> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Beginner Solo in D, Lesson By Muris Varajic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

gl0ry
Sep 18 2014, 07:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
Original lesson: Beginner Solo in D by Muris Varajic

Here's my submission to Beginner Solo in D. I'm not particularly happy with the take, but I had the itch to post it because of some new video recording equipment! Thank you for the feedback.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 19 2014, 08:40 AM
Instructor
Hey buddy!

This take has a lot of potential and I think you are very close to nailing this lesson!

Now, what I'd like to point out:

- 0:25 please practice this lick on its own a bit more until it sounds clean and rhythmic
- 0:45 - the same aspect as above, as timing is a bit of an issue here
- 0:51 - that bend could be a bit more precise

As a general observation, I think you need to spend a bit more time with the lesson in order to make it sound natural and flowing, as at this point it sounds quite rigid. But as I said, it's simply a matter of time well spent practicing wink.gif

All the best and keep rocking!

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 19 2014, 10:17 AM
Instructor
Hi there, your take shows a lot of promise. I think you get a good tone and your playing is generally quite clean and accurate. There's one particular thing which may cause you a disadvantage:

You don't allow your fingers to reach out to other frets. Instead you tend to move your entire hand to reach notes that are only 2 or 3 frets away. So my main advice would be to start allowing your fingers to stretch and hit notes whilst keeping your hand where it is. There's no right or wrong way to do this.. just follow the slow videos of Muris's lesson and emulate his finger positions. You'll see that he, or any of us, will keep our fingers where they are and just use our 3rd or 4th fingers to hit the next note without moving our whole hand position.

I hope that makes sense ?

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Sep 19 2014, 10:17 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 19 2014, 02:29 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, this is a very promising take. I always say that this lesson is an excellent choice because it covers many techniques in the same solo at a beginners level, so it let's us see clearly which are the techniques that need more work.

There are many strong points on your take like for example your guitar tone. Beginners usually don't concentrate on tone and just the pass of time teach them the importance of sounding. You already know how to sound good so congrats about it. Your timing is good in general, excepting when you have to play some techniques that you are not very comfortable with. You have a good control of your pick, pinch harmonics and bending technique.

There are basically 3 things that I recommend you to work in order to take this lesson to the next level.

- Sweep Picking Technique: The Sweep Picking lick that appears at 00:43 needs to be polished. It is not clear and has some little timing issues. Here you have a good lesson to work on it: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...picking-lesson/

- Tapping: The same here, it is not clear and has some little timing issues. Check out this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Tappin...-16th-Triplets/

- Expression: As Cosmin said, your playing is a bit rigid and it's lacking some feeling and groove. This is normal when we have to think too much on each lick and each section but as soon as you start feeling more comfortable with the different parts put all your effort on giving your take more dynamics, a more consistent vibrato and groove.

I can say that your playing on this take is very promising and that you could take your guitar playing to a new level soon if you work on a well designed diary routine that covers all the stuff you need to achieve your musical goals. Please continue working hard and keep us updated! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 22 2014, 06:09 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 7.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:20 PM