Judas Priest, Final World Tour
brandon
Dec 8 2010, 04:46 AM
GMC:er
Just saw this today:
http://judaspriest.com/news/fullstory.asp?...D2-C4A2431C9B2D

Breaks my heart to see them go, but they're getting pretty old and I'm sure they're done with touring. If you've never seen Priest live I highly suggest you make it to one of the dates they do for this tour. They're amazing live and I'm looking forward to seeing them again next year...even if it is for the last time.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
kahall
Dec 8 2010, 05:20 AM
Learning Roadie
Good idea. I saw them in the 80's and think I have referenced the story here before. Long story short. The local Baptist Bible college was out front protesting with signs and chanting things at me as I was walking in. Hilarious and it was a great show even back then.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 8 2010, 12:00 PM
Instructor
I can't believe it either.... sad.gif But at least they're going to bow out with class and as a unit of friends, not split up suddently..!

I was lucky enough to see them with Megadeth & Testament last year.. and I will definitely see them on this last tour ! Metal owes so much to the Priest !

+Quote Post
Fre
Dec 8 2010, 01:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
They're coming to Belgium as well!!
Will be the first AND last time I'll see them.

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Dec 8 2010, 02:42 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Last time I saw them was in Bucarest, Romania in 2008. We were their opening band. I can tell you they kicked some arse. Sad to see them go, as I know that one of them has a bad illness...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 8 2010, 03:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Zsolt Galambos @ Dec 8 2010, 01:42 PM) *
Last time I saw them was in Bucarest, Romania in 2008. We were their opening band. I can tell you they kicked some arse. Sad to see them go, as I know that one of them has a bad illness...

Oh my God, really ? You supported them ? Zsolt that must have been incredible !

But I'm shocked to hear about an illness. sad.gif

+Quote Post
brandon
Dec 8 2010, 04:18 PM
Wow Zsolt, that is amazing. Priest is my favorite band and I would love to get a chance to open for them. It's sad to hear about the illness though. I hadn't seen anything about that, but I kind of figured something like that was going on. Most bands that have made a career out of touring like Priest has don't just give it up unless there's a good reason. I plan on trying to see as many dates as I can on this tour. Heavy metal really wouldn't be what it is without Priest.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 8 2010, 10:30 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Seen them live twice and each time was a truly memorable show. Sad to see them go but they leave behind a legacy that will be forever unrivaled.

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Dec 9 2010, 08:24 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Thank you, Ben, it was one of our dream come true! smile.gif It was in 2008.

Yes it's shocking, but these things unfortunately come with aging...

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Dec 8 2010, 03:54 PM) *
Oh my God, really ? You supported them ? Zsolt that must have been incredible !

But I'm shocked to hear about an illness. sad.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
Sugabombs
Dec 24 2010, 04:31 PM
Oh that's right. I'm gonna see them at Sweden Rock this upcoming summer smile.gif It will be great! I'm really looking forward to it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:37 AM