Nah, not needed [ 6 ] ** [24.00%]
Wouldn't be allowed [ 5 ] ** [20.00%]
Too much to change [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 25
Guests cannot vote 
Azzaboi
Aug 29 2010, 01:41 AM
GMC:er
I love GMC, so many lessons to pick from, so many great instructors and others to learn from... except for one thing, when my internet gets capped (almost always near the end every month) down to dialup speed and I can't hardly view any of the videos and video chat sessions anymore for the rest of the month! sad.gif

So on behalf of all the slow capped ISP users on GMC...

I highly suggest for some downloadable content!

It would be great if some lessons are allowed to be downloaded for offline/local viewing? I like to come back and replay some of the lessons I'm currently learning, coming back the following days or even just jumping between pages, I have to re-stream the entire video again. At high speed this is fine, except for eating up bandwidth, but slow speeds this can be painful waiting.

Possible video chat to be saved as well? Miss a video chat lesson time or if the net is going slow and it's not streaming quickly enough to keep up, it would be great to be able to download or fully buffer and recap over a previous lesson. Sure you can't interact with it and get the most out of it, but it would still help a lot!

This would not only beneifit us practicing over and over the same lessons, etc, but also reduce the server load streaming and re-streaming, save bandwidth, etc?

Let me know what you think and if it's a possible option or not,

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Aug 29 2010, 01:45 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Mudbone
Aug 29 2010, 02:50 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I like the idea, but I actually want whats best for GMC. If it can be done without compromising the business aspect of this site, then I'm all for it. This is one of very few businesses I have come across that isn't constantly trying to screw me over, or trying to sell me rubbish I don't need, and I don't want that to change smile.gif

edited for language.
tony - on behalf of the moderating team

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by tonymiro: Aug 29 2010, 12:21 PM

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 29 2010, 03:31 AM
I was thinking just some content would be allowed - maybe for members only to download?
Some videos are already offered free to non-members, water-mark those and offer for download?
You would still need to login to view the tab and the other extras but you wouldn't need to stream down the video each time?

I agree with you Mudbone, you wouldn't want it without some limitations. It might be too much to deal with?
I asked incase someone had a great idea for it.

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 29 2010, 04:45 AM
Learning Roadie
i would like it!

QUOTE (Azzaboi @ Aug 28 2010, 09:31 PM) *
I was thinking just some content would be allowed - maybe for members only to download?
Some videos are already offered free to non-members, water-mark those and offer for download?
You would still need to login to view the tab and the other extras but you wouldn't need to stream down the video each time?

I agree with you Mudbone, you wouldn't want it without some limitations. It might be too much to deal with?
I asked incase someone had a great idea for it.

+1

+Quote Post
maharzan
Aug 29 2010, 07:35 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Yea.. at least the backing tracks.. Some mentors aren't active and its not possible to the backing track.

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Vaidya
Aug 29 2010, 08:58 AM
Learning Roadie
Yes,a great idea.It would be much simpler if you could download the backing tracks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 29 2010, 11:17 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I like the idea of the video chats (especially the one on saturday with Todd) being taped and then being available for download. These chats are so great, but I just cannot take part in them every saturday.
I'd also like downloadable BTs, but we had that discussion a couple of times herealready and nothing changed. Good thing that Adrian and Marcus put their BTs up on their boards, I wish other instructors would do that as well.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Aug 29 2010, 11:37 AM
Learning Tone Master
If the lessons become downloadable, they would soon to be found on filesharing sites all over the net which would financially ruin GMC because nobody would subscribe anymore...

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
JkB
Aug 29 2010, 11:50 AM
Actually there is a way to download videos as well as backing tracks and i personally download BT in order to record myself or to keep jam tracks that i like. Of course I don't spread these files all over the internet and keep them for myself and i'm don't know if i should post the method right here. You also need to have an active subcription to have access to these files.

