8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Badass Blues Collab, It had to happen
Todd Simpson
Aug 6 2015, 06:23 PM
GMC:er
Thanks! smile.gif I'm digging your latest take as well wink.gif I think this collar is gonna RAAAWKKK!!!

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Aug 5 2015, 05:53 AM) *
hey !! i love this track mate!!!

Laurent

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 7 2015, 08:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Procyon @ Aug 6 2015, 03:30 PM) *
I finally managed to record my take... I planned to do it earlier but then I slightly injured my hand and couldn't play for some days. It should be ok now... dry.gif

Well, bleez, I just realised that my take starts exactly the same way as yours! Of course I did not steal your idea (I just saw your take right now) - but it must be a really good idea since I absolutely like your take, it's awesome!

Excellent work, my friend.. and that tone is lovely.. just the right amount of sizzle smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Danyl
Aug 8 2015, 06:41 PM
Hi Guys,

Just few days ago joined to GMC - cool site, cool lessons, cool community smile.gif
I want to join to this badass collab and introduce my version of playing it. Open for comment, critics, etc. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Danyl: Aug 8 2015, 06:42 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 8 2015, 06:59 PM
WELCOME TO GMC!!! Is that a TRIAXIS I see? Nice smile.gif I'm digging your tone and playing. There is a bit of an off note right after the start but it's blues so it's not meant to be squeaky clean, so maybe leave it in. I like your licks and note choices smile.gif I'm sure Ben will have more!!

QUOTE (Danyl @ Aug 8 2015, 01:41 PM) *
Hi Guys,

Just few days ago joined to GMC - cool site, cool lessons, cool community smile.gif
I want to join to this badass collab and introduce my version of playing it. Open for comment, critics, etc. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Danyl
Aug 8 2015, 09:57 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 8 2015, 07:59 PM) *
WELCOME TO GMC!!! Is that a TRIAXIS I see? Nice smile.gif I'm digging your tone and playing. There is a bit of an off note right after the start but it's blues so it's not meant to be squeaky clean, so maybe leave it in. I like your licks and note choices smile.gif I'm sure Ben will have more!!

Thanx Todd. Yes, I'm using mesa boogie triaxis preamp with tc electronics g-major as effects unit. I tried to find bluesy tone - not so distorted, but at the same time with a punch and wide dynamics smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Aug 9 2015, 05:36 AM
Learning Rock Star
What do you guys think of this?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 10 2015, 01:13 AM
Your playing is very good indeed! Note choice etc. Sadly, I'm having trouble hearing your take sad.gif Are you using the mic built in to a laptop or something? Can you record direct and use a plugin or something so we can get more detailed sounds from the guitar?

QUOTE (Jim S. @ Aug 9 2015, 12:36 AM) *

+Quote Post
Nick6373
Aug 12 2015, 12:52 AM
Here's my first take (the end is kinda shit since I couldn't get anything)
https://soundcloud.com/nick-peacock-7/blues-collab-roughtake
I love the backing track!!

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Aug 12 2015, 04:02 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 9 2015, 08:13 PM) *
Your playing is very good indeed! Note choice etc. Sadly, I'm having trouble hearing your take sad.gif Are you using the mic built in to a laptop or something? Can you record direct and use a plugin or something so we can get more detailed sounds from the guitar?

Sorry Sarge! Here's a new take with new licks n bends And.... Mixed to the best my ability. Compression and a little eq. I boosted up 2 areas in the mids and cut the bass way before noticing it. This one was a fun one!

The backing track seems to clip at times. Is it my headphones or is it clipping in the high end???

+Quote Post
MossRoller
Aug 13 2015, 09:23 PM
QUOTE (Jim S. @ Jul 23 2015, 02:40 PM) *
https://soundcloud.com/jim-seekford-music/badass-blues-collab-idea

I had a little time and I made this. It is an improvised take but hey that's how I roll I guess...

Hi.
Starting at about :15 seconds I'm liking and find interesting the note choices. I was wondering
if your adding in the 2nd (9th) interval to the Gm pentatonic. Or is there something else going on?

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Aug 14 2015, 03:07 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (MossRoller @ Aug 13 2015, 04:23 PM) *
Hi.
Starting at about :15 seconds I'm liking and find interesting the note choices. I was wondering
if your adding in the 2nd (9th) interval to the Gm pentatonic. Or is there something else going on?

Hey Moss! Thanks. From that arp with the 9th I play what I believe to be...( I'm in the emergency room waiting for a doctor) F dominant.... Now it's not actually F dominant just all the notes... It's a succession of patterns from F Dom but I have no other way to describe it. I'm actually confused now... I'd have to pick up my guitar and tell ya...

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 15 2015, 10:42 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
yo Ben, Ive tried to hit the bigger bend at the end to get that extra semitone, I think I got it in this take. I did try some different ways of picking it like you suggested. In the end I seemed to get on better with just the one pick and big bend.

This post has been edited by bleez: Aug 15 2015, 10:43 PM

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Aug 16 2015, 01:08 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 15 2015, 05:42 PM) *
yo Ben, Ive tried to hit the bigger bend at the end to get that extra semitone, I think I got it in this take. I did try some different ways of picking it like you suggested. In the end I seemed to get on better with just the one pick and big bend.

