4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Quarantine Blues Jam!
Gabriel Leopardi
May 19 2020, 06:58 PM
Instructor
Hi friends!! Are you still on quarantine? I am. sad.gif

I think that it's time for some Blues!

Let's use my new lesson's backing. (Eric Gales Licks).

Attached File  Quarantine_Blues_Jam_backing_track_100_bpm.mp3 ( 731.76K ) Number of downloads: 196

This is an only audio collaboration. Please record your solo over this backing track, share your only guitar and mix audio files!

Key: E blues
Tempo: 100 bpm

Who is in? smile.gif

FINAL MIX:

Attached File  Quarantine_Blues_Mix___forum.mp3 ( 3.83MB ) Number of downloads: 138

vid edited by Todd Simpson.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jun 25 2020, 04:42 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 19 2020, 07:13 PM
GMC:er
Now that I have a new audio interface to try and my home studio is finally back together, I"M IN !!! smile.gif Can you put the final mix over a picture of each player with their name so that it can be shared on youtube and we can each share on our social media? I'd be happy to do that part myself actually smile.gif Just need a picture of each person participating and the time stamps for each solo e.g. Todd Simpson 1:30 to 1:45.

I miss seeing these on our youtube pages! : )

Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 19 2020, 01:58 PM) *
Hi friends!! Are you still on quarantine? I am. sad.gif

I think that it's time for some Blues!

Let's use my new lesson's backing. (Eric Gales Licks).

Attached File  Quarantine_Blues_Jam_backing_track_100_bpm.mp3 ( 731.76K ) Number of downloads: 196

This is an only audio collaboration. Please record your solo over this backing track, share your only guitar and mix audio files!

Key: E blues
Tempo: 100 bpm

Who is in? smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 19 2020, 07:15 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 19 2020, 08:51 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'm in,

first time I've picked up a guitar in a week so cut me some slack wink.gif Just a quick take for some feedback please.

Thanks

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/qbc-2020-rough-take

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 19 2020, 09:08 PM
Cool take!!! Especially for having had a break from playing!! I Hope you make version 2! It would be a good chance to try to fit parts of that long pentatonic run you just completed in bootcamp! I don't think you can fit it all in, but even doing a small chunk of it as connected notes would push you in to new levels on your solo playing! Give it a whirl if you can smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 19 2020, 03:51 PM) *
I'm in,

first time I've picked up a guitar in a week so cut me some slack wink.gif Just a quick take for some feedback please.

Thanks

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 19 2020, 09:35 PM
Thanks Todd,

I just wanted to dive in and get something down wink.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 20 2020, 01:16 AM
I hear ya! It works as is! Just thought I'd make a suggestion smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 19 2020, 04:35 PM) *
Thanks Todd,

I just wanted to dive in and get something down wink.gif

Cheers

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 20 2020, 07:28 AM
GMC Founder
YEAH! I love this backing!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 20 2020, 01:14 PM
I wasn't complaining buddy, I just meant I wanted to throw something down as I've missed it recently. I will develop it and try your suggestion wink.gif I also think it's good to bang something out that is in development and not polished, it might coax some of the beginners to have a go, it can be off putting if all they see are the final takes of people, especially the higher level people on here. I'm the beginner's carrot wink.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 20 2020, 01:16 AM) *
I hear ya! It works as is! Just thought I'd make a suggestion smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 20 2020, 03:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 19 2020, 03:13 PM) *
Now that I have a new audio interface to try and my home studio is finally back together, I"M IN !!! smile.gif Can you put the final mix over a picture of each player with their name so that it can be shared on youtube and we can each share on our social media? I'd be happy to do that part myself actually smile.gif Just need a picture of each person participating and the time stamps for each solo e.g. Todd Simpson 1:30 to 1:45.

I miss seeing these on our youtube pages! : )

Todd

We have a deal!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 19 2020, 04:51 PM) *
I'm in,

Thanks

Nice!!! Please remember to share your only guitar take once you have the final version. smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 20 2020, 03:28 AM) *
YEAH! I love this backing!!

Can't wait for your take!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: May 20 2020, 03:24 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 20 2020, 08:47 PM
Can I have some guidance please? How can I get this with more of a groove?

Thanks

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/qbc-2020-rough-take-2

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 21 2020, 01:40 AM
I agree! IT's a great idea to put something down asap. Before your hands or ears get to to used to it. It's a different thing once you've heard the track a hundred times. Both have value. Great to see you jumping in! Shows confidence in your playing which is great!!

