2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Winery Dogs
Spock
Apr 26 2014, 02:17 PM
GMC:er
Going to go see these guys in Atlanta on May 9th.

Had never heard of them until this week and they rock! Made up of super stars...

- Mike Portnoy
- Richie Kotzen
- Billy Sheehan

See ya there Todd?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Huargo
Apr 26 2014, 02:43 PM
Tone Seeker
Like.
thanks!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spock
Apr 26 2014, 03:01 PM
Cool - here's a more polished sounding official video of that song...

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 26 2014, 03:16 PM
Instructor
3 excellent musicians playing rock songs. You will really enjoy this concert. Then tell us how it was! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Hexabuzz
Apr 26 2014, 04:10 PM
Wow... Nice...

I still remember seeing Billy as the bass player in Talas open for Yngwie Malmsteen...

Pretty classic, though... Long before DLR, Mr. Big, etc...

Boy,I'm old... ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 26 2014, 04:47 PM
I just like the fact that he kinda shreds on a standard Telecaster with his fingers into a Fender amp.

+Quote Post
Spock
Apr 26 2014, 04:53 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Apr 26 2014, 11:47 AM) *
I just like the fact that he kinda shreds on a standard Telecaster with his fingers into a Fender amp.

No doubt Ritchie is blowing my mind. Getting that tone and singing while playing those parts. Ambidextrous as hell, like rubbing your tummy, patting your head and doing a hoolahoop at the same time.

I'm hoping Todd Simpson will come hang out that night in Atlanta.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 26 2014, 05:59 PM
Learning Tone Master
who are these guys ?

+Quote Post
wollace03
Apr 27 2014, 07:41 PM
I bought their cd cause I was always a fan of Ritchie Kotzen´s guitar work and as an old days fan of Dream Theater Mike Protnoy somehow comes as a bonus (not to forget Billy on bass). But what really blew me away besides that was the singing of Ritchie - absolutely great.
This is not just another super group thinking their name alone makes them great - this is fantastic music!!

enjoy the concert!!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 28 2014, 04:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (wollace03 @ Apr 27 2014, 03:41 PM) *
I bought their cd cause I was always a fan of Ritchie Kotzen´s guitar work and as an old days fan of Dream Theater Mike Protnoy somehow comes as a bonus (not to forget Billy on bass). But what really blew me away besides that was the singing of Ritchie - absolutely great.
This is not just another super group thinking their name alone makes them great - this is fantastic music!!

enjoy the concert!!!

Cool to know it! and yeah, I have been always impressed by Kotzen's singing abilities. He has a killer voice.
I have to see them live..

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 28 2014, 07:48 AM
Instructor
In my opinion, Kotzen is one of the greatest artists alive - amazingly good voice, songwriting skills and guitar chops! I definitely like The Winery Dogs and I am thinking of going to Budapest to see them live in September.

+Quote Post
Spock
May 10 2014, 03:03 AM
Watching them right now. HOLY SHIT!!!! Portnoy is my new favorite drummer.

Top to bottom, awesome band, in freaking credible awesome band!

This post has been edited by Spock: May 10 2014, 04:40 AM

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 10 2014, 03:58 AM
Oh nice, they are playing at the variety playhouse. Great venue. Old theater. Enjoy guys, let us know how it goes.

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.

+Quote Post
Spock
May 10 2014, 04:47 AM
Hallelujah!!! My car was not towed!!!

GREAT GREAT GREAT SHOW!!!

Cosmin, go see them. I knew they rocked, but until you feel it live, there is no way a produced album or YouTube video can do these guys justice.

Pics and video to come.

I shook hands and took a pic of my friend with John Wesley of Porcupine Tree. He was a very gracious and friendly man and was elated that I told him my friend played his part in a Porcupine Tree cover tune band and I watched him many times on a 120 inch screen.

Awesome night, great food, great booze, great music, great time in Atlanta.

If you have the chance, go see these guys, a true 3 piece band that will ROCK YOUR ASS OFF!!!

And they owned Hey Joe and ended with Shy Boy.

Winery Dogs Rock!

This post has been edited by Spock: May 10 2014, 05:23 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 10 2014, 01:14 PM
Instructor
Wow! Sounds like you are thrilled dude! biggrin.gif

Out of what I know, Kotzen is coming to Budapest in September, but I think it's just him, not with Winery Dogs - I have to check out the dates and to see what money I'll have till then, since I already planned a trip to Austria and Germany in October.

+Quote Post
Spock
May 10 2014, 02:24 PM
Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 10 2014, 07:26 PM
Crap!!!! I knew I was forgetting something. Looks like I toss that ticket now. How was the show?

QUOTE (Spock @ Apr 26 2014, 09:17 AM) *
Going to go see these guys in Atlanta on May 9th.

Had never heard of them until this week and they rock! Made up of super stars...

- Mike Portnoy
- Richie Kotzen
- Billy Sheehan

See ya there Todd?

+Quote Post
Spock
May 10 2014, 07:35 PM
It was great man - we had a blast. I just walked in the door coming home from Atlanta. We were a little late getting to the show but saw most of the first band, we ate at Ted's - had Bison Fillets, man those things melt in your mouth.

Working on 4 hours of sleep, but I have some video I shot, and I hope it sounds good. They are right up there with Rush for me, awesome 3 piece band just jamming. Portnoy won me over with his smaller kit (than Dream Theater), he played rawer and heavier it seemed - all 3 are great showman. Richie smokes that Tele and Sheehan on the bass is one of a kind - I've seen Sheehan 3 times now, first with Mr. Big and David Lee Roth, and I think this was the best - maybe because it was a smaller more personal venue.

They ended the show with this and Billy sang it...

\

^^^

Yes, Richie hits all the squelches and most the dives with no pick on a Tele with no tremolo, using string bends - dude is phenomenal.

BTW - I looked all over for you Todd.

This post has been edited by Spock: May 10 2014, 07:45 PM

+Quote Post
Spock
May 10 2014, 08:02 PM
This is cool...

+Quote Post
Marius Pop
May 10 2014, 08:34 PM
Instructor
Oh my! Richie Kotzen is great! I've stollen a lot of licks from the man. I love this formula - great songs, rock'n'roll and a lot of rhythmic formulas. It always makes me smile when I catch a great one biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:18 PM