Gmc Search Teaser, A sneak peak of things to come
Henrik Skotth
Aug 16 2007, 12:30 AM
GMC Tech & Community Manager
As you might know, we are currently working on adding a search function to the site! This is a much needed addition, and despite the problems last weekend, we still hope to be able to finish it in a few days!

The attached image is a teaser, just for you! wink.gif

As usual, it's not the final product, there is stuff missing and so on...

Enjoy:

Attached Image

As you can see, what I searched for was "easy rock lesson", and the results are quite good - don't you think? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Tech manager @ GMC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 18)
Owen
Aug 16 2007, 12:34 AM
GMC:er
Woah! Nice/Fancy *insert impressed adjectives here*. tongue.gif

Looking forward to it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 16 2007, 12:35 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
That looks Sexy Henrik!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 16 2007, 12:40 AM
Instructor
Yeah this is AWESOME! Great job Henrik! Can't wait to see this up and running!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Aug 16 2007, 12:45 AM
Instructor
Thumbs up Henrik!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Nick325
Aug 16 2007, 12:50 AM
nice

+Quote Post
Ben Howell
Aug 16 2007, 12:51 AM
Jazz/Fusion Instructor
Yet more useful things!

this website's like Einstein-Full of idea's biggrin.gif

-Ben

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 16 2007, 12:56 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Henrik Skotth @ Aug 15 2007, 07:30 PM) *
As you can see, what I searched for was "easy rock lesson", and the results are quite good - don't you think? smile.gif

Cool - is that a floating DHTML window?

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Aug 16 2007, 01:01 AM
Looks Great/Awesome/Promising/Nice/Slick/Sexy !! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by ezravdb: Aug 16 2007, 01:02 AM

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
Travelin' Man
Aug 16 2007, 01:01 AM
Henrik, the site is looking great and your work and dedication is worthy of the nth degree. I dont want to sound like a trouble maker here, but, and I guess you knew that was coming, I was hoping on making it even more simpler.
For example, I personally am a relative beginner, and Gabe's music better suits me right now. Have you given any thought to the idea of compiling the Instructors lessons together instead of having categories?

(e.g.) Gabriel's Lessons
Marcus' Lessons
Kris' Lessons

etc etc...rather than having to "search" for a lesson in particular, I would be able to go right to the instructor of my liking.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 16 2007, 01:08 AM
Instructor
I think Search will also work fine if you type in "Gabriel" - i am sure it will give you all Gab's lessons as a result!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

+Quote Post
Travelin' Man
Aug 16 2007, 01:11 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Aug 15 2007, 08:08 PM) *
I think Search will also work fine if you type in "Gabriel" - i am sure it will give you all Gab's lessons as a result!

That'll work for me than Pav..thnx

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Aug 16 2007, 03:42 AM
AWESOME job Henrik!!! its looking great! Cant wait for it! biggrin.gif smile.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Henrik Skotth
Aug 16 2007, 04:06 AM
QUOTE (Travelin' Man @ Aug 16 2007, 02:01 AM) *
Henrik, the site is looking great and your work and dedication is worthy of the nth degree. I dont want to sound like a trouble maker here, but, and I guess you knew that was coming, I was hoping on making it even more simpler.
For example, I personally am a relative beginner, and Gabe's music better suits me right now. Have you given any thought to the idea of compiling the Instructors lessons together instead of having categories?

(e.g.) Gabriel's Lessons
Marcus' Lessons
Kris' Lessons

etc etc...rather than having to "search" for a lesson in particular, I would be able to go right to the instructor of my liking.

I'm ready for anything! cool.gif

Actually, this will be possible in several ways, eventually:
  • Av Pavel said, you can type Gabriel in the search box, and you'll find his lessons.
  • A bit further ahead, a week or two maybe, there will be another way of filtering and sorting the lessons which will allow for choosing teachers, lesson types, techniques and much more!
  • Sometime after that, there will also be special instructor pages with introductionary texts and videos, and collections of all their lessons.

Keep up with the suggestions! smile.gif

--------------------
Tech manager @ GMC

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 16 2007, 04:06 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 15 2007, 05:56 PM) *

I was going to ask the same thing tongue.gif

Looks great!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
rokchik
Aug 16 2007, 08:19 AM
The Dark Canuck
This site just keeps getting better and better....Henrik it looks awesome. Can't wait for it to be up and running.

+Quote Post
Henrik Skotth
Aug 18 2007, 07:24 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Aug 16 2007, 01:56 AM) *

It was an iframe, but now it's a floating DHTML-ish window, with content loaded using ajax cool.gif

There might be more screenshots coming up today or tomorrow, stay tuned!

--------------------
Tech manager @ GMC

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 18 2007, 09:16 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Henrik Skotth @ Aug 18 2007, 02:24 PM) *
It was an iframe, but now it's a floating DHTML-ish window, with content loaded using ajax cool.gif

There might be more screenshots coming up today or tomorrow, stay tuned!

Yay AJAX smile.gif Very cool Henrik !

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
timono
Aug 20 2007, 12:32 AM
can't wait for it to be here

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550 EGK Presige, Essex wannabe Gibson guitar (don't know the full name), Alhambra acoustic guitar

Amps: Marshall MG 50DFX, Evans sound creator (50 watt), Orange crush 10

Effect pedals: Korg AX1500G

record stuff: Line 6 toneport UX1

Piano: Yamaha P-85

Wishlist:

Ibanez Jem 7V!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:21 PM