What a nice take man! So controlled and I like how you come back to the opening phrase!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 16 2015, 10:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Danyl @ Aug 8 2015, 05:41 PM) *
Hi Guys,

Hi Danyl, wow man this is really tasteful. You've got nice pacing.. space between the phrases. Great tone and interesting note choice. Lots of dynamics too.. some soft picking and harder picking.

Welcome to the collab and welcome to GMC!

There's an unusual note near the beginning which I had to listen back to a few times. Not sure if it was intentional?

QUOTE (Jim S. @ Aug 9 2015, 04:36 AM) *

Really great playing! Love that tumbling legato lick around 0:24 cool.gif

QUOTE (Nick6373 @ Aug 11 2015, 11:52 PM) *
Here's my first take (the end is kinda shit since I couldn't get anything)
https://soundcloud.com/nick-peacock-7/blues-collab-roughtake
I love the backing track!!

Hey Nick this is cool stuff. If you spend some time to maybe compose a few pre-determined phrases then you'll have a much stronger take with no "shit" bits in it, as you say smile.gif

QUOTE (Jim S. @ Aug 12 2015, 03:02 AM) *
Sorry Sarge! Here's a new take with new licks n bends And.... Mixed to the best my ability. Compression and a little eq. I boosted up 2 areas in the mids and cut the bass way before noticing it. This one was a fun one!

The backing track seems to clip at times. Is it my headphones or is it clipping in the high end???

Another tasteful take with some interesting neo classical ideas in too. You've got several takes with loads of good bits to choose from so will be interesting as to how you're final solo will turn out.

QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 15 2015, 09:42 PM) *

There it is - the magic! biggrin.gif

Just a semitone makes the difference, doesn't it?

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 16 2015, 12:33 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Danyl @ Aug 8 2015, 06:41 PM) *
Hi Guys,

Hey Darryl, Im really loving your tone here. It sounds excellent. What model of Les Paul is that, it kinda looks like it has a bit of a Bonamassa about it with those volume / tone knobs.

QUOTE (Jim S. @ Aug 16 2015, 01:08 AM) *
What a nice take man! So controlled and I like how you come back to the opening phrase!

thanks Jim smile.gif Im looking forward to hearing what you decide on for your final take, Ive really dug all your takes so far,

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 16 2015, 10:42 AM) *
There it is - the magic! biggrin.gif

Just a semitone makes the difference, doesn't it?

It really does! I compared both my takes and that last bend sucked balls in the first one. I dont know why I didnt hear it at the time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Danyl
Aug 16 2015, 03:27 PM
QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 16 2015, 02:33 PM) *
Hey Darryl, Im really loving your tone here. It sounds excellent. What model of Les Paul is that, it kinda looks like it has a bit of a Bonamassa about it with those volume / tone knobs.

Hey Bleez, I like your last take, so tastfully smile.gif
I have Gibson Les Paul Bonamassa Studio. I've made refinish... more darker body as you can see here: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/qpzufmjkqp8bwit/...HY_YDYzMVhvlwba

This post has been edited by Danyl: Aug 16 2015, 03:28 PM

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 16 2015, 03:55 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Danyl @ Aug 16 2015, 03:27 PM) *
Hey Bleez, I like your last take, so tastfully smile.gif
I have Gibson Les Paul Bonamassa Studio. I've made refinish... more darker body as you can see here: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/qpzufmjkqp8bwit/...HY_YDYzMVhvlwba

That's awesome. As soon as I saw those volume knobs I knew it had to be a JB! those pics are stunning and it sounds fantastic. What a lovely guitar indeed. Ive only ever seen the goldtop version over here in the UK, and even those seem few and far between.
very impressive, mate. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 16 2015, 05:39 PM
(Production files: here is a zip of project file LOGIC PRO X format. I don't know if more than one or two people have LOGIC X, or use Mac computers for that matter, but here goes. Anyhoo, unzip and check the pedalboard on the guitar channel. Guitar is recorded dry and using only logic built in bits for fx)
Attached File  BluesToddFullProject.logicx.zip ( 15.67MB ) Number of downloads: 82

Here is my guitar only track and track with backing. smile.gif

Attached File  Todd_Solo_Only.mp3 ( 1.09MB ) Number of downloads: 83

with backing

Attached File  BluesProjectBounce.mov_copy.mp3 ( 1.09MB ) Number of downloads: 79

And here is the vid smile.gif
Download Link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9IcD8RC26...iew?usp=sharing
Preview

P.S. I'm switching away from DROPBOX to GOOGLE DRIVE as Google drive is 2bux per month for 100 gigs.

SIGNAL CHAIN:
Rick Hanes (prototype) "Crusher"
Spectraflex Cables/VonHotch Picks
USB direct recording clean (via 11 rack) / LOGIC X for all tone/fx.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Aug 17 2015, 01:24 AM

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Aug 16 2015, 06:11 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Hey all, Here is what I came up with for the blues collab. I was going to record it with video at same time but realized I loaned my camera out. rolleyes.gif A video will follow soon and I can re-record with suggestions.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Badass_blues_collab.mp3 ( 1.28MB ) Number of downloads: 119

--------------------

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 16 2015, 06:38 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Aug 16 2015, 06:11 PM) *
Hey all, Here is what I came up with for the blues collab. I was going to record it with video at same time but realized I loaned my camera out. rolleyes.gif A video will follow soon and I can re-record with suggestions.

that sounds excellent Joe. proper badass sounding cool.gif its good to hear some of your solos again smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:00 AM