Bands Similar To Beastie Boys And Run Dmc?
Robin
Nov 19 2007, 03:00 PM
GMC:er
I'm looking for more bands like Beastie Boys and Run DMC, bands with some humour, groove and use of guitars etc. in the hip hop genre.
If they got a really old and terrible drum machine or real drums I should be happy.
It gotta be old school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sbqIyeed4g - Beastie Boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C2b8XWJnfE - Run DMC

Thanks.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Robin: Nov 19 2007, 03:01 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 19 2007, 03:19 PM
Why? huh.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robin
Nov 19 2007, 04:07 PM
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Nov 19 2007, 03:19 PM) *
Why? huh.gif biggrin.gif

Because it kicks ass.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 19 2007, 07:57 PM
Instructor
I like Kid Rock... In his old albums he combined hard rock/metal with hip hop and it sound very good for me... Rage against the machine is a good choice too... I think that if you know Beastie boys you know RATM and Kid Rock.. what do you think about them?

gabriel.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Robin
Nov 19 2007, 08:05 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 19 2007, 07:57 PM) *
I like Kid Rock... In his old albums he combined hard rock/metal with hip hop and it sound very good for me... Rage against the machine is a good choice too... I think that if you know Beastie boys you know RATM and Kid Rock.. what do you think about them?

gabriel.-

I love RATM, been listening to them for a long time. I dont think I've heard kid rock, I'll check it out, thanks.

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Nov 19 2007, 08:57 PM

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Apr 21 2011, 11:45 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Nov 19 2007, 09:03 PM
Get to da Chopper!
On Kid Rock...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytSw5ozHN-E

Name that metallica riff- fairly obvious smile.gif

EDIT: oops repaired link smile.gif

This post has been edited by DeepRoots: Nov 19 2007, 09:32 PM

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Nov 19 2007, 09:07 PM
Kid rock sucks. kenny olsen ,his guitarist, was the only good thing about that act.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Robin
Nov 19 2007, 09:48 PM
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Nov 19 2007, 08:57 PM) *
It's just that I thought old and terrible drum machine sounded a bit dubious...

Ohh yeah. I dont know, I think it just sound much better than the new fancy drum software, atleast for this style.
I think Beastie Boys use real drums, but Run DMC is using a drum machine. Both sounds great.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Nov 19 2007, 09:51 PM
omg.. 1 word.. well a few.. G love and the special sauce. Is an excellent band for this kind of stuff. Real oldschool chill kinda humourus music. U gotta listen to the lyrics to understand biggrin.gif. anyways for more humor try Flight of the Choncords. Anyways listen to it smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Robin
Nov 19 2007, 09:58 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 19 2007, 07:57 PM) *

gabriel.-

Not sure if I liked Kid Rock. I like it old school. The sound was just too clean for me, it got boring imo.
Some genres just gotta sound crappy, metal, blues, rock, hip hop etc.

QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Nov 19 2007, 09:51 PM) *
omg.. 1 word.. well a few.. G love and the special sauce. Is an excellent band for this kind of stuff. Real oldschool chill kinda humourus music. U gotta listen to the lyrics to understand biggrin.gif. anyways for more humor try Flight of the Choncords. Anyways listen to it smile.gif

Groovy!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 19 2007, 10:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Nov 19 2007, 05:07 PM) *
Kid rock sucks. kenny olsen ,his guitarist, was the only good thing about that act.

yes, his guitar player is good but I think that he is a very talented musician. Just my opinion. wink.gif

gabriel.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
man0mule
Nov 20 2007, 06:26 PM
HOUSE OF PAIN!!!! - Jump around
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZZADbubu0Y

My parents use to subject me to lots of run dmc and public enemy when i was little. They remind me allot of each other. Public Enemy is a bit more serious though. Another band that i think is a bit similar is Cypress Hill. Although the majority of thier songs are about smoking pot.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:25 AM