3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
More In Metallica
JVM
Mar 11 2008, 02:30 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (erik @ Mar 10 2008, 06:05 PM) *
nah tongue.gif I think slayer have always kept up their standard, and never made something disapointing (probably some, but not much), but never anything really really good. Metallica on the other hand started out with GREAT music and then suddenly started to suck. I think Metallica's top albums is better than all of slayer's albums, but then all of slayer's album is much better than everything metallica made after the black album. tongue.gif

what?

I though Enter Sandman was the first riff he wrote.. He even said it himself on the documentary on the black album

He wrote Creeping Death before he joined Metallica.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Mar 11 2008, 02:32 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (JVM @ Mar 10 2008, 08:30 PM) *
He wrote Creeping Death before he joined Metallica.

I was pretty sure that Mustaine wrote Ride the Lightning...or was that Call of Ktulu?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
swingline
Mar 11 2008, 02:38 AM
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Mar 10 2008, 06:32 PM) *
I was pretty sure that Mustaine wrote Ride the Lightning...or was that Call of Ktulu?

I think both. unsure.gif

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
JVM
Mar 11 2008, 02:38 AM
Learning Roadie
He has writing credit on ride the lightning and call of ktulu along with the rest of the band (minus kirk), but not for creeping death.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Mar 11 2008, 02:10 PM
Instructor
I'm keeping my expectations low for the forthcomming new Metallica album low.. but it cant possibly be worse than St.Anger?.. can it?

But even after the St.Anger and Re-Load blooper, i still love Metallica. Their albums from the 80ies litterarly taught me guitar.

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Mar 11 2008, 02:10 PM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 11 2008, 02:16 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
It would be so cool if they actually pulled off another mindblowing album, but I have my doubts..
But time will tell, and I'm crossing my fingers smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sonny
Mar 12 2008, 01:54 AM
i am 99% sure that creping death was wroten by Dave Mustaine, and the lyrics too, he said he got the lyrics from the bible... anyways.. i'm not waiting to much... even when metallica has been my fave band forever

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Mar 12 2008, 03:15 AM
^Kinda, they got the Idea for the the lyrics from the Moses movie or whatever it's called. Mustaine shouldn't get full credit for writing it; it was Lars I think who said " Whoa, Creeping Death" whenever the movie was at the Death Angel scene.

Any ways, it's one of the best Angel of Death songs out there imo; a more unique point of view than most of them.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:22 PM