> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Writing a Solo - Dynamics, Lesson By Muris Varajic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

JamesT
Apr 10 2013, 06:23 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Original lesson: Writing a Solo - Dynamics by Muris Varajic

Getting varied dynamics from an amp setting that uses lots of gain can be tricky. Raking the strings gives a nice stronger attack, and the for the quiet stuff, I guess about the only thing you can do is pick as softly as possible. On this take I could have probably gotten away with less gain (for more dynamics) but I wanted to get that singing sustain that you get with lots of saturation.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 10 2013, 09:15 AM
Instructor
Mate! As usual, you are providing great takes and I give you my congratulations wink.gif The tone sounds great and your observations on dynamics are very correct. You control and dictate everything from the amount of effort and strength of the attack - that makes the amp answer accordingly.

There are some bends which could've been smoother, but that's all I can observe on the 'still have to work on' perspective smile.gif

Keep rocking mate!

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 10 2013, 03:10 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! This take is very good as always! You already said it, there is not dynamic variation in this take and the main reason is your tone. The problem is that your amp add drive and compresses your tone and there is no way to get the dynamics that Muris gets on this lesson. So keep on experimenting with your tone, maybe using an overdrive pedal and lowering the amp's distortion.

As Cosmin said, there are some bends out of pitch but the overall is great. Keep on the good job.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 10 2013, 07:26 PM
Instructor
Good take on this lesson mate smile.gif I've only noticed 2 or 3 very small pitch issues - one is a to low bend, second seems be a a guitar measure problem - A note is a bit out of tune or maybe whole G string went a few cents down ,after firste bends. Consider straching it more before playing smile.gif Anyway the take is at very good level smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 12 2013, 09:45 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 8.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:10 AM