though. Im just so used to using my pinkie in my playing, that im constantly using it! Will have to slow it all right down and concentrete on only the other ones.

Im curious what else youve got lined up for me!

Hey there Tim! Good approach mate! Go for it wink.gif Now, my idea is to find as many lessons based on 3 fingers rather than 4 - Mate's are usually like this since he is a Zakk Wylde fan biggrin.gif

There will also be challenges, meaning that we will sometimes aim to transform some positions in order to make them playable with only 3 fingers smile.gif I won't let you down man! I really want to see you evolve and we have to find the right way to adapt to what's going on with you in this moment!

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Nov 7 2012, 07:53 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Nov 7 2012, 09:37 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 7 2012, 07:52 AM) *
Hey there Tim! Good approach mate! Go for it wink.gif Now, my idea is to find as many lessons based on 3 fingers rather than 4 - Mate's are usually like this since he is a Zakk Wylde fan biggrin.gif

There will also be challenges, meaning that we will sometimes aim to transform some positions in order to make them playable with only 3 fingers smile.gif I won't let you down man! I really want to see you evolve and we have to find the right way to adapt to what's going on with you in this moment!

Cosmin

Thanks Cosmin! Really appriciate the time and effort your putting in! Sounds like a plan smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 8 2012, 04:09 PM
Instructor
wink.gif Always here to help mate! Let's see how this first mission goes!

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Nov 15 2012, 10:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hiya Cosmin

Thought id give you a status update

The lesson is coming along nicely. Got all the teqnuique down and now im just building up the tempo. Cant get it sounding clean enough yet.
Also thought id mention that im working on some other lessons on the side. Dont worry they're simple ones! They are the right hand basics lessons from Danillo Capezzuto. Theyre just simple alt picking excercies that only need 2 fingers and my alt picking isnt the best, so it fits just right for now! Otherwise slow and steady for me.

It was intersting to see everyone strugling with the circle of 5ths in the vid chat tonight. reminds me of when I totally strugled with the circles and scales. (wasnt that long ago!) Its nice to realise the progress one has made. I think that learning it well is just a matter time and persistance. One day it just clicks!

Allright, ive rambled on enough, Hope your well mate. and hope to have a rec up for you soon!

Tim

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 17 2012, 02:59 PM
Instructor
Hey Tim! Glad to hear your are pushing it a bit wink.gif Don't force your hand though!

Anyway, I am also happy to see that it clicked - I know your were holding back in the chat, when I asked questions biggrin.gif I have a 16 year old student here in Bucharest - he is preparing in maths in highschool and he is darn good at it. I observed that an organized mind, especially one that has studied science related subjects can make the best out of music theory almost instantaneously - the same with this kid. I explained the circle and stuff we've been talking about in the last 3 sessions and he grasped it on the spot smile.gif

Well, each mind functions differently, but it's interesting to see what's going on with people - the next session will be nasty as well laugh.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Nov 22 2012, 12:16 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 17 2012, 02:59 PM) *
Hey Tim! Glad to hear your are pushing it a bit wink.gif Don't force your hand though!

Anyway, I am also happy to see that it clicked - I know your were holding back in the chat, when I asked questions biggrin.gif I have a 16 year old student here in Bucharest - he is preparing in maths in highschool and he is darn good at it. I observed that an organized mind, especially one that has studied science related subjects can make the best out of music theory almost instantaneously - the same with this kid. I explained the circle and stuff we've been talking about in the last 3 sessions and he grasped it on the spot smile.gif

Well, each mind functions differently, but it's interesting to see what's going on with people - the next session will be nasty as well laugh.gif

Cosmin

Hi Cosmin,

How we doin? I got a Vid done for you! Its not quite perfect yet (and the video is crummy), But ive been trying everyday to nail a perfect one but it just aint happening. This is the best i can get at this stage. Needs a bit more time to sink in I think.
The teqnuique is really cool! Will definetly do some more of it!

And dont worry, Im not pushing my playing to hard. latley im only playing max 30 mins a day. dont want to cause any more problems!

Thats really interesting with your student too! Its interesting how different minds grasp concepts and theories.

Allright, see what you think

Tim

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 22 2012, 10:31 AM
Instructor

I think you are a grooving rock machine! biggrin.gif NICE MAN! REALLY NICE!

Groove, articulation and tone! I like it - how about a REC? This one has a slight timing glitch, but it's not actually about timing, you got out of the great groove a tiny bit in the beginning, that's all biggrin.gif

Great playing man!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Nov 22 2012, 11:03 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks Man!
Yeah, the timming was a bit tricky in the beggining bit. The tempo was just out of my comfortable playing zone.
A REC sounds good! We can use this one, or i can take another stab at in a few days. see if its settled in better. what do you think?

