Got Something In The Mail :)
Taka Perry
Oct 9 2013, 11:25 AM
Learning Rock Star
My mixer arrived today! So far so good, I can plug everything in, including guitar, backing tracks, and a microphone smile.gif Now, my next thing is to build a pedalboard smile.gif Thank you to Todd for pointing out the importance of having one smile.gif I probably wouldn't have gotten it if you didn't tell me about it!

The pedals are a little messy, but once I get my pedalboard going, everything will look nicer.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 9 2013, 02:19 PM
Instructor
I wonder how long would it take to see all our "guitar rigs" looking like this tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 9 2013, 06:30 PM
Instructor
Nice one! Congratulations! It's a great decision to get a mixer to be able to have everything connected and ready to use. I can see a baby boom overdrive there... what can you tell me about it?

I ordered a Baby Boom delay and I'm waiting to receive it... biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 10 2013, 12:10 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Congratulations! Those little mixers are very handy to have. We have a one that we use for "silent rehearsals" at my drummers place smile.gif Basically, we all plug in and we use PC DAW to get some effects going on, on the full mix (like BB Sonic Maximizer) so that we get a more powerful sound. Each bend member has headphones so we don't disturb anyone (drummer plays the electric drum set). Very handy and you can hear "everything" when it comes to playing/singing details. Something we miss when having rehearsals in practice rooms with full volume and gear.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Oct 10 2013, 12:31 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 10 2013, 04:30 AM) *
Nice one! Congratulations! It's a great decision to get a mixer to be able to have everything connected and ready to use. I can see a baby boom overdrive there... what can you tell me about it?

I ordered a Baby Boom delay and I'm waiting to receive it... biggrin.gif

Ah, yes, that is a Baby Boom Mad Driver. It was my first pedal ever and I won it at an auction on eBay for $20. It's a Tubescreamer clone and I like it a lot. While I have a multi-effects pedal, I find that for overdrive pedals, analog always have more raw grit to it smile.gif If you dial your amp gain up to the point where it is kind of breaking into distortion, and then dial the Mad Driver in, you get some very nice crunchy tones. One thing I like is that it has a 3-way switch of Normal, Bright, and Warm overdrive, something that the original Ibanez Tubescreamer didn't have smile.gif

I haven't tried any other Baby Boom series, but I have heard a lot of good things about them, so let me know how yours is when you get it! smile.gif

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Oct 10 2013, 10:10 AM) *
Congratulations! Those little mixers are very handy to have. We have a one that we use for "silent rehearsals" at my drummers place smile.gif Basically, we all plug in and we use PC DAW to get some effects going on, on the full mix (like BB Sonic Maximizer) so that we get a more powerful sound. Each bend member has headphones so we don't disturb anyone (drummer plays the electric drum set). Very handy and you can hear "everything" when it comes to playing/singing details. Something we miss when having rehearsals in practice rooms with full volume and gear.

That cool! Do you have a separate headphone amp for multiple headphones? I think my mixer is a bit too small for band rehearsals, but being a soloist, it fits my needs perfectly, and I still have an extra input free in case I want to plug a synth or drum pad in smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 10 2013, 04:36 AM
GMC:er
Congratulations!! smile.gif It's really coming together!!! I can see it starting to shape up in to a really spiff rig!! Get your pedal board going and BAM!!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Oct 9 2013, 06:25 AM) *
My mixer arrived today! So far so good, I can plug everything in, including guitar, backing tracks, and a microphone smile.gif Now, my next thing is to build a pedalboard smile.gif Thank you to Todd for pointing out the importance of having one smile.gif I probably wouldn't have gotten it if you didn't tell me about it!

The pedals are a little messy, but once I get my pedalboard going, everything will look nicer.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 10 2013, 09:20 AM
Instructor
Congrats Taka! For the number and dimensions of the pedals that I can see there, I would like to recommend this one:

It is a great option smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 10 2013, 09:26 AM
QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Oct 10 2013, 01:31 AM) *
That cool! Do you have a separate headphone amp for multiple headphones? I think my mixer is a bit too small for band rehearsals, but being a soloist, it fits my needs perfectly, and I still have an extra input free in case I want to plug a synth or drum pad in smile.gif

Yes - we use this one : http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/AMP800.aspx
It has 4 channels but they are also doubled each on the backside of the unit so we can share some of them if we need more (we use 5).