That fact that i always could do this is also one of the reason why i never really felt the need to use the forum much ( yea i'm a bit shy... dry.gif )

Maye Kris may even want to fix this but i find it quite handy . Let me know if you want to explain the thing here

+Quote Post
MigeZ
Aug 29 2010, 11:54 AM
Yeah I agree with Zakk. But easily downloadable backing tracks would be a good idea. None of us would share the video lessons illegally but eventually someone would and that would be bad for GMC.
Cheers

--------------------
MigeZ
What doesn't kill you
Will only make you stronger

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Aug 29 2010, 12:10 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
GMC isn't so well known and unique, so I don't think that it would have to fear about filesharing sites. In fact there are tons of simple ways to download everything, that the thing about which Zakk is talking, would already be a reality. It isn't so there is no need to worry. I think that the reason behind not allowing downloading is the fact, that now loyal subscribers pay for the access all the time, while they could download the tab+backingtrack, than they could download 100 lessons, and have so much material to work with, that 1 month subscription per year would be more than enough.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Aug 29 2010, 12:14 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (JkB @ Aug 29 2010, 10:50 AM) *
.... Let me know if you want to explain the thing here

Thanks for asking first. Please don't post information on how to do this. Also everyone who does - read the Site's Terms of Use.
tony- on behalf of the moderating team

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Fusar
Aug 29 2010, 03:32 PM
I have the same opinion as most of you guys! It would harm GMC, if every member could download the videos as he wants...it's possible, I know that too, but therefore you have to make an effort ;-)
But I'd like to be able to download backing tracks easily...and yeah, a video chat would be so great! I'm never able to view Todd's chats on Saturday...and Pedja works very regularly on jazz topics in a very structured way, this would be great to have an archive etc.

--------------------

For all who are interested, I own a Yahama Pacifica 112 and a Spider Line 6 15W Amp

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Aug 29 2010, 05:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
So in theory we could just send a message to an instructor asking for all his backing tracks? Where do we draw the line? I mean personally It takes a lot of will and motivation for me to record a video, and having a hard time with school and studying, there are very few times when I have enough energy to record videos etc. When I have to adapt that already rare time to instructors who are sometimes inactive, I really hope the system is going to be changed.

Illegal Redistribution
I understand that being able to download everything would make it easy to share illegally etc. BUT we are already ABLE to do so with the few files that we do have. In other words, this argument is irrelevant. Moreoever, tabs and GuitarPro files are already available for download, so why do we not do the same for backing tracks? What if some nutbag just downloaded all the GP files and redistributed everything on some site? Either the management hasn't considered the similarity between downloadable GP-files and backing tracks and will make it all moderated because of this post, or somebody should start considering this aspect.

People like me find it very hard to adapt their recording rhythm to the availability of instructors all over the world. I think backing tracks should be more accessible, maybe even entire lessons (although these aren't already moderately downloadable).

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
thefireball
Aug 29 2010, 09:58 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Aug 29 2010, 05:37 AM) *
If the lessons become downloadable, they would soon to be found on filesharing sites all over the net which would financially ruin GMC because nobody would subscribe anymore...

Oh, yeah....I didn't think of that. You have a good point. wink.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Aug 29 2010, 10:13 PM
I think Downloadable Content is would destroy GMC really as you'd soon be able to find everything for free on file sharing sites. File sharing is already making many bands split up and costing the Music Industry lots of money. It doesn't impact the Movie and Game industries as much as they are a bit wiser than the people in the music industry. I just think downloadable content is a bad idea. There are of course ways to get the stuff anyway but I shall not be saying how.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
maharzan
Aug 30 2010, 08:55 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I don't think worrying too much about illegal distribution is healthy. Its the truth and its bound to happen, no matter what you do. Companies make big softwares, and very next month, its cracked. So, this will go on and on. You can only think of better ways to promote it.. or say sell more so the piracy doesn't bother you. I mean thats what happens in Film industries. They are making billions so if they lose a million, its really not a big deal. People tend to prefer watching movies in theatres than buying DVDs. Come to our streets, you will see every blockbuster movie DVDs pirated. smile.gif But then does that bother the film producers? I highly doubt.

