In Front Of Line 6 Ux1?
ruben_mcn
Jun 21 2010, 01:24 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi guys i have and line 6 ux1 for all my recording needs... and i have a question about it ... could i use my own pedals before the cables reach the ux1 unit ?'

example Chain:

Guitar » Ts 808 » line 6 Ux1 W/ some amp model

Would using the ts do any harm to my line 6 ux1 or somthing like that ??? has anybody tried to do this ??? could i also use heavier distortion pedls in front of the ux1 ??

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Jun 21 2010, 06:57 AM
GMC:er
You could do these things with regular old stomps. I keep a real wah in front of my UX2 for just such a reason, but remember there are quite a few effects that aren't recommended to sit in front of the amp. So far the ones you've mentioned are designed for that.

You might create some noise problems using that tube screamer in front of it, I'm not sure how well that would "play" with the signal to be run through modeling. Also, I rather prefer the "screamer" model that's IN podfarm; it can be dialed in pretty nicely if you know (or can make a guess about) what you're doing.

Anyway, filters (wah), distortions (or that screamer), and those types of stomp go pretty early in the chain, it's fine to use in front of the UX1 but look for a switch labelled "PAD" and turn that on first.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jun 21 2010, 10:25 AM
Learning Tone Master
What do youwhink would happen when you try to boost a virtual amp? ^^

It's a TUBEscreamer, it is designed to push a tube amp into more overdrive. It doesn't really work on a solid state amp, how is a digital amp supposed to react to the increased input? The wah works because it alters the tone but the tubescreamer will most likely only result in noise when using it with modeling amps...

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 21 2010, 06:07 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
You can put anything in front you would normally put in front of a real amp. UX1 has instrument input so don't worry. Though some things will sound better and some won't - you have to experiment with that on your own...Don't worry about damaging the amp...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Jun 21 2010, 06:36 PM
Instructor
just go ahead, but like zakk said, i dont think it's going to sound that great, it's made to push the natural dist of a tube amp.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Fre
Jun 21 2010, 07:19 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sorry to ask,
I'm searching to buy a POD.
Are you happy with this one, would you recommend it?
Or would you buy another one if you had the opportunity?

Thank you,
Fre

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Jun 21 2010, 07:28 PM
Learning Roadie
Yes Actually I´m smile.gif it pretty easy to use .. and the sounds you get from it are not bad ..

But To me Guitar Rig Sounds better ..

So if i had the chance to buy one now .. i would probably go for GR..

btw: thanks Guys ..

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Jun 21 2010, 07:29 PM

+Quote Post
Fre
Jun 21 2010, 09:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ok, thanks a lot for your advice, I appreciate.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 21 2010, 10:35 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Fre @ Jun 21 2010, 08:19 PM) *
Sorry to ask,
I'm searching to buy a POD.
Are you happy with this one, would you recommend it?
Or would you buy another one if you had the opportunity?

Thank you,
Fre

I have the UX2 and in fact I really like it. Its a simple easy to use yet versatile recording interface. There are better ones of course (good sound card + GR for example) but don't know how easy to use those combinations are...If you need a simple and versatile and pretty nice sounding solution for recording guitars easily at home - go for it smile.gif Even the POD Studio GX is a great value for the money...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 24 2010, 01:49 AM
Instructor
It WON'T hurt your system, and you CAN use it in front and get a good sound, although it is made for boosting tube amp, it can provide moderate amount of distortion too without boosting the signal.

But, there is little need to do that, because there is already tubescreamer emulation in POD Farm that works well, and it's algorithms are better tuned in with other POD Farm models then your pedal. I would keep the signal as clean as possible before software modelers in other words..

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:27 PM