muntahunta
Sep 6 2008, 12:45 PM
Learning Roadie
thought i'd share my feelings on the 6 new tallica songs

heres a link to them all so far...
http://metallica.com/index.asp?item=601197

anyways...

The Day That Never Comes:
ok, other than cyanide (live version) this was the first song i heard... and ive gotta say, the solo at the end didnt make any sense until i saw the video and i love the chorus, for the ballad of the track i think tallica have done very well here, even though 4 mins of solo can get a bit repetative.

My Apocalypse:
Ok, i have no idea if i link this or not, its kinda like kill em all style, but also kinda st anger too... out of all the songs so far, this has been the one to put me off.

Cyanide:
I heard the live version and i loved trujillo's bass! gotta be said, i love that groove!
the song itself is very... i dunno, choppy?
it stops and starts too much but in the studio version it sounds so much smoother!

All nightmare long:
...just.... WOW!!!! I love this song! its thrash, its metallica, hetfields vocals sound awesome and his lyrics are just... brilliant!
my second fav so far (next to the day that never comes)

Broke, Beaten And Scarred:
I didnt know what to think at the start, but then the egyptian sunding riff kicks in and its all cool biggrin.gif
its very "Load" era, yet a bit heavier... i like it!
there are some very cool guitar riffs in there and the vocals are definatly from the Load Era and i love "Rise, Fall Down, Rise Again" just sounds perfect tongue.gif I can definatly see me headbanging to this tongue.gif
The solo in this song didnt sound as if it had been mixed right to me, could just be me though.

The Judas Kiss:
I love the harmonized intro.... oh, and theres the familiar riff from the missionmetallica video tongue.gif
not too sure if i like this song, it just doesnt... "click"
(just so yas know im listening to this as i type tongue.gif)
the chorus is genious biggrin.gif i can see this song growing on me but at the moment i dont really like it... i'll give it a few listens though!
im still in awe at the chorus lyrics, i cant help but sing along tongue.gif
i knew kirk couldnt go a whole album with a wahwah tongue.gif

thanks for reading biggrin.gif

feel free to post your comments, my hopes are very high for this album and im eagerly awaiting the unforgiven 3.

i have now listened to the rest of the album (all 10 songs) but i refuse to say anything just yet... apparently a shop in france got the dates wrong and sold it a week early lol!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:54 PM