3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Got The Call And My Guitar Is In :), 8 days until I get my new baby!!!!!
rokchik
Sep 24 2008, 10:47 PM
The Dark Canuck
Well like the title says my new guitar is in smile.gif

Here is a bit of background for ya. I have a Les Paul, which I love, but since I started playing I've got it in my head that well you need more then one guitar smile.gif So I have been on the hunt for a new one for oh about a year. I've looked at Ibanez, almost bought one a few times but always talked myself out of it, Schecter, another Gibson, Fender you name it I've looked at it. But I could never find one that just made me say "that's it". then one day while flipping through Guitar World there it was, the second most beautiful guitar I ever saw. (Of course my LP was the first wink.gif ) I had my Wayne moment of "Oh yes it shall be mine". What was making me drool so you ask well THIS!!! Isn't it beautiful? Now I've never played it but to be honest I never played my LP before I bought it either and I LOVE that. I'm a firm believer in if I'm paying that much for a guitar, it's going to be good. I know many will not agree but I'm a ya get what ya pay for kinda gal.

I'm so excited. For those who don't know me so well, where I live there is NO, I repeat NO guitar stores. The closets one is a 2.5 hour plane ride away in St. John's, NL. Now they will ship stuff to me, but I have lucked out and am going to be in the city next Thursday for 4 days. (I'm going to see Elton John. Also exciting... it is just him and a piano smile.gif ) Since I knew this I had the guys order me one a little while ago. It took forever to get in, I thought it wasn't going arrive in time for my trip but they called today and it is there, and has my name on it smile.gif

Only 8 more days, which seems like an eternity atm, but I'll be sure to take loads and loads of pics when I get it. Did I mention that I was excited smile.gif

rok

Here is a closer look and in the color I ordered.
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 24 2008, 10:51 PM
Instructor
I just LOVE that tobacco sunburst vintage style cool.gif Beautiful! Congratulations smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Sep 24 2008, 10:51 PM
Learning Tone Master
Played the all black version a few weeks ago and I loved it! Tremonti found the perfect pickups for great cleans and thight Metal/Rock sounds. Although it's carved out for the springs because of the Tremolo it's still heavy as hell, like a custom Les Paul and it sounds just great with a cranked Marshall^^

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Sep 24 2008, 10:54 PM
Instructor
congrats rokchik..nice choice

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Sep 24 2008, 10:54 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
oooh beautiful! I bet your chomping at the bit to get hold of it, gratz on your purchase, good choice! look forward to some "Live" pics. smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 24 2008, 11:05 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Congrats Rok ! That guitar is just beautiful! I am sure it plays like a dream!! Can't wait for some pictures and everything smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Sep 24 2008, 11:17 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Sep 24 2008, 06:51 PM) *
Played the all black version a few weeks ago and I loved it! Tremonti found the perfect pickups for great cleans and thight Metal/Rock sounds. Although it's carved out for the springs because of the Tremolo it's still heavy as hell, like a custom Les Paul and it sounds just great with a cranked Marshall^^

Thanks everyone and yes I'm chomping at the bit... my jaw hurts actually wink.gif

Thanks for this Zakk as I've only really heard the sound bites on the PRS site, which sound fantastic, but it's nice to hear good things from someone who has actually played it and is not trying to sell it to me. As for the weight, I'm use to my LP standard so I'm not too worried but thanks for the heads up.

rok

+Quote Post
Pitch_Black
Sep 24 2008, 11:44 PM
GMC:er
That is beautiful! I'm glad I'm not the only Tremonti fan biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear:
Amps:
Vox AD50VT
Yamaha GA-10
Guitars:
Gibson SG
Hohner Acoustic
Effects:
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
Dunlop Crybaby 535q Wah Pedal
And a lot on my Vox

Long Live Rock And Roll!

+Quote Post
bsamn
Sep 25 2008, 12:45 AM
Congrats Rokchik

--------------------

+Quote Post
sidewas lightnin...
Sep 25 2008, 01:25 AM
I saw that article in Guitar World too! Add a floyd rose and that is your sideways lightning signature guitar. tongue.gif
Unfortunately, I am on a tight budget, so I cannot afford it, but I just realized how close my dream guitar is to that thing. I'm more partial to the flamed red than the sunburst, but that's a matter of personal preference I suppose.

--------------------
I spelled my username wrong...I didn't even think that was possible!

Look at the topic for my guitar...
Finished Guitar Build

Gear:
Homemade strat (You still need to look at its topic!)
Squier strat (probably going to get rid of it and get another guitar instead) :)
Line 6 spider amp (not actually used for anything, just acts as a speaker)
Digitech Gnx2 (kind of old, but cheap, and sounds amazing!)

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Sep 25 2008, 02:29 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Very nice! There is NOTHING like a new guitar!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
inertia
Sep 25 2008, 02:47 AM
Awesome, congrats!
My next guitar is between that and the custom 24, the tremolo option is great and the tremonti has great pickups

+Quote Post
Chief Brody
Sep 25 2008, 04:18 AM
This may just be my PRS bias coming through but reading the first part of your post i just KNEW that you were getting a PRS (maybe everyone with a PRS suddenly gains a psychic link blink.gif )

Congrats on the axe, i actually look at that one myself when i was on the market for a new guitar a little while back, went for a 2006 PRS Standard Singlecut instead but i must say i'm still a little jealous that you're gonna be playing that beauty!

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Sep 25 2008, 07:55 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Beautiful guitar Rok wub.gif

+Quote Post
Col Roberts
Sep 25 2008, 08:10 AM
Learning Roadie
Congrats Rok. That is one beautiful guitar. Enjoy.

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Sep 25 2008, 08:11 AM
Learning Roadie
oooooh.. Lovely.. Congratulations.. Show us some pictures when you get it in your hands.. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
wollace03
Sep 25 2008, 08:15 AM
wow!

you must be the luckiest man!!
i am dreaming of a pres tremonti for a while now... you have to tell me what it feels to play it and if its worth the money!!

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 25 2008, 08:51 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Congrats Rok - lovely looking guitar smile.gif .

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Sep 25 2008, 08:52 AM
Instructor
NICE!! Congrats Rok biggrin.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 25 2008, 01:44 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
That's an awesome guitar, reminds me so much of the LP Slash signature, I bet it will sound terrific Rok, lucky you!!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:21 PM