As for groove, you could try to focus on playing accents on the off beat. Even going so far as to be silent for the on beat and playing only on the off beat. Makes a very syncopated sounding lead smile.gif

Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 20 2020, 08:14 AM) *
I wasn't complaining buddy, I just meant I wanted to throw something down as I've missed it recently. I will develop it and try your suggestion wink.gif I also think it's good to bang something out that is in development and not polished, it might coax some of the beginners to have a go, it can be off putting if all they see are the final takes of people, especially the higher level people on here. I'm the beginner's carrot wink.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 21 2020, 01:42 AM

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 21 2020, 12:20 PM
Will get something done and posted this weekend!!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 21 2020, 05:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 20 2020, 04:47 PM) *

Thanks

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/qbc-2020-rough-take-2

I think that the first phrase would sound a lot cooler if you bend that F# note to G, and I also think that adding a bend when you play that blue note, G (00:05) , will make it sound bluesier. I see that you are playing like a variation of my lesson, but those missed bends are the most important element to make this licks sound bluesy and connected with the chords.

One cool groove exercise would to play only the rhythm of this lesson's licks. You can do it using 1 muted string, or strumming with all strings muted. Does it make sense?

Attached File  Rhythm.gp ( 14.43K ) Number of downloads: 148

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 21 2020, 06:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ May 21 2020, 08:20 AM) *
Will get something done and posted this weekend!!!

Cool!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 21 2020, 07:35 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 21 2020, 01:40 AM) *
I agree! IT's a great idea to put something down asap. Before your hands or ears get to to used to it. It's a different thing once you've heard the track a hundred times. Both have value. Great to see you jumping in! Shows confidence in your playing which is great!!

As for groove, you could try to focus on playing accents on the off beat. Even going so far as to be silent for the on beat and playing only on the off beat. Makes a very syncopated sounding lead smile.gif

Todd

Thanks Todd,

I think I understand.

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 21 2020, 05:23 PM) *
I think that the first phrase would sound a lot cooler if you bend that F# note to G, and I also think that adding a bend when you play that blue note, G (00:05) , will make it sound bluesier. I see that you are playing like a variation of my lesson, but those missed bends are the most important element to make this licks sound bluesy and connected with the chords.

One cool groove exercise would to play only the rhythm of this lesson's licks. You can do it using 1 muted string, or strumming with all strings muted. Does it make sense?

Attached File  Rhythm.gp ( 14.43K ) Number of downloads: 148

Thanks Gab,

I tried to download that GP file but when I click it, it just opens a web page showing a load of ASCII characters wink.gif

I'll give the bends a try wink.gif

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 21 2020, 08:40 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 21 2020, 07:49 PM
Instructor
Try this one: Attached File  Rhythm.gpx ( 52.94K ) Number of downloads: 140

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 21 2020, 08:42 PM
Thanks Gab,

Must be an issue with Chrome, that did the same but I tried in Firefox and that was fine. I'll take a look but for now I think this will have to be my last take, I'm running out of ideas wink.gif I'd still like some critique though please if possible smile.gif I will look at the rhythm thing though and see what happens wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/qbc-2020-final-take-with-backing

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/qbc-2020-final-take-guitar-only

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 22 2020, 01:33 PM
Instructor
This is a lot better Phil! Your take is sounds very good now. Those first licks sound perfect now, and the overall rhythm is very enjoyable!

There is only one details that I would change, and it's that bend at 00:12/00:13. That's when the progression moves to A, and there you bend to the 4th (D). Not a tasty choice.

But you don't need to re-record this. It's a small detail.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
May 22 2020, 01:41 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 20 2020, 08:47 PM) *

Thanks

I am going to try to introduce you to a major sound ..
Your fifth note in ,which is a g if I am not mistaken , hit it and slide up one fret to a g#, so you will let it ring just long enough to introduce the note and then slide into the g#. Learn where your g#s are because it almost always works to play a g# in place a a g , and you can go back and forth with relatively no problem( with this backing )if it is another backing that G# might clash with a certain chord

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 22 2020, 06:04 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 22 2020, 01:33 PM) *
This is a lot better Phil! Your take is sounds very good now. Those first licks sound perfect now, and the overall rhythm is very enjoyable!

There is only one details that I would change, and it's that bend at 00:12/00:13. That's when the progression moves to A, and there you bend to the 4th (D). Not a tasty choice.

But you don't need to re-record this. It's a small detail.

Thanks Gab,

As you know I struggle to follow chords changes, when I'm improvising my brain tunes into the rhythm more than anything else, I don't really hear chord changes at the moment for some reason.

Now you've pointed it out, that note at 00:12/00:13 does sound "off", to my ears it sounds like it should have gone sharper. Thanks for pointing it out, I don't always noticed, especially on quick notes like that. smile.gif

By the way, that muted gp file looks like a good practice tool. I might use the method on other gp files when learning them, it concentrates on getting the rhythm of the phrases right without having to think of anything else.

Cheers

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ May 22 2020, 01:41 PM) *
I am going to try to introduce you to a major sound ..
Your fifth note in ,which is a g if I am not mistaken , hit it and slide up one fret to a g#, so you will let it ring just long enough to introduce the note and then slide into the g#. Learn where your g#s are because it almost always works to play a g# in place a a g , and you can go back and forth with relatively no problem( with this backing )if it is another backing that G# might clash with a certain chord

Thanks buddy,

I don't really get what you're saying while reading it but I'll see what happens when my hands are on the fretboard.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 22 2020, 07:43 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:02 AM