Speed Licks Solo lesson!
mattacuk
Feb 17 2007, 02:36 PM
Lets go fishing!
Hey guys,
i would like do the Speed Licks solo lesson but i dont yet know how what Hammer ons are!!
e|-----------------------|
b|-----------------------|
g|---5-7-7br-5h7p5---5~--|
d|-7---------------7-----|
a|-----------------------|
e|-----------------------|

What does "br" mean? and im assumeing "h" is a hammer on?
help!!! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Norven
Feb 17 2007, 02:50 PM
GMC:er
br= bend then release
h= hammer on
p= pull off

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The Guitar may be the love of life.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 17 2007, 02:52 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Norven @ Feb 17 2007, 01:50 PM) *
br= bend then release
h= hammer on
p= pull off

thanks, i understand pull offs and bends, but what is a hammer on?? thanks!!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 17 2007, 03:56 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Feb 17 2007, 08:52 AM) *
thanks, i understand pull offs and bends, but what is a hammer on?? thanks!!

Its the reverse of a pull off - you hit the string with your finger at the proper fret and it makes a sound ... essential for legato playing along with the pulloff.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 17 2007, 05:36 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Feb 17 2007, 02:56 PM) *
Its the reverse of a pull off - you hit the string with your finger at the proper fret and it makes a sound ... essential for legato playing along with the pulloff.

thanks for your reply, i still dont really understand ! sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 17 2007, 06:09 PM
Lets go fishing!
Well im guessing this lesson isnt for me just yet as i havent done the tapping lessons yet. Can anyone recommend a good Solo lesson for me please? cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
chainsbroken
Feb 17 2007, 06:10 PM
GMC:er
This link may help you better understand what a hammer on is.

http://www.guitaralliance.com/guitar_lesso.../hammer-ons.htm

This post has been edited by chainsbroken: Feb 17 2007, 06:11 PM

--------------------
Deano

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 17 2007, 06:19 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (chainsbroken @ Feb 17 2007, 05:10 PM) *
This link may help you better understand what a hammer on is.
http://www.guitaralliance.com/guitar_lesso.../hammer-ons.htm

Excellent, now i full understand thank you!! biggrin.gif And now i know what andrew means buy a "reverse pull off".
So yes, can anyone recommend a good lesson to help me peice together some of my 101 lessons practice??

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:18 AM