Pod Hd Fireware Update 1.3!
Azzaboi
May 11 2011, 05:37 AM
GMC:er
When is the Pod HD Fireware Update 1.3 coming out, I want it now! Impatiently waiting...

An additional six HD amp models and five tone parameters for free on all Pod HD series Multi-Effects. Futher customize essential aspects of tube amp feel and behavior with Sag, Hum, Bias, Bias Excursion and Master Volume. cool.gif

three classic American combos (“Vibrato” channel of a Fender Deluxe Reverb, “Vibrato” channel of a Fender Twin Reverb and the “Bright” channel of a Fender Bassman), two British half stacks (the “Normal” channel of a Park 75 and the “Normal” channel of a Marshall JTM-45 MkII) and a powerful high-gain Line 6 original...

Blackface 'Lux VIB - classic combo that's considered by many to be the ultimate studio amp.

Blackface Double VIB - an all time classic of biting twang and shimmering clean tones.

Tweed B-Man BRT - instant rock and roll tone.

Brit J-45 NRM - distinctively bright and crunchy sound that Marshall amps are known for.

Brit P-75 NRM - a Jim Marshall-designed amp that enjoys cult status for its powerful Plexi-style tones.

Line 6 Elektrik - A face-melting, soul weeping Line 6 original with high-gain capacity, interactive presence and mid-range controls. Careful, this might hurt a little!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: May 11 2011, 05:39 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
Todd Simpson
May 11 2011, 08:37 AM
These are really powerful great sounding pedal boards. The software editor is also a killer feature. Here is the full info on the upgrade. If you own one of these, this is a killer upgrade for free. Almost like buying a new unit with a larger palette of sonic choices.

FREE UPDATE FOR POD® HD MULTI-EFFECTS ADDS NEW HD AMP MODELS AND MORE
Six HD amp models and five tone parameters in free v1.3 update provide a wider tonal palette and added flexibility to all POD HD multi-effect processors

CALABASAS, Calif.—April 6, 2011—Line 6, Inc. (line6.com), the industry leader in digital modeling technology for musicians, announced today a free update for all POD® HD multi-effect processors. Firmware update v1.3 will include six new HD amp models and five new amp parameters for addition tones and flexibility.

“This free update is our way of thanking POD HD owners for making the POD HD family such a huge success,” remarked Michael Murphy, Category Manager for POD and Effects Products at Line 6. “The new sets of HD models and parameters deliver a deeper experience to the POD HD platform and more flexibility that we hope will inspire POD HD players.
” The six new HD amp models available in v1.3 are based on* channels from three classic American combos (the “Vibrato” channel of a Fender® Deluxe Reverb®, the “Vibrato” channel of a Fender® Twin Reverb® and the “Bright” channel of a Fender® Bassman®), two British half stacks (the “Normal” channel of a Park 75 and the “Normal” channel of a Marshall® JTM-45 MkII) and a high-gain Line 6 original.

The inclusion of alternate channels of amps already found in POD HD multi-effects ensures an experience that more closely relates to playing the actual modeled amp. The new parameters in v1.3 enable POD HD users to further customize and dial in any amount of tube amp feel and behavior. Sag, Hum, Bias, Bias Excursion and Master Volume can be adjusted within any HD amp model, including the 16 that come with POD HD multi-effects processors originally.
Firmware update v1.3 will be available to download from line6.com later this month. Learn more about the v1.3 update and POD HD multi-effect processors at line6.com/podhd.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
JamesT
May 12 2011, 03:44 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
I had heard that there will be a significant update, but not the details. I ran Line 6 Monkey today and got a newer driver, but 1.3 Firmware wasn't available yet. I can't wait!

Thanks for posting the info for sure, Good news.

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
May 15 2011, 05:34 AM
Everyone updated their HD already?!!?!! It's a big difference!

I quite enjoy jamming the Elektrik, screw tweaking tones just add that as an Amp and your set, lol.
Only issue with it is now my amp seems to be humming a bit with each tone and the volume been increased?

Do you guys connect guitar to Pod and Pod to the amp input or FX return? Or FX loop the Pod?

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 15 2011, 05:46 AM
I do the FX loop, the 4 cable method, it made a great deal of a difference for my sound.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
JamesT
May 15 2011, 05:58 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Yeah, I did the update yesterday. I noticed the new controls on the amps ... master, sag, hum, bias, and bias X. They all seem pretty subtle. I can hear the difference each when I tweak the knobs but not sure if I would recognize the difference between two of the same preset with different bias settings for example. Master has the most effect. If you max out the knob, it sounds like you're pushing the amp much harder without it getting a lot louder. Sag kind of sounds like the variac effects used on the earlier Pods like the one on the X3. I think these parameters were added so that you could get an idea of what hot-rodding a particular amp would be like. Not sure I need to go there with my settings cause I am pretty happy with the amp models already.

I haven't checked out the new models, but I'm sure they are very good like all the others. My goal is to have complete set of presets, one for each model kind of like the ones I posted in another thread. Those presets have all the effects hooked to footswitches so that you can hear each model in it's purest form (i.e., without effects) if you want to. I record that way a lot and then add effects later to get more control on the final result.

It's cool to see line 6 come out with these updates. Can't wait to see what's next.

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
May 15 2011, 05:58 AM
Isn't that 3 cables? Or am I missing something in the loop?

--------------------

Play Games Arcade

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 15 2011, 06:09 AM
I believe they count the input from the guitar also.

