Telecaster Question?
graaf33
Jun 19 2008, 09:54 PM
GMC:er
hello everyone hoping you people can help me!!

i'm thinking about buying an fender telecaster, and my main concern is the neck.
i want the neck to be thin, well not ibanez thin but something in between an standard fender/gibson and
ibanez i think you know what i'm talking about.

i have now an washburn n2 and i like this guitar, so something like this would be great.

any suggestion on what i should look for any branding on the telecaster for this, if it comes with thin neck.

i have tried a couple i my nearest shop but, they are all fat necks. i like the sound

thanks for help you all!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 19 2008, 09:59 PM
If I am not totally mistaken, the fat neck is part of what makes a Telecaster sound like it does.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jun 19 2008, 10:07 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I don't know of the different shapes of a Telecaster neck, but the term your looking for is "modern C shape"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 19 2008, 11:04 PM
Instructor
MOdern C shape neck is as closest you will get with Tele's. I wouldn't worry too much about it, in a couple of months the neck's thickness won't bother you at all.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Jun 19 2008, 11:12 PM
I had one, It was a mex made tele. THe neck was not even close to what I would consider fat.
They are a very comefortable profile and thickness.

Teles sound like teles because fender winds the pickups with different gauge wire than a strat.

They used 42 gauge for everything except tele neck pick ups. Tele necks get 43 gauge wire. This is the majority of the sound difference.

This post has been edited by USAMAN: Jun 20 2008, 12:05 AM

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
JVM
Jun 20 2008, 12:03 AM
Learning Roadie
Yeah, you'll get used to the tele neck. It's one of the most comfortable necks around IMO. And if Danny Gatton's playing isn't fast enough for you, I don't know what is smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:26 PM