Tim

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 24 2012, 10:01 AM
Instructor
Hey Tim! Guess u could try another, but only if you want to smile.gif This one goes very well!

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Nov 24 2012, 11:29 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin

Go with this version, after listening to it again it isnt too bad.
So, whats next on the agenda then?

Tim

This post has been edited by Timmy b: Nov 24 2012, 11:30 AM

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Nov 24 2012, 04:32 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Timmy b @ Nov 21 2012, 11:16 PM) *
Hi Cosmin,

How we doin? I got a Vid done for you! Its not quite perfect yet (and the video is crummy), But ive been trying everyday to nail a perfect one but it just aint happening. This is the best i can get at this stage. Needs a bit more time to sink in I think.
The teqnuique is really cool! Will definetly do some more of it!

And dont worry, Im not pushing my playing to hard. latley im only playing max 30 mins a day. dont want to cause any more problems!

Thats really interesting with your student too! Its interesting how different minds grasp concepts and theories.

Allright, see what you think

Tim

Tim, hope you don't mind me eves dropping in your forum... but that was straight up AWESOME! I like following you as well as some of the other guys on here for my own inspiration on playing. At times I think about putting the guitar down, but I like to go see everyone playing and it makes me want to pick it up again. Couldn't tell you were having any pinky finger issues here man. Again, AWESOME Tim!!!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Nov 25 2012, 09:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Nov 24 2012, 04:32 PM) *
Tim, hope you don't mind me eves dropping in your forum... but that was straight up AWESOME! I like following you as well as some of the other guys on here for my own inspiration on playing. At times I think about putting the guitar down, but I like to go see everyone playing and it makes me want to pick it up again. Couldn't tell you were having any pinky finger issues here man. Again, AWESOME Tim!!!

No problem mate! Thanks very much for your kind words! I check out other peoples vids sometimes too. Its good to see other peoples progress to inspire you to make progress too! As for the Pinkie, Well the troubles still there, im just learning not to use it anymore till it gets better.
Thanks again!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 26 2012, 12:23 AM
Instructor
Howdy Tim!

This one is totally groovy and it can be done without the pinky biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/ZZ-Top-Fingerpicked-1/

What do you say mate?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Nov 26 2012, 01:12 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Timmy b @ Sep 10 2012, 11:46 AM) *
Hey Cosmin!

Me again, Ive been a busy boy latley! Got one more video for you. Its one bad ass riff! smile.gif How do you think this one went? those harmonics were tricky to get. I'm gonna work on getting a better tone for future vids, its not quite right yet.
Anyway where to next? Some more metal metrics or did you have othere plans?

http://youtu.be/dpd-GvzE6uw

Tim

WOW Tim! That was top notch man!!! AWESOME!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Nov 26 2012, 09:29 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 26 2012, 12:23 AM) *
Howdy Tim!

This one is totally groovy and it can be done without the pinky biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/ZZ-Top-Fingerpicked-1/

What do you say mate?

Cosmin

Sounds Great! Im on it!

Tim

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 26 2012, 10:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Timmy b @ Nov 26 2012, 08:29 AM) *
Sounds Great! Im on it!

Tim

Uber awesome! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Nov 28 2012, 06:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Cosmin,

Lessons comming along nicley. But ive got another question for you today.
Its about Modal chord progressions, you touched on it a little during your circle of 5ths lessons. Im just not grasping the concept of them, esspesially transposing them to other keys/modes.Guess ive never learned about them properly. Wondering if we could spend a bit of time on the topic to get my understanding up to speed.

Thanks Mate

Tim

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 29 2012, 10:00 AM
Instructor
Hey Tim! Sure thing man smile.gif

Let me start with a question - do you know how to build a modal progression?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Nov 29 2012, 10:12 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hmm good question,
Not with a lot of confidence I guess. I think this may me where the problem lays. I do understand the concept of mode and how they are constructed, But havnt really linked it all together.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Nov 29 2012, 10:41 AM
Instructor
Mate, I got a homework for ya smile.gif How about this?

Please read this https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=564197

The idea is the following: you first deduce a mode by applying its formula over a major scale - the parent scale.

Then, you harmonize the mode just like you would do with the parent scale and you got chords. Now You consider the first chord as being the 1st degree of THAT mode smile.gif one option is that when you start a chord progression with THAT chord - presto you have a modal progression. Check out the examples in each post about each mode in the link above wink.gif We'll take it from there!

Deal?

Cosmin

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:29 PM