I know I was so confused with the ins, outs, back-arounds, whatcha ma-call its, the first time I did it. Then I seen a picture on google and went oh.. Well that would have cut down 45m.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
May 15 2011, 06:22 AM
Let me get this right,

Cable 1) Guitar to Amp Input

Cable 2) Amp FX Send to POD

Cable 3) POD to Amp FX Return

???

EDIT:

Oh, I've worked it out! Talk about confusing at first, but sounds really good and no humming this way for me.

Cable 1) Guitar to Pod Guitar Input

Cable 2) Pod FX Send to Amp Input

Cable 3) Amp FX Send to Pod FX Return

Cable 4) Pod 1/4 Out to Amp FX Return

I was thinking this would bypass the Pod's pre-amp? But it doesn't sound like it, still loud and gruntly with the original amp tone smoothly added? What do you set for the switchs, Guitar In, XLR, and 1/4" Out?

ps. Do the cable quality make much differences?

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: May 15 2011, 06:56 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
May 15 2011, 07:39 AM
Hi Pod Hd users
Is it a real improvemeent this HD series compared to the "normal" and now old pod?
Tomorrow the bean shaped HD will be available in the UK and I am thinking about it...

Thanks in advance
Carmine

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
May 15 2011, 08:15 AM
Well I would say if your used the previous Pods, like I previously had the PodXT, you get the less but better quality tones. Doesn't sound so digital. Your might dislike it at first, thinking it's not that much better for the cost and where have all the high gain tones gone, but then your find it sweet as, how could I not be using it.

If your into high gain metal, etc, your'll be disappointed at first. Updating the firmware to this latest patch and tweaking/download new tones is a must. The latest patch 1.3.1 is another huge leap for tone quality (more amps and control)!

The original tones on it are, umm so what, sound effects, shows off the extremes, etc, but honestly useless to use to seriously jam on the guitar. Download or tweak your own. It's a tweakers heaven device, really easy on the pc as well as the device - drag and drop amps/effects, and set them up, etc, and if your lazy like me find some good ones on the net.

There's also a tube amp feeling to it which I enjoy, lighter/heavier playing, more emotion and feeling, like for Slash tones. Therefore, if you play rock/blues/jazz there is a huge leap in quality, it's completely redesigned. You can't compare it to the previous ones.

If you play a tube amp, it's a must, as the other Pods seriously don't work well with a tube at all.

I was recommended to go with the HD500 out of the series, it's worth it in the long run to fork out for the extra.

You can hear a tube amp feeling even with a solid state amp like mine. However, I really want to pair this bad boy with a Line 6 DT50, they work well with each other and automatically change each others settings depending on the tone selected. It makes another huge difference and gives a tube amp a new meaning, seriously!

Setup is easy to do, much like the previous ones. I'm just fussy at finding the best possible for my setup. The 4 cable method seems way better so far - cheers to SpaseMoonkey for that tip! The stompboxs sound like they are in front of the amp while the effects are in the loop, more control and logic setup just with virtual amps and devices.

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: May 15 2011, 08:23 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 15 2011, 01:26 PM
QUOTE (Azzaboi @ May 15 2011, 01:22 AM) *
Let me get this right,

Cable 1) Guitar to Amp Input

Cable 2) Amp FX Send to POD

Cable 3) POD to Amp FX Return

???

EDIT:

Oh, I've worked it out! Talk about confusing at first, but sounds really good and no humming this way for me.

Cable 1) Guitar to Pod Guitar Input

Cable 2) Pod FX Send to Amp Input

Cable 3) Amp FX Send to Pod FX Return

Cable 4) Pod 1/4 Out to Amp FX Return

I was thinking this would bypass the Pod's pre-amp? But it doesn't sound like it, still loud and gruntly with the original amp tone smoothly added? What do you set for the switchs, Guitar In, XLR, and 1/4" Out?

ps. Do the cable quality make much differences?

Hehe see takes like forever to set that up till it sets in. biggrin.gif

Mine actually took over as a pre-amp when I went that route, I like the fact I can do everything with the HD500 instead of having to always tweak the head. Save me time on patches without doubling the tone knobs.

Yeah it cut down humming for me and made it sound better overall, just a richer more full sound.
Guitar: Normal , XLR Ground , 1/4"th Out: Amp (Running via amp) Line (When recording)

About cables, I take them as they are from a video stand point. With that being said, shouldn't make a difference. I personally use Planet Waves, I just like cords themselves since they don't feel like plastic and are easier to roll up when I'm finished.

To Carmine;

I've had a few different setups and played with many pedals. I took a real jump to buying the HD500 when I previously owned a Boss GT-10. I will say from the load time to the clarity of the cleans the HD500 wins without a doubt. Hi-Gain was a big plus that the Boss GT-10 did until they did a few patches and now its pretty impressive. But if you look at it on youtube, most people compare it to the Fractal AXE-FX. It's way better of a unit to my ears, but the price is a little over double of the HD500. The only issue I have with the HD500 is when I try and record using Logic 9, it doesn't have a high input via usb. But thats just a mac issue and I'm looking into a usb interface for that then its solved as well for me.

But overall I think if you sit down and go play on one and tinker a bit you'll more than likely pick it up. As Azzaboi said, it really is nice to tweak on it. Takes a bit of time for me coming from the Boss GT-10 because it was easier but I couldn't dial in as much IMO. The edit software is a huge plus.

Anything else feel free to post or send me a PM and I'll get back whenever I get a chance!

- Travis S.

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
carminemarotta
May 15 2011, 05:08 PM
Thanks to both of you.

Carmine

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:47 AM