It is a very useful unit. We also use a similar behringer device for real time reverb/delay effects for vocals (via send/return).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 10 2013, 10:49 AM
Learning Rock Star
I've been meaning to try and set up a microphone as well, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it working properly. Maybe I'll have a go at it later today. I don't have a mixer though, but it seems like a great solution.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Oct 10 2013, 11:14 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 10 2013, 07:20 PM) *
Congrats Taka! For the number and dimensions of the pedals that I can see there, I would like to recommend this one:

It is a great option smile.gif

Thank you, but I'm gonna build one! smile.gif I've already got a bit of a plan, so I will let you know how it goes smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 10 2013, 11:42 AM
QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Oct 10 2013, 12:14 PM) *
Thank you, but I'm gonna build one! smile.gif I've already got a bit of a plan, so I will let you know how it goes smile.gif

One advice when it comes to building your own pedalboard : make sure you first build or get a case in which you plan to carry it around and then build the pedalboard that fits into it. You'll notice that the main thing with having a pedalboard is the portability factor and having an ability to carry it around.

I use the mentioned Boss BCB-60 pedalboard for gigs. When it comes to these pedalboards, I think its a much better value to get a Behringer one, for example : http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/PB600.aspx or a huge one : http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/PB1000.aspx as they are much cheaper.... These pedalboards are just plastic cases in essence with a power adapter, not really much going on yet Boss one is pretty pricey.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 10 2013, 12:13 PM
Instructor
My pedalboard seemed to be rather small one comparing to what I used to see but now it's still heavy and sometimes way to big...I will work on the samller version too for some small gigs.

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Oct 10 2013, 01:53 PM
GMC:er
congrats on the new gear Taka, I love shopping for new guitar stuff, I bought a Gibson es 335 the other day and this thread is making me think that I should get a pedal board too smile.gif

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Oct 11 2013, 06:52 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Oct 10 2013, 09:42 PM) *
One advice when it comes to building your own pedalboard : make sure you first build or get a case in which you plan to carry it around and then build the pedalboard that fits into it. You'll notice that the main thing with having a pedalboard is the portability factor and having an ability to carry it around.

I use the mentioned Boss BCB-60 pedalboard for gigs. When it comes to these pedalboards, I think its a much better value to get a Behringer one, for example : http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/PB600.aspx or a huge one : http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/PB1000.aspx as they are much cheaper.... These pedalboards are just plastic cases in essence with a power adapter, not really much going on yet Boss one is pretty pricey.

Thanks Bogdan. I'll make sure I find something to build it around. I bought a dedicated power supply the other day with isolated power slots, so I want to use that. What would think about putting the mixer on the pedalboard? I'm thinking that would make it very convenient for me to quickly adjust levels during a song.

There's a few generic pedal board cases on eBay that I can get like this one, would that work if I built my pedalboard around those dimensions? Thanks!

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 10 2013, 10:13 PM) *
My pedalboard seemed to be rather small one comparing to what I used to see but now it's still heavy and sometimes way to big...I will work on the samller version too for some small gigs.

I think if you have a few sizes for few different scale gigs, that's the best way. I'm going to build a smaller pedalboard, for about 4-5 pedals (which is all I have at the moment). Maybe further down the track I'll buy or make a bigger one, but for the time being I want to build one that is good for my current gear. smile.gif

QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Oct 10 2013, 11:53 PM) *
congrats on the new gear Taka, I love shopping for new guitar stuff, I bought a Gibson es 335 the other day and this thread is making me think that I should get a pedal board too smile.gif

Thanks Patrik, you'll have to let us know how to new guitar goes smile.gif I buy most of my music stuff on eBay now, a lot of music shops in Australia are expensive, and even this mixer I saved about $60 buying it on eBay smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 11 2013, 08:09 AM
Instructor
Hey mate - I think that the dimensions of that case look really offering. Tell me how do you plan on building it? As a side story, one of my good friends has built one for himself, but since he doesn't carry it around - he is mainly playing at home now - he made it with 2 levels smile.gif In that way, he never has to be careful not to press other unwanted switches when playing, but the pedal board resulted in being a little higher than usual.

9.5 cm doesn't allow such daring ideas, unfortunately..

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Oct 11 2013, 08:53 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 11 2013, 06:09 PM) *
Hey mate - I think that the dimensions of that case look really offering. Tell me how do you plan on building it? As a side story, one of my good friends has built one for himself, but since he doesn't carry it around - he is mainly playing at home now - he made it with 2 levels smile.gif In that way, he never has to be careful not to press other unwanted switches when playing, but the pedal board resulted in being a little higher than usual.

9.5 cm doesn't allow such daring ideas, unfortunately..

Ahh, I'm still going back and forth with designs, but once my power supply arrives, I will have everything, and then I can lay out my stuff and see what my dimensions are. It'll probably be a flat design, but I can only guess until I have my power supply smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 11 2013, 10:12 AM
Instructor
Hehe, keep us updated mate wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:23 AM