> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

18 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Mad's Mad Rhythm Corner
Cosmin Lupu
May 12 2012, 01:05 PM
Instructor
Hey mad! Ok, I'm here if you need me in the mean time biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mad
Jun 12 2012, 09:01 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Cos!

So I did some practicing with vibrato and recorded another take for your Metal Metrics4 Lesson:

Oh - my 1st string is missing in this recording.. just snapped while tuning the guitar to drop c mad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 13 2012, 03:56 PM
Instructor
Mad! Welcome back man smile.gif I was wondering what you have been up to biggrin.gif Mate the recording is very good - you have a very tight palm muting technique and tightness is yours to command! Now, the only thing you could do even better, would be the vibrato which could be wider smile.gif

So how's life man and what shall we do next? smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
mad
Jun 13 2012, 04:25 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Well, as always: family business and work biggrin.gif
Thank you for your feedback - I just watched your recording for this lesson and yes - if I have some time left today, I'll do another recording with a wider vibrato (I think you mean the ones played in the very first 20secs?). And what do you think about the tone: put in some more gain?

OK, what to do next... occasionally I meet with two other guys (drums and guitar) just to jam. We're trying to combine sludge and djent style, so maybe continuing with some odd time signature / djenty lessons would be great..
Maybe these:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Djent-Time-Signatures/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Katatonia-Style/

What do you think?

+Quote Post
mad
Jun 13 2012, 08:39 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Okay, here is another recording (audio only this time..) I tried to put some more energy into the vibrato..

http://soundcloud.com/mad-gmc/metal-metrics4

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 13 2012, 09:07 PM
Instructor
Whoa biggrin.gif hey maaan biggrin.gif I am honored that you chose these and I want to thank you for the nice words you posted smile.gif

We can get to them, now that you have the 7 string ready and I am sure you'll do a hell of a job!

Regarding the vobrato in the new recording - it can still be improved man! Check out how Zakk Wylde makes it sound - I was inspired by him for this riff!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
mad
Jun 13 2012, 10:15 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Ha - so I go for this lesson regarding my vibrato and bends workout tongue.gif
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Wild-Bends/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 14 2012, 07:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Jun 13 2012, 09:15 PM) *
Ha - so I go for this lesson regarding my vibrato and bends workout tongue.gif
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Wild-Bends/

Alright man! This one looks like it's gonna get you out of the comfort zone wink.gif <- more bending and vibrato biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Jun 25 2012, 03:41 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 14 2012, 06:43 AM) *
Alright man! This one looks like it's gonna get you out of the comfort zone wink.gif <- more bending and vibrato biggrin.gif

definately tongue.gif my fingers are burning..
I'm on your Djent time signatures lesson and have 'AP/tremolo picking'-section down at full speed, and the rest @ 90bpm. It seems that the backing track is only downloadable for 100bpm but not at full speed 135bpm?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 25 2012, 07:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Jun 25 2012, 02:41 PM) *
definately tongue.gif my fingers are burning..
I'm on your Djent time signatures lesson and have 'AP/tremolo picking'-section down at full speed, and the rest @ 90bpm. It seems that the backing track is only downloadable for 100bpm but not at full speed 135bpm?

Hmmmm, let me take a look...nope, it looks like the full speed track is downloadable smile.gif I'm dying to see what you did with this one man! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Jun 27 2012, 12:59 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Ah Ok - it was just confusing, because the GP-file is saying 135bpm and the backing 100bpm... and the backing is 13s longer than the main vid... but I just listened and compared to the main vid and it's at full speed - sorry biggrin.gif
So I'm at 110 bpm for that middle djenty part. My subscription just ran out, I can resubscribe in a few days and will ask Bogdan for the 75bpm backing to make a first recording of me playing this lesson.

I work on the Katatonia style lesson, too. For this I'll use my Zoom to switch between the three sound effects while playing... that's something I have to work on...

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 27 2012, 02:45 PM
Instructor
Howdy mate biggrin.gif great to hear - now, if you want to get a grip on switching effects while playing - I got a few suggestions:

- learn to tap your foot against the beat of the song - in that way, you will know on which beat the effect change occurs and just stomp on the switch at the right time wink.gif count and you can't go wrong!
- first change the actual tone (clean, crunch, riff, lead) and after that the effects - delay, reverb etc. - if you are using stomp boxes!

Looking forward to your takes man wink.gif if there are any questions - I am here to help smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
mad
Jun 27 2012, 02:57 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks for your suggestions, I'll try this!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 27 2012, 03:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Jun 27 2012, 01:57 PM) *
Thanks for your suggestions, I'll try this!

wink.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Jun 28 2012, 10:37 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Here is a 75bpm audio only recording..
I'm not very satisfied with the tone and i didn't change any effects... but just have a listen smile.gif

http://soundcloud.com/mad-gmc/djenttimesignatures75bpmtake1

Marc

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 28 2012, 01:13 PM
Instructor
Mate, you still have some issues on the rhythm after 01.18 - you are rushing a bit and it feels out of balance. Try to get a better grasp on connecting with the drum track and this can become a great take wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
mad
Jun 28 2012, 01:46 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Yes I'll work on that!
I still have issues to bring that lick up to speed - any suggestions?
I try to do another recording with video, maybe you can see...

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 28 2012, 01:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Jun 28 2012, 12:46 PM) *
Yes I'll work on that!
I still have issues to bring that lick up to speed - any suggestions?
I try to do another recording with video, maybe you can see...

Seeing would be of great help smile.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Jul 4 2012, 10:45 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hey Cos, small update on the Djent-Lesson: I isolated the riff with the timing and 'speeding up' - problem and recorded a video for you to analyze:

This post has been edited by mad: Jul 4 2012, 10:46 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 5 2012, 07:57 AM
Instructor
Hey there mate biggrin.gif timing is good, but I would like to see a little bit more definition from you wink.gif

I think it's a very good idea to isolate all riffs like this wink.gif what do you think? Let's go for it and I am certain you will get more from this lesson by doing so!

Cosmin

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:38 AM