I had a speed breakthrough yesterday
bricktop
Feb 16 2007, 09:25 PM
GMC:er
Well I've been practicing my tempo here and there for the last month when I had some free time. Yesterday it was very strange, I was just jamming a little doing some improvising with scales and all of a sudden I could play noticeably faster! I'm by no means fast, but it was fast from where I was a month ago.

The improvs sounded so much better and smoother, and I wasn't trying to intentionally go faster, I was just thinking in my mind about playing some faster licks and it happened. Very cool stuff! Now I need to go back and see what my new bpm's are over the weekend...

John

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Fender
Acoustic Guitars:
Amplifiers: Fender Blues Junior NOS
Effects:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Beaker
Feb 16 2007, 09:35 PM
It's such an ace feeling when suddenly, as if on auto pilot, you play smoother and faster without really trying smile.gif It's what Kris refers to in his beginner lessons here, one morning you wake up and it all clicks!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Liam
Feb 16 2007, 09:51 PM
Thats great, we al have this i guess.
But i notice too the better you get and noticed it lol , the more practice you need to get that feeling again.
wel oke you get better every week , but im talking about the feeling oke laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Robin
Feb 16 2007, 10:52 PM
I know what you mean smile.gif its really fun to notice progress

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:11 AM