4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Competition Entries
onetabmat
Aug 29 2019, 07:21 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi I’m posting my latest competition entries .
If you have any feedback or advice regarding guitar competitions are welcome .

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by onetabmat: Aug 29 2019, 07:20 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 29 2019, 08:33 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Brilliant, the first one is my favourite, well done buddy.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 29 2019, 11:08 PM
GMC:er
Great work!! Awesome to see you going for contests! I wish more of our members did so!
Todd
P.S. Here are the rules for the KEISEL contest!
CONTEST IS OPEN WORLDWIDE Kiesel Solo Contest 2019 Rules 1. Download the Official Backing Track here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/soq0dk5elyt0on2/S...0Final.mp3?dl=0 2. Record a video submission of your solo and upload it to YouTube with the tag #kieselsolocontest2019. (Entries uploaded to Instagram and Facebook in addition to YouTube will be eligible to win Kiesel Merch and Accessories. We will be randomly selecting one entry from Instagram or Facebook every week that the contest is open to win Kiesel Merch and Accessories.) 3. There is only to be one entry per person. 4. We(the guys at Kiesel Guitars) will narrow it down to the top 30 entries, the Solo Contest Facebook Group will vote on the top 5 Entries (so be sure to join the group to make sure you get to vote for the top 5), and then the panel of judges(Jeff Kiesel along with a few guest artists) will pick the winner. 5. DO NOT tag Jeff Kiesel, any of the guest artists, or any Kiesel Employees, the panel of judges will see your submission, I promise. 6. Submissions are to be entered in by September 30th, 2019. 7. Have Fun! * * *PRIZES* * * FIRST PLACE - The first place winner of the contest will win $2000 towards a Custom Osiris or Zeus Guitar (winner’s choice) a Rocker 15 Terror head from Orange Amplification, a MXR Sugar Drive, a MXR Carbon Copy Mini, one box of Dunlop strings (winner’s choice), and one bag of custom printed Dunlop picks (winner's choice). SECOND PLACE - The second place winner wins a base model Zeus or Osiris Guitar(winner can pay for upgrades if they want any), one box of Dunlop strings (winner’s choice), and one bag of stock Dunlop guitar picks (winner’s choice). THIRD PLACE - The third place winner wins one set of Kiesel pickups (winner’s choice), a Kiesel fret wrap, and one box of Dunlop strings (winner’s choice).

Group Type
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Aug 29 2019, 02:21 PM) *
Hi I’m posting my latest competition entries .
If you have any feedback or advice regarding guitar competitions are welcome .

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 9 2019, 10:43 AM
Learning Rock Star
Great entries smile.gif I've been considering doing an entry for the Kiesel competition too. I think there's still a bit of time.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Sep 9 2019, 01:36 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Sep 9 2019, 10:43 AM) *
Great entries smile.gif I've been considering doing an entry for the Kiesel competition too. I think there's still a bit of time.

Go for it man 👍

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Jun 9 2020, 09:29 PM
Learning Roadie

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 9 2020, 09:32 PM
There are great ! PLease do keep sharing also, please do put the link to the contest in question for each one so we can all join in!! ALso, where are you finding out about all of these?

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 9 2020, 09:35 PM

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Jun 9 2020, 09:44 PM
Learning Roadie
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-4LFZSHki-/?ut...g_web_copy_link

A lot of the comps are now finished up but the Jam of the month is once a month.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/JTCJamOfTheMonth/?ref=share

Everyone is free to enter.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 9 2020, 10:02 PM
Many thanks!!I it seems like guitar competitions have slowed down a pinch recently. Not too long ago it seemed like there were tons of them.

QUOTE (onetabmat @ Jun 9 2020, 04:44 PM) *
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-4LFZSHki-/?ut...g_web_copy_link

A lot of the comps are now finished up but the Jam of the month is once a month.

Everyone is free to enter.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 9 2020, 10:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Jun 9 2020, 05:29 PM) *

Great stuff mate! I've enjoyed both solos. Tasty playing and tone! Congrats. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Jun 9 2020, 10:39 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 9 2020, 09:20 PM) *
Great stuff mate! I've enjoyed both solos. Tasty playing and tone! Congrats. smile.gif

Cheers

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Jun 10 2020, 09:11 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (onetabmat @ Jun 9 2020, 08:29 PM) *

All your entries sounds great but for my personal taste your video for "Jam of the month April" is the best one. smile.gif I love this video because has a catchy melody and the tone fit great with the backing. Also if I compare all your videos, on this one you built the tension in a very good way and this is one of the main things that should we care when we talk about composition.
In most of the cases, contests require a composition that sound as a song not as a jam. So, huge congrats for your work!!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Jun 10 2020, 09:16 AM
Learning Roadie

Everyone is free to enter.[/quote]

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Jun 10 2020, 08:11 AM) *
All your entries sounds great but for my personal taste your video for "Jam of the month April" is the best one. smile.gif I love this video because has a catchy melody and the tone fit great with the backing. Also if I compare all your videos, on this one you built the tension in a very good way and this is one of the main things that should we care when we talk about composition.
In most of the cases, contests require a composition that sound as a song not as a jam. So, huge congrats for your work!!! smile.gif

Thank you for the kind words

This post has been edited by onetabmat: Jun 10 2020, 09:14 AM

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Jun 10 2020, 04:32 PM
Learning Roadie

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 11 2020, 04:53 AM
Thanks for sharing the competitions!! This thread is a great way to keep a history of all of your competition entries. It's a great idea. Making a playlist on youtube for all of them is a good idea as well. It's great to be able to see your progress at a glance.

Todd

QUOTE (onetabmat @ Jun 10 2020, 11:32 AM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jun 11 2020, 04:58 AM

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Jun 11 2020, 03:38 PM
Learning Roadie

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 11 2020, 08:58 PM
This is some of the best playing I've yet seen from you and it's great to see! Very melodic and has subtle technical bits as well. Very nice Solo!! Super congrats. Building a solo is the ultimate expression of what we are here to do IMHO and you are doing it well smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (onetabmat @ Jun 11 2020, 10:38 AM) *

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Jun 12 2020, 09:20 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 11 2020, 07:58 PM) *
This is some of the best playing I've yet seen from you and it's great to see! Very melodic and has subtle technical bits as well. Very nice Solo!! Super congrats. Building a solo is the ultimate expression of what we are here to do IMHO and you are doing it well smile.gif

Todd

Thanks. I didn’t think about being technical of fast . I just tried making a solo that was complementary to the track. I have no intention of winning so I just had fun and enjoyed it.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 12 2020, 09:07 PM
That's as it should be smile.gif The first thing is that the solo should add to the track musically. If it doesn't do that, then it's a complete waste of everyone's time. Your solo is very musical. As a bonus, it also displays your technical ability that you've worked so hard on. Mucho congrats! It's great to see you coming up with solos!!! It's the reason GMC exists IMHO!

I'm working with a German band called ARKASA on a new track and I wish I could share the solo. It's one of my faves and it's not very "shreddy", it's very melodiic but serves the song well.

Todd

QUOTE (onetabmat @ Jun 12 2020, 04:20 AM) *
Thanks. I didn’t think about being technical of fast . I just tried making a solo that was complementary to the track. I have no intention of winning so I just had fun and enjoyed it.

+Quote Post
onetabmat
Jun 13 2020, 06:59 PM
Learning Roadie

i was able to be abit more technical with this piece

This post has been edited by onetabmat: Jun 13 2020, 07:00 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:06 AM