Comment removed by tony - on behalf of the moderating team. If guys have bad intentions, they can do whatever they can, however they can. As someone said a months subscription is enough to rip off GMC content. The question is, is it worth the pain? I personally don't think so and I don't want to go that route too.

The first time I subscribed to GMC, it was because it was cheap. For 90$/yr (or so), I could enjoy any content any time for the whole year. My personal opinion in all business models has been, offer cheaper price but gather more customers than offer high price and gather few customers. Well there are good sides to both and you may argue with quality, this that.. but frankly, I haven't really seen GMC improving in quality. It has increased in features and what not but quality wise, its probably the same although the membership fee has increased dramatically.

Now, the question about downloadable content is, I think at least backing tracks should be available for paying members. Its not accessible to non paying members anyway. Even if someone really want to put them in torrent, one can easily do it right now.. Just ask for backing tracks and upload them. so, its irrelevant saying it will do this it will do that.

As a member, I just want to be able to grab a backing track of a lesson I like easily and start recording the lesson instead of having to wait for it. I hardly see much activity in the weekend and weekends are my be times to record.

Just my views as a member. Thanks for reading...

This post has been edited by tonymiro: Aug 30 2010, 01:02 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Aug 30 2010, 09:06 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (maharzan @ Aug 30 2010, 03:55 AM) *
I don't think worrying too much about illegal distribution is healthy. Its the truth and its bound to happen, no matter what you do. Companies make big softwares, and very next month, its cracked. So, this will go on and on. You can only think of better ways to promote it.. or say sell more so the piracy doesn't bother you. I mean thats what happens in Film industries. They are making billions so if they lose a million, its really not a big deal. People tend to prefer watching movies in theatres than buying DVDs. Come to our streets, you will see every blockbuster movie DVDs pirated. smile.gif But then does that bother the film producers? I highly doubt.

Comment removed by tony - on behalf of the moderating team. If guys have bad intentions, they can do whatever they can, however they can. As someone said a months subscription is enough to rip off GMC content. The question is, is it worth the pain? I personally don't think so and I don't want to go that route too.

The first time I subscribed to GMC, it was because it was cheap. For 90$/yr (or so), I could enjoy any content any time for the whole year. My personal opinion in all business models has been, offer cheaper price but gather more customers than offer high price and gather few customers. Well there are good sides to both and you may argue with quality, this that.. but frankly, I haven't really seen GMC improving in quality. It has increased in features and what not but quality wise, its probably the same although the membership fee has increased dramatically.

Now, the question about downloadable content is, I think at least backing tracks should be available for paying members. Its not accessible to non paying members anyway. Even if someone really want to put them in torrent, one can easily do it right now.. Just ask for backing tracks and upload them. so, its irrelevant saying it will do this it will do that.

As a member, I just want to be able to grab a backing track of a lesson I like easily and start recording the lesson instead of having to wait for it. I hardly see much activity in the weekend and weekends are my be times to record.

Just my views as a member. Thanks for reading...

Ninety bucks a year? How do I get in on that? lool smile.gif

This post has been edited by tonymiro: Aug 30 2010, 01:03 PM

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
maharzan
Aug 30 2010, 09:43 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
haha.. go back 2 years wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
emirb
Aug 30 2010, 10:11 AM
Accomplished Tone Guru
+1 on backing tracks.
I pay because I want to support the GMC and not see it disappear from the face of the earth:) I agree that it's not cheap, but quite frankly, Kris needs to pay the instructors too, and we've seen that some of them are disappearing (very unfortunate) from GMC - I wouldn't be surprised that 'income' would be one of the reasons. It's like supporting a good cause I guess hehe.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:46 PM