6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Futuristic Jam, Audio Collab!
Todd Simpson
Jul 19 2020, 08:42 AM
GMC:er
BTW put a spiff picture with your take guys and I'll do a string out so we can make a video and put it up on youtube!

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 19 2020, 11:42 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 19 2020, 03:51 AM) *
Understood. Skip all time based fx during export.

I don't really think it's a necessity though - we are not trying to hide the fact that we are lots of different guitar players recording over this track. We are certainly not in the same room in these times of social distancing!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 19 2020, 06:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 19 2020, 04:42 AM) *
BTW put a spiff picture with your take guys and I'll do a string out so we can make a video and put it up on youtube!

Todd

YEAH!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 19 2020, 07:42 AM) *
I don't really think it's a necessity though - we are not trying to hide the fact that we are lots of different guitar players recording over this track. We are certainly not in the same room in these times of social distancing!

totally agree!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 20 2020, 03:24 AM
not trying to hide anything to be sure. Just thought I'd try to put a video version together like I did last time. smile.gif I could use a performance video probably just as easily if it's a string out type of edit, one player after another.

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 19 2020, 06:42 AM) *

Try right clicking on this link smile.gif Then "save link as"
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&id=50493

QUOTE (MrVegas @ Jul 8 2020, 09:09 PM) *
I went into preferences, allowed download, turned off content blockers, and allowed pop up windows. I've tried right clicking, just brings up mini mirror image of the page it opens. im stumped, bummer

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jul 20 2020, 03:31 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 19 2020, 07:24 PM) *
not trying to hide anything to be sure. Just thought I'd try to put a video version together like I did last time. smile.gif I could use a performance video probably just as easily if it's a string out type of edit, one player after another.

I think Kris was referencing our use of effects i.e., not trying to hide the fact that it's a bunch of different guitar players recording remotely.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 20 2020, 06:25 AM
Ahh smile.gif Yes, not trying to hide that either smile.gif Just a bunch of guys trying to make some spiff guitar stuff!!

QUOTE (klasaine @ Jul 19 2020, 10:31 PM) *
I think Kris was referencing our use of effects i.e., not trying to hide the fact that it's a bunch of different guitar players recording remotely.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 20 2020, 09:18 AM
So I thought I'd add a lick from one of my fave Yngwie tunes in there. smile.gif It actually kinda worked!
https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/project-72020-406-am

and without time based fx or chorus etc. just gain
Attached File  Todd_Without_Backing.mp3 ( 1.62MB ) Number of downloads: 53

and thu patch
Attached File  Todd_ql109.ovp.zip ( 3.86K ) Number of downloads: 60

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 20 2020, 09:40 AM

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Jul 20 2020, 11:35 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Amazing Todd !!!
Fast licks, large vibrato and long notes, all is so tasty

This post has been edited by MisterM: Jul 20 2020, 11:37 AM

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Jul 20 2020, 11:54 AM
Learning Tone Master
Oh man I missed the initial post!

Gab is it too late for a submission?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 20 2020, 02:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 20 2020, 05:18 AM) *
So I thought I'd add a lick from one of my fave Yngwie tunes in there. smile.gif It actually kinda worked!
https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/project-72020-406-am

and without time based fx or chorus etc. just gain
Attached File  Todd_Without_Backing.mp3 ( 1.62MB ) Number of downloads: 53

and thu patch
Attached File  Todd_ql109.ovp.zip ( 3.86K ) Number of downloads: 60

That's epic Todd!!! I can recognize Trilogy's lick there!! Your take and tone are great mate!!

QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Jul 20 2020, 07:54 AM) *
Oh man I missed the initial post!

Gab is it too late for a submission?

Not too late! Go for it! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 21 2020, 02:53 AM
Thanks! I squeezed that trilogy lick in there for fun smile.gif I wondered if anyone would recognize it smile.gif Good ear!

Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 20 2020, 09:12 AM) *
That's epic Todd!!! I can recognize Trilogy's lick there!! Your take and tone are great mate!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 21 2020, 04:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 20 2020, 10:53 PM) *
Thanks! I squeezed that trilogy lick in there for fun smile.gif I wondered if anyone would recognize it smile.gif Good ear!

Todd

I've played this one during the end of year celebration at high school ! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 21 2020, 04:33 PM
Impressive! It's a challenging piece to be sure. It's also a vey fun piece which is probably why there are so many video versions of it on youtube! I just happened to notice when I was playing the backing track that the lick from Trilogy fit right in. so BAM! Instant Yngwie Homage smile.gif i'm using overloud THU for tone on this one and my neck pickup just lick Yngwie would do. I shared the THU patch just in case anyone else wants to try it smile.gif I was going to use an amp, but THU just sounded so much better.

P.S. I pulled all the FX except distortion off of my final track so you could have flexibility in the mix of what fx you wanted to put on it. I was using some delay/reverb/etc. but I'll leave it to you for the final mix smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 21 2020, 11:10 AM) *
I've played this one during the end of year celebration at high school ! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 21 2020, 04:38 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 21 2020, 06:13 PM
Instructor
That's great Todd! I also think that your tone is very cool in this one. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 21 2020, 06:57 PM
Thanks much! OVERLOUD THU is the secret sauce to killer tone timho. Also, all of the parameters can be changed at any time during mixdown! That's the best part IMHO. So flexible. I built it just for this collab. Here is a screen capture. It's like a laboratory of tone. This one patch is a bit insane. But it's what the backing called for smile.gif Used an ORANGE tube head. The cool thing about THU is that it lets you put anything you ant anywhere you want. So I'm using 2 cabs, 4 mics etc smile.gif
Attached Image

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 21 2020, 01:13 PM) *
That's great Todd! I also think that your tone is very cool in this one. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 21 2020, 06:59 PM

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Jul 22 2020, 07:35 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 20 2020, 01:12 PM) *

Awesome, I'm on it!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 23 2020, 04:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Jul 22 2020, 03:35 PM) *
Awesome, I'm on it!!

Cool! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 24 2020, 10:28 AM
Will have mine up this weekend Gab!
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 24 2020, 02:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 24 2020, 06:28 AM) *
Will have mine up this weekend Gab!
smile.gif

Cool!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Jul 24 2020, 07:59 PM
Learning Tone Master
Here is mine, hope I made it in time smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/user-473782366/futur...am-guitars-only

https://soundcloud.com/user-473782366/futuristic-jam-mix

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:32 AM