2 Pages V   1 2 >  
What Is Your Level Of Playing?
Lester
Dec 14 2007, 10:00 PM
Learning Roadie
So now that we have got the new lesson planner, this i a chance to tell everyone on which level lessons you play most and you can ofcourse keep us updated on your improvements....
Isn't that good news? biggrin.gif

you rate the lessons that you master, not the ones you have just started. ofcourse you can tell us if your close to a new level wink.gif

I guess I will go first, as i am the topic starter smile.gif
I mostly play level 5 lessons, Funk rhytm, alernate picking etude, muse style lesson.
allas,I could not find the minor pentatonic lesson. but it's not that difficult.
I am now close to mastering the funk soloing lesson, which is level 6.

So....Who's next??? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gerald
Dec 14 2007, 10:23 PM
GMC:er
My level would be -- noob. smile.gif

Although I played some 12 years ago I'm starting fresh from the ground up. I'm probably a level 2-4 player depending on the lesson including theory knowledge. The cool thing is I'm going to start taking guitar lessons starting tomorrow to help me along both in the theory and playing department. I think instructor lessons for a bit along with GMC will help move me to the intermediate levels of playing. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Lester
Dec 14 2007, 10:27 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm probably a level 2-4 player depending on the lesson including theory knowledge.

It does not involve any theoratical knowledge here, if that was the case I would be a level one player I think smile.gif
Theory is important though, but i'm just geting started with theory after meeting GMC biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 14 2007, 10:30 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm around 4-5 but I've been here for a while... and my speed is beginning to increase so I think I'm about to jump to around a 6 pretty soon here. Soon meaning in 2-3 months. In terms of rated lessons smile.gif

This post has been edited by JVM: Dec 15 2007, 10:46 PM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 15 2007, 05:54 PM
Lets go fishing!
Depends what day of the week it is laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

My Skills are too unleashed to be classified by number tongue.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Dec 15 2007, 08:11 PM
im about level 2 out of the 100

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Dec 15 2007, 08:13 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (kevin-riff-after-riff @ Dec 15 2007, 08:11 PM) *
im about level 2 out of the 100

Owned, i'm probably at lvl 4 of the 100 laugh.gif

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Dec 15 2007, 08:16 PM
level 6/10. i learn very advanced solos, but I can't write good music, or play good riffs. only solos. quite annoying acually tongue.gif

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
stratman33
Dec 15 2007, 09:28 PM
im probably a 5/10.i can play riffs very well, but i have trouble learning solos because i get so discouraged when i cant get it right away..just my personality i guess.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Dec 15 2007, 09:34 PM
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Dec 15 2007, 02:28 PM) *
im probably a 5/10.i can play riffs very well, but i have trouble learning solos because i get so discouraged when i cant get it right away..just my personality i guess.

Me too, probobly a 5/10. I don't learn very many solos...

But, also I'm not the best at improvising

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Dec 15 2007, 10:18 PM
oh yeah i think you get a bonus 35 levels if you can instantly name any note on the fretboard, and each new different tuning you learn, you get 5 more tongue.gif that excludes drop d or drop c... it has to change at least 3 strings
i think joe satriani is probably only person who can name any note insantly eh?

This post has been edited by kevin-riff-after-riff: Dec 15 2007, 10:18 PM

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 15 2007, 10:45 PM
Learning Roadie
Are we on the same scale?

You guys saying 4/5/6, are you saying you can play stuff like this, this and this at full tempo comfortably?

Cause I cant tongue.gif Except for the first one.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Lester
Dec 15 2007, 10:48 PM
Learning Roadie
You guys saying 4/5/6, are you saying you can play stuff like this, this and this at full tempo comfortably?

I think that everyone has his area off expertise i probably can't do all the level 5 lessons because i'm into soloing and am pretty bad at riffing or chords or something..

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 15 2007, 10:52 PM
Learning Roadie
I know, the ratings are pretty arbitrary. Especially when there's super fast stuff at shred level 2, but I guess I'm trying to rate myself as if I've pretty much mastered most of the stuff of that rating - rhythms, soloing etc, even if I can riff a little faster than I can speedpick.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nobody
Dec 15 2007, 11:46 PM
I think it's too complex. Regarding to the difficulty levels of the lessons I can learn without too much effort i'm a 7/10. I have learned much harder songs/solos just because they really touched me and I didn't want to do anything else but to play them until I play them up to tempo perfectly.
But that's not important.
I mean learning someone else's stuff is nothing(just depends on technique) if it doesn't upgrade my style of playing. Improvisation and writing songs are the important things.
Improvisation takes a very big part of my daily practice sessions. And I advice you guys to do so too. Improvising can help you explore your style of playing, your current mood and much more. And as the instructors say - try to incorporate the licks you learn in your playing. This way you will upgrade as a musician and you will get to understand and feel the things they and you are playing.
I have much to learn in both improvisation and song writing which makes me sure that i'm far far away from being a "7 out of 10" guitarist. But I'll eventually become one :] It's inevitable :]

Hristian

--------------------
ARM THE HOMELESS!!

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Batista
Dec 16 2007, 12:26 AM
Very true Nobody.

I'm not sure about which level I am. The beginner lessons are to easy, and most of the intermediate lessons are to hard when it comes to fast alternate picking runs and stuff, even though I'm on my way building up speed. I'll guess I'm gonna do the intermediate lessons since they are more challenging.

--------------------
Seven Deadly Sins, One Deadly Syn

Gear list:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White
Schecter Damien-6
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2

+Quote Post
Owen
Dec 16 2007, 12:55 AM
QUOTE (kevin-riff-after-riff @ Dec 15 2007, 01:18 PM) *
oh yeah i think you get a bonus 35 levels if you can instantly name any note on the fretboard, and each new different tuning you learn, you get 5 more tongue.gif that excludes drop d or drop c... it has to change at least 3 strings

Pardon my pedantry laugh.gif

But standard : EADGBE

Drop C : CGCFAD

I see a 3 string change there, in fact, I see a 6 string change laugh.gif

+ I must be level 39/40 then laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif cool.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 16 2007, 02:34 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I dont know exactly what scale we are using here, so im just gonna say the hardest lessons i know are Pavel's 5 string sweeps, and Marcus' Winding Roads, i spent the most time on those, and actually, my practice routine for sweeping has been the same since i joined GMC, Pavels 5 string sweep lesson.

For some reason, though the classical lessons are the hardest for me, i need to practice more fingerpicking, i kinda lack that skill sad.gif

+Quote Post
VinceG
Dec 16 2007, 02:40 AM
Well, I guess when it comes to rhythm, I'm pretty decent(6or 7/10). I kind of mastered tremolo picking, galloping, pinch harmonics and anything rhythm guitar related. Soloing is frustrated for me so I dedicated my time on mostly rhythm playing. I'm still trying to get better on combining all 3 in playing.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 16 2007, 03:01 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (VinceG @ Dec 15 2007, 05:40 PM) *
Well, I guess when it comes to rhythm, I'm pretty decent(6or 7/10). I kind of mastered tremolo picking, galloping, pinch harmonics and anything rhythm guitar related. Soloing is frustrated for me so I dedicated my time on mostly rhythm playing. I'm still trying to get better on combining all 3 in playing.

Like Andy LaRocque said....."Rhythm First, Lead Second. And your lead will be better, quicker"

Thats what i did, focused on solidifying my Rhythm first, then focused on lead, i think its the best way to go wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:15 AM