Me Singing... Slammer Can't Play(the Blues), all constructive critisiam welcomed
Slammer
Mar 3 2008, 03:23 AM
GMC:er
Well guys this is my latest song entitled "Slammer can't play(The Blues)"

Feedback is welcome from Everyone.

wink.gif

Attached File  Slammercantplay.mp3 ( 1.24MB ) Number of downloads: 340

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Slammer: Mar 3 2008, 10:54 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
JVM
Mar 3 2008, 03:27 AM
Learning Roadie
Man, you suck.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 3 2008, 03:32 AM
Man, you rule biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Mar 3 2008, 03:38 AM
Sounds like Manhattan. Hah.

Funny one smile.gif.

This post has been edited by Tjchep: Mar 3 2008, 03:40 AM

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Mar 3 2008, 03:40 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Man, I really enjoyed that. smile.gif Put a big smile on my face. biggrin.gif You should do more of these.

Thanks

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Mar 3 2008, 04:25 AM
dude that was awesome, i wasnt kidding when i said you were a real blues man. Did you wrote the lyrics? they are very bluesy,

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Slammer
Mar 3 2008, 05:11 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Mar 2 2008, 09:27 PM) *
Man, you suck.

Thanks for the Feedback JVM. smile.gif

I'll try harder next time. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Slammer
Mar 3 2008, 05:16 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Mar 2 2008, 10:25 PM) *
dude that was awesome, i wasnt kidding when i said you were a real blues man. Did you wrote the lyrics? they are very bluesy,

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Well, I didn't really sit down and write anything, I just pressed Record and said and played the first thing that came into my head.

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Mar 3 2008, 05:33 AM
QUOTE (Slammer @ Mar 2 2008, 10:16 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Well, I didn't really sit down and write anything, I just pressed Record and said and played the first thing that came into my head.

laugh.gif laugh.gif like i said!! i wasnt kiddin! you're a true blues man cool.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
JVM
Mar 3 2008, 05:52 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Slammer @ Mar 2 2008, 11:11 PM) *
Thanks for the Feedback JVM. smile.gif

I'll try harder next time. biggrin.gif

Actually, I hadn't listened to the whole thing before I posted, sorry if I was jumping a little ahead of myself but that was really more terrible than I anticipated. Have you ever actually listened to the blues? blink.gif laugh.gif

You know I'm kiddin slammer, that was awesome tongue.gif Getting the slide made me laugh.. a lot... really I'm just jealous tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Slammer
Mar 3 2008, 06:09 AM
laugh.gif

I was sitting on my bed when I recorded it, and when I reached to get the slide I knocked it over and it rolled onto the floor laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Slammer: Mar 3 2008, 06:10 AM

+Quote Post
Angelica
Mar 3 2008, 09:46 AM
Well man, at the beginning it doesn't sound bad at all. It's not so tuned, but nevermind, if you get a style like that, like a Bob Dylan or Johnny Cash style, you don't need James Brown's voice.
Personally I love to sing blues and I think the main thing is to put emotions in - put complaint in every note you sing, sing it a little late regards to the music. Not right on the note. And be soo sad about our blues. Say it loud. Make it scream!

Well and I think this song should be finished!

--------------------

It's better to please much to a few, than to please a few to many

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 3 2008, 12:18 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
That is one of the best uploads ive ever heard!! laugh.gif

That was sheer brilliance, just brilliant!!!

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Mar 3 2008, 12:40 PM
Singing Instructor
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
you are wrong...you can sing...ha ha this is so good...."got my self a slide" ha ha ha..."ok I wont use the slide"haha
by the way lyrics an the story are so inteligent(intelligance is a main factor that comes with humor)...
you made my day so better:)

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 3 2008, 03:13 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Slammer @ Mar 3 2008, 05:16 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif

...and it just happened to be the best song in the world...

laugh.gif Very funny song you got here , great humor! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Mar 3 2008, 03:16 PM
Cool stuff man.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slammer
Mar 3 2008, 03:25 PM
QUOTE (Angelica @ Mar 3 2008, 03:46 AM) *
Well man, at the beginning it doesn't sound bad at all. It's not so tuned, but nevermind, if you get a style like that, like a Bob Dylan or Johnny Cash style, you don't need James Brown's voice.
Personally I love to sing blues and I think the main thing is to put emotions in - put complaint in every note you sing, sing it a little late regards to the music. Not right on the note. And be soo sad about our blues. Say it loud. Make it scream!

Well and I think this song should be finished!

Hey thanks for the Feedback smile.gif

I'm not really much of a singer but, I do like to try and sing some Improv Blues every once in awhile. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Brother Woodrow
Mar 3 2008, 03:28 PM
This is what the music is all about - FUN! I like your delta style! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Slammer
Mar 3 2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks Brother Woodrow, also thanks to Nemanja,Bogdan,The uncreator,and Botoxfox. smile.gif biggrin.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 3 2008, 03:47 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
It realy a cool song, and it's uber bluesy! cool tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:21 AM