3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Advanced Bushido Task 4
Ben Higgins
Feb 20 2012, 07:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (dark dude @ Feb 20 2012, 04:57 PM) *
My hands aren't enjoying one or two sections - feeling a bit of pain. Will have to be careful here!

Really ? Wow I'm quite surprsied that this Task is hard on the hands. Take it easy !! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cem
Feb 20 2012, 07:45 PM
Learning Tone Master
Ben, can you give some advice for playing the first melody? Rest of the track is OK but I can't play this :*

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 20 2012, 08:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cem @ Feb 20 2012, 06:45 PM) *
Ben, can you give some advice for playing the first melody? Rest of the track is OK but I can't play this :*

Hi Cem, which aspect is giving you trouble ? The picking, the speed or the rhythm ?

Are you able to follow the correct picking patterns from video 1 ?

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Feb 20 2012, 08:04 PM

+Quote Post
Cem
Feb 20 2012, 08:37 PM
Learning Tone Master
Oh god.. I never read the explanation he gave wacko.gif . I'll ask for further information here if my problem still exists

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 20 2012, 09:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cem @ Feb 20 2012, 07:37 PM) *
Oh god.. I never read the explanation he gave wacko.gif . I'll ask for further information here if my problem still exists

Hehe, no worries !!

Man.. I'm just imagining trying to play all these lessons without looking at the video parts laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
dark dude
Feb 20 2012, 11:00 PM
GMC:er
The only parts I'm having trouble with are the first and the timing of the chords to be honest.

On about 75/80% speed but need to clean it up the aforementioned sections.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
maharzan
Feb 21 2012, 04:12 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Try it at 70bpm you should get it. I got the hand of the timing using this method.

Dik Tak Dik Ta-Ta Tak
Dik Tak Dik Ta-Ta Tak

and you start. Not sure if it makes sense. smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
dark dude
Feb 21 2012, 04:16 AM
Thanks, yeah, it feels more natural now. Just have to play it enough times for it to sink in.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
maharzan
Feb 21 2012, 05:46 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
You are most welcome. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 21 2012, 10:20 AM
Instructor
I like odd timings because to me it's very natural. Not saying I can easily play odd timings if they're done by someone else but when writing I find it easy to just improvise or write in weird time signatures.

I've always viewed it like walking, talking etc... we don't do those things in a strict time like 4/4. They flow and change all the time so in music it should also be treated as natural. smile.gif

However, this piece is definitely tricky !! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
maharzan
Feb 21 2012, 11:35 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
This one time, I was randomly playing and I got a nice rhythm going. I thought it was 4/4 and then played a drum loop and tried to play the rhythm. I couldn't. I then tried to analyze it and put it on paper and what did I find. It was 7/4 beat. This was probably 5 years ago. I was like, WOW! How did I come up with that. smile.gif It felt natural though until I found out it was odd timing. I just did 3/4 as an "odd" beat till date.

Anyways, I think I can do this at 105bpm. Need to record it. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 21 2012, 11:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Feb 21 2012, 10:35 AM) *
This one time, I was randomly playing and I got a nice rhythm going. I thought it was 4/4 and then played a drum loop and tried to play the rhythm. I couldn't. I then tried to analyze it and put it on paper and what did I find. It was 7/4 beat. This was probably 5 years ago. I was like, WOW! How did I come up with that. smile.gif It felt natural though until I found out it was odd timing. I just did 3/4 as an "odd" beat till date.

Anyways, I think I can do this at 105bpm. Need to record it. smile.gif

Yeah that's the way it happens for me.. I'm aware of it being an odd timing but I don't anylize it until afterward and work out what it is smile.gif

+Quote Post
maharzan
Feb 21 2012, 01:17 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Okay Bensei (hehe), Here is a try at 105bpm. I just tried 2-3 takes and I got a good take while recording. Still messy here and there but didn't want to spend lot of time recording as I think I got a "ok" take. Will practice more and bump the speed as well. Just wanted to say, hey I got the timing thing! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 21 2012, 03:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (maharzan @ Feb 21 2012, 12:17 PM) *
Okay Bensei (hehe), Here is a try at 105bpm. I just tried 2-3 takes and I got a good take while recording. Still messy here and there but didn't want to spend lot of time recording as I think I got a "ok" take. Will practice more and bump the speed as well. Just wanted to say, hey I got the timing thing! smile.gif

That was brilliant !! You're enjoying that track really aren't you ??? wink.gif

That low bass really makes me laugh !! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
maharzan
Feb 21 2012, 04:31 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Yup its fun to do. Playing at tempo is real hard here. I was complaining about cannot shred with 2nps and this is mostly 1nps. Lol. 140 looks way fast. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
dark dude
Feb 22 2012, 10:41 PM
Really pushing the speed as much as I can, but it's really tough to get any more gains this week. My take will be at either 80% (112) or 85% (119) of 140 bpm.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 23 2012, 10:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (dark dude @ Feb 22 2012, 09:41 PM) *
Really pushing the speed as much as I can, but it's really tough to get any more gains this week. My take will be at either 80% (112) or 85% (119) of 140 bpm.

That's cool, Duder... a week isn't that long to make lots of speed progress smile.gif

I'll be introducing Task 5 today.. those that sat out for this week's Task can join in again for the new Task or they can do Task 4 and upload that for next week's deadline - it's totally up to you guys.

Everything's got a bit confusing now, I won't do it this way again to avoid confusion smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Feb 23 2012, 10:47 AM

+Quote Post
dark dude
Feb 23 2012, 11:15 AM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 23 2012, 09:47 AM) *
I'll be introducing Task 5 today.. those that sat out for this week's Task can join in again for the new Task or they can do Task 4 and upload that for next week's deadline - it's totally up to you guys.

Everything's got a bit confusing now, I won't do it this way again to avoid confusion smile.gif

Just call it task 4.5! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Feb 23 2012, 04:51 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (maharzan @ Feb 21 2012, 01:17 PM) *

Hey man that was an awesome take! You look really relaxed and it sounds great smile.gif Congrats man! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Feb 23 2012, 07:08 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Hey Dinaga. Thanks man. Hows your hand recovering??

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:17 AM