Making It In The Music Industry, Yes/no? Why? How? etc.
SonofDestiny
Jul 15 2008, 05:54 PM
GMC:er
Hey musicians!

I would like to discuss the issue of making it in the music industry. Do you want to make it in the music industry or not? And why? If you want to make it in the music industry, do you have a plan set already? How do you think you're going to make it?

Are there any people here who have made it in the music industry? Is it worth it? I mean, do you sometimes wish you were normal?

Let me know what you think smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by SonofDestiny: Jul 15 2008, 05:56 PM

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 15 2008, 08:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'd love to make it in the music industry... Though I have no idea how.. I know there is several music schools around... Like The Guitar Insistute or that Paul MacCartney school in England. But I have no idea how things work after someone graduates..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
TwistedSun
Jul 15 2008, 09:02 PM
Making it in the music business is easy... All that you have to do is get some boobie implants, find a computer and get it to make some random noises for you. Then just repeat those random noises for AT LEAST two minutes. The last step is to sing into a mic, and then use the computer to edit the hell out of your useless voice. Poof your a pop star. Enjoy.

--------------------
Starting Gear: Epiphone Limited 50th Anniversary SG, Line 6 Spider II 75watt combo amp.
New Gear: Schecter Hellraiser C1 FR, Engl Powerball 100w, Engl Pro 4x12, Z-5 Footswitch

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jul 15 2008, 09:17 PM
Learning Rock Star
My life goal is to tour around the world playing in front of huge crowds. I want to make them cry, laugh and sing. Music is a God´s present which I want to show others. I don´t know if I manage to lead a professional career. But I never lose hope. I always play with all my heart and give my best all the time. Honestly, I don´t know exactly how I´ll do it. My vague plan is to practise all the time and to play on as much gigs as possible. Maybe I´ll land on stage one day. smile.gif
And even if things do not work out, I´ll NEVER making music. I love the guitar too much. I can´t live without it and when I play it, I forget everything that happens around me and dive into another world. It´s an amazing feeling when you hit a beautiful tone. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Koopid
Jul 15 2008, 09:54 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm too old to make it as professional musician.

I play in a local band that makes our own music. Our goal is to play local venues and small Open Air festivals nearby and that people in our hometown has heard of the band. That is pretty much it smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Amp
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Marshall 1960A cab
Guitars
ESP Eclipse I CTM Snow White
Jackson SLSMG
Takamine EG320C
Bass
Epiphone Thunderbird Goth Bass
Effects/Stomps
Boss SD1
Boss MT2 Metalzone
Dunlop Zack Wylde Wah
Behringer BEQ700 Equalizer
Harley Benton PT-100 stagetuner
Studio EQ
PodXT Live
Edirol FA 66 soundcard
Yamaha HS50M monitors
Macbook pro

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 15 2008, 10:01 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I hope that i someday can be part of a world famous band

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
beebo
Jul 15 2008, 10:29 PM
I'd love to make it in the music industry! That'd be awesome if GMC had some vids on helping w/ getting out into the world and how the people in music industry have to change their lives!
I just wish i knew how to make it.... huh.gif
Really though guys even if i'm 15 and don't know what i'm talking about
my belief is..it depends on U and UR BAND!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:21 AM