2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Another Orchestral Topic
Storm Linnebjerg
Sep 16 2013, 11:07 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Sep 15 2013, 01:58 PM) *
Compositionally I liked it and it rather reminded me of Lutoslowski meets Starvinsky (if you can imagine that).

Mix wise it's ok but there are a few things to think about. I think the actual balance of some of the instruments was a little odd and resulted in some being quite some way in the background, and vice versa where you'd normally expect them as more foreward in a morec onventional orchestra. I also felt that some parts needed more articulation and individual dynamics. It also felt that a few had a different reverb then others, which for me was a little strange.

Can't be sure though as this was streamed on a laptop and I wasn't paying close attention.

(FWIW the mastering setup isn't on the internet and so we don't play streamed and compressed audio on it.)

I'll have a look at it for sure at some point, but be sure to try playing it on a non-laptop. I know when I listened to it on my girlfriend's laptop that I was thinking: "Hey, this sounds all wrong now!". Obviously not saying the mix is great at all, but laptop listening never helps laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:21 AM