2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Is Rock Dead?
opeth.db
Oct 29 2008, 09:22 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Rock doesn't die. It evolves.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Oct 29 2008, 09:23 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
yeah i dont think its dead, but i have to agree that many people don't love rock, let alone good 70s and 80s rock.
but there is some people that i know that still have musical taste at least laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

+Quote Post
berko
Oct 29 2008, 09:26 PM
GMC:er
It depends on what we call rock today. Sometimes a lot of pop-bands or indie-stuff is referred to as rock. If we mean instrument-orientated (especially guitar) music with lead parts and a specific life-style, rock in Middle-Europe is dead. Some really extreme (and I mean EXTREME) bands are hanging around, but mainly electronic and hip-hop are in fashion. Other than that we have these very alternative bands that play scarcely any music at all - 2 chords/song, and some really abstract lyrics - that's basically underground btw.

However in England I guess there are some pretty awesome bands, and they don't have to play 70's rock at all. smile.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
rokchik
Oct 29 2008, 11:46 PM
The Dark Canuck
Like most things, music comes in phases... but even though rock may not be at the fore front of music today it certainly will never die. It's always their lingering in the background ready to pounce at a moments notice smile.gif Many bands from the 70's and 80's are still going strong and have been releasing new material and touring so I think peoples eyes are starting to open again and they are ready to rock out with the rest of us who never stopped. And with bands like Black Stone Cherry, Airbourne, The Parlor Mob, Buckcherry and many others ready to carry the torch, I think rock will be around for a long while. Like fkalich's link says "My My Hey hey. Rock and roll is here to stay" smile.gif

rok

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 30 2008, 12:34 AM
Instructor
Rock cannot be dead, it will live forever, it is a culture, not just music, it will find it's place in history, and influence future generations.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
FrankW
Oct 30 2008, 06:17 AM
As long as there continues to be a fascination with the electric guitar, there will always be "rock". How you define it is up to you. smile.gif

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Oct 30 2008, 10:30 AM
Is blues dead?
No way. As long as we play and listens to it it is alive.
IT'S ALIVE!

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Gus
Oct 30 2008, 08:48 PM
Rock is not dead. The success of the new albums from AC/DC and Metallica prove that.

But I do miss more good rock bands popping out. Of course there are lots and lots of bands being formed every day, but it seems the industry is not giving much space to rock (so rock is not dead, it has only been kept far from sight by the industry) .

I think that rock needs some kind of new massive movement, like the hard rock from the 70s, the pop rock and thrash metal from 80s or the grunge from the 90s. And with all due respect EMO style does not fill this role. We need something that gives space to lots of new rock bands . That movement should be lead by GMC of course tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Gus: Oct 30 2008, 08:49 PM

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Oct 30 2008, 09:18 PM
Instructor
It will never die, because we won't let it

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:40 AM