> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Pourliver's Guitar Race
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 2 2012, 10:32 AM
Instructor
Alright mate! Well, record without the delay and add it afterwards in the DAW you are working with wink.gif

I'll be here waiting wink.gif

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jul 9 2012, 03:01 AM
GMC:er
Hi Cosmin ! smile.gif

This is my second take for you lesson : The Voice Of Your Guitar. The result isn't perfect, but when I press the record button, my fingers goes crazy and mess up. I think it's better than the first one, but I still make the same error. By the way, all of the delay effects in REAPER sounded really bad, so I played without it rolleyes.gif

http://soundcloud.com/pourliver/the-voice-of-your-guitar-take

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 9 2012, 12:51 PM
Instructor
Hey man! This is not bad, but still I can feel you are shaky smile.gif

My advice to you is to record a lot of times, all the time, until the pressure of recording will not be there anymore. It's like an exercise and the more you are getting used to it, the better you get at recording the best take out there wink.gif

The fact that you haven't used any delay, can be a very good initiative, due to the fact that your nuances will be more pretