Gold Guitar Hardware
shredmandan
Aug 12 2007, 09:32 AM
GMC:er
I just got done replacing alot of parts on my Fender Strat.It had gold hardware on it but in the ten years i have had it alot faded and some tarnished.I just bought a new neck plate,strap locks,pickguard screws and input jack along with some dome knobs all in gold.I dont like the look of the white classic knobs on strat's.It really improved the look of my guitar for under $30.00 US .I now have left over parts and was wondering if anybody had some good tipson cleaning gold hardware?I have heard that you can have then redipped but i would think it would cost more to do that than buy them new.Also i would like some tips on keeping my current hardware i just bought from fading and getting tarnished.I know there are some people that dont care what there guitar looks like and just throw it around and some that take really good care of it (like me smile.gif ) I just look at it like i didnt pay this much money for something to not keep it up.I didnt care and put sticker;s all over my guitar back in the day when i strated but i think when you get older of when you pay a good amount of money fo something you respect it more.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 02:29 AM