Hello All
ChrisGLP
Aug 23 2015, 03:26 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello all,

my name is Chris and I live in Heidelberg, Germany.

After a break of 30 years playing the guitar :-((( I have decided 8 month ago to buy me a guitar again, a GLP Traditional 2014.

A few weeks ago I have found this Webpage "Guitarmasterclass" and I am very excited. All these fantastic lessons in different difficulty Levels, absolutely super and thanks to all instructors.

I think my playing-level is 2 or 3, I hope I can reach 5 unsure.gif . I like metal, rock and blues.

And now, I go practising, practising, practising.... smile.gif

Regards
Chris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 23 2015, 04:45 PM
GMC Founder
Awesome to have you here Chris! biggrin.gif

Out of curiosity, is there anything in particular you are having problems with? Also, are there any specific guitarists/bands that you consider your 'dream target'?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Aug 23 2015, 06:13 PM
Hi Kristofer,

at the Moment a great Problem for me are the bendings.... unsure.gif (one of my Problems).

Do you have a advice for me to practise the bendings?

I try to post my first rec..... (then you can hear the Problem rolleyes.gif )

My favourite bands are Iron Maiden and AC / DC cool.gif

Regards
Chris

here is my first rec Kristofer...

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=54834

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 23 2015, 07:13 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Welcome to GMC! I've just found your take at REC so you have my feedback and lesson suggestions there. LINK

Enjoy the site! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
ChrisGLP
Aug 23 2015, 07:41 PM
Hi Gabriel,

thx for your suggestions... smile.gif

I hope my bendings will be better in the next rec.... rolleyes.gif first I practise these lessons you have suggested....

Regards
Chris

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 23 2015, 07:49 PM
GMC:er
WELCOME TO GMC!! You are about to get waaay better than you thought was ever going to be possible smile.gif I do our Saturday Video Chats so please do stop by! Our schedule is on the front page of the site. This is an amazing place for guitar players.

Todd

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 24 2015, 06:07 AM
Learning Tone Master
Hi Chris and welcome to GMC! See you around the forum smile.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Aug 24 2015, 07:24 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Chris!

Welcome to the site biggrin.gif
And that's an awesome first REC-take man! Have fun and see you around the forum -

Greetings from Minden/Westf. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 24 2015, 08:15 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (ChrisGLP @ Aug 23 2015, 07:13 PM) *
Hi Kristofer,

at the Moment a great Problem for me are the bendings.... unsure.gif (one of my Problems).

Do you have a advice for me to practise the bendings?

I try to post my first rec..... (then you can hear the Problem rolleyes.gif )

My favourite bands are Iron Maiden and AC / DC cool.gif

Regards
Chris

here is my first rec Kristofer...

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=54834

Awesome Chris, from what i can tell from this video, you have a very relaxed approach to practicing and don't seem to be pushing speed. I'd say those are the two most important criteria for self improvement. If you can keep going like this - you just need to find time to learn lots of new lessons and nothing will prevent you for reaching the stars!

As for bending - one approach is to "brute force" it by practicing bending with a tuner (to make sure you're in pitch) and keep practicing playing along with recorded solos (you will hear when you're not in pitch). I also struggle with bending, and I recorded a video that covers some of the cool workarounds I use:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 5 2015, 09:05 AM
Welcome to the family Chris. smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Daeron
Sep 5 2015, 12:02 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Welcome on GMC, Chris !

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:03 AM