> NAH this can't be...

... the opportunity of your lifetime to learn guitar? - It is, but only if you do one of the following:

* Send me a pm and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

-- Sinisa

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Summertime Audio Collaboration !
Sinisa Cekic
Jul 12 2011, 09:15 PM
Instructor
Well guys, my first audio collaboration !!!

I chose this song because it reminds me of warm summer evenings, somewhere along the lake, sea, ocean...
I would like to join me and play some fine and slow phrases, nothing spectacular technically, just relax and give me a couple of your lazy tones ..

Here's the backing:
Attached File  Summertime_67_bpm.mp3 ( 1.3MB ) Number of downloads: 423

The main key is Cmajor, so you can use C major scale,C major pentatonic or a parallel A minor/minor pentatonic,A blues scale !

Upload AUDIO takes here,
One with backing.
One with just your solo channel isolated.

Collab is open to everyone and anyone,of course smile.gif !

Deadline : 10th August !

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
K1R
Jul 12 2011, 09:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
Man, the backing is awesome! I'm definitely in smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by K1R: Jul 12 2011, 09:22 PM

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
WillJam
Jul 12 2011, 10:39 PM
GMC:er
nice man!
I will join the Collab!

Do you even want a video-file, or is it "just" a audio-collab ?

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jul 12 2011, 10:44 PM
Instructor
Audio only, for a start ! If it turned out well - why not !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 13 2011, 07:10 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Great backing, I'm in!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jul 16 2011, 06:40 PM
Instructor
Nice guys!

1. K1R
2. WillJam
3.Gitarrero
4. .. ?............

--------------------

+Quote Post
JamesT
Jul 19 2011, 02:24 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
I'm in Sinisa!
Great backing. I went ahead and recorded two takes. Both are very similar, but I used different tones for each. Use your favorite for the collab (both if you want.)...

Version A:
Attached File  20110718_SummertimeCollabA_nobt.mp3 ( 2.17MB ) Number of downloads: 258
Attached File  20110718_SummertimeCollabA_wbt.mp3 ( 2.17MB ) Number of downloads: 295

Version B:
Attached File  20110718_SummertimeCollabB_nobt.mp3 ( 2.17MB ) Number of downloads: 250
Attached File  20110718_SummertimeCollabB_wbt.mp3 ( 2.17MB ) Number of downloads: 272

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jul 21 2011, 02:04 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I can't hear the audio backing I'm afraid (waiting for a flight at Schipol Airport at the moment),
but I am all about summertime biggrin.gif
And I haven't recorded anything in ages, so it's about time I started recording again...

Sign me up, and I'll give it a go.
Hopefully I still got some rhythm in me biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
velci
Jul 21 2011, 01:19 PM
Learning Roadie
Great backing
I'm in!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jul 21 2011, 10:42 PM
Instructor
Superb guys ! I m still on Sicily and as soon as I get back gonna look all takes wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Piotr Kaczor
Jul 21 2011, 11:15 PM
Instructor
Fantastic theme! I'm in.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile

+Quote Post
JD_
Jul 22 2011, 12:54 AM
Learning Roadie
HI, I'd love to be a part of this, backing is so cruisy. How does this work, its my first time? Do I upload my take of the entire backing, and from there you cut it up and mix it with others?

Cheers

QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jul 12 2011, 08:15 PM) *
Well guys, my first audio collaboration !!!

I chose this song because it reminds me of warm summer evenings, somewhere along the lake, sea, ocean...
I would like to join me and play some fine and slow phrases, nothing spectacular technically, just relax and give me a couple of your lazy tones ..

Here's the backing:
Attached File  Summertime_67_bpm.mp3 ( 1.3MB ) Number of downloads: 423

The main key is Cmajor, so you can use C major scale,C major pentatonic or a parallel A minor/minor pentatonic,A blues scale !

Upload AUDIO takes here,
One with backing.
One with just your solo channel isolated.

Collab is open to everyone and anyone,of course smile.gif !

Deadline : 10th August !

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
JD_
Jul 22 2011, 03:06 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (JamesT @ Jul 19 2011, 01:24 AM) *
I'm in Sinisa!
Great backing. I went ahead and recorded two takes. Both are very similar, but I used different tones for each. Use your favorite for the collab (both if you want.)...

Hey mate, Im new at this, how did u record your take and how did u post it here? huh.gif

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jul 22 2011, 05:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Jul 22 2011, 01:54 AM) *
HI, I'd love to be a part of this, backing is so cruisy. How does this work, its my first time? Do I upload my take of the entire backing, and from there you cut it up and mix it with others?

Cheers

Ok mate,

yes, as you said, upload your shot along with backing! I need it for reference..
Second - can you upload only guitar track,without backing ?! Which software you use to record ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
JD_
Jul 22 2011, 06:09 PM
Learning Roadie
unsure.gif
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jul 22 2011, 04:37 PM) *
Ok mate,

yes, as you said, upload your shot along with backing! I need it for reference..
Second - can you upload only guitar track,without backing ?! Which software you use to record ?

I use Reaper through POD farm. This will be a challenge for me, I can play different styles but slow and soulful isn't really one of them. I will give it my best shot and upload my attempt.... haha

Cheers

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
JamesT
Jul 23 2011, 01:30 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Jul 21 2011, 07:06 PM) *
Hey mate, Im new at this, how did u record your take and how did u post it here? huh.gif

Yeah. The first couple of times doing a recording will be a challenge, but you can do it with Pod Farm and Reaper for sure.

1. Download backing track.
2. Create a new project in reaper and copy the backing into a reaper track.
3. Record your take. For this since you're using Pod farm, you are going to want to capture your raw (un amped/processed) guitar signal. I used to use Pod Farm a lot. I also used the Pod X3 to capture the audio. It can send the raw guitar signal over usb while you monitor through the pod. I'm not sure exactly how to monitor the Pod Farm processing while recording, but I'm sure it will be possible as I've heard others talk about doing just that.
4. Jam to the backing about 10000 times biggrin.gif until you've got something going that you think is pretty decent.
5. Record it about 100 times biggrin.gif .
6. Go back and listen to them all and keep the best one. You might find more than one that you like (not always even 1 tongue.gif )
7. Then of course comes the beauty of Pod Farm. You can re-amp to get the exact tone you want. Re-amp to taste, add effects, and do a final mix.
8. I use sonar, but I'll bet reaper is the same. After you get a mix that you're satisfied with export the whole mix out to a file. Then mute the backing and export again to a second file.

As for posting, when you do a new post, there is an "upload" button. You can browse to your two takes and upload them one at a time. That part is pretty straight forward once you figure out which buttons to click and which drop down lists to select. smile.gif

Good luck!

This post has been edited by JamesT: Jul 23 2011, 01:34 AM

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Maris
Jul 23 2011, 01:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Sinisa the backing is great! Count me in! This will be my first collaboration so I hope I can handle it. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jul 26 2011, 02:56 PM
Instructor
1. K1R
2. WillJam
3. Gitarrero
4. JamesT
5. Audiopall
6. Velci
7. Piotr
8.Jaxn4
9. Maris
10. ..........

This will be an outstanding collab,thanks guys smile.gif !!

QUOTE (JamesT @ Jul 19 2011, 03:24 AM) *
I'm in Sinisa!

Perhaps the first version, James! The lines are more melodic and somehow you were relaxed, the tone is slightly darker, calm and better for my taste, but it's just my opinion ! We'll see at the end, thanks !

This post has been edited by Sinisa Cekic: Jul 26 2011, 02:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maris
Aug 1 2011, 02:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi there guys!!! This is my take for this audio collaboration (my first collaboration):
Attached File  Summer_Collaboration_Sinisa_no_backing.wav ( 14.64MB ) Number of downloads: 235

Attached File  Summer_Collaboration_Sinisa.wav ( 14.82MB ) Number of downloads: 262

And i also recorded the solo with my camera and posted on youtube:

Hope you enjoy it!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 3 2011, 06:30 PM
Instructor
Great take Maris ,thanks wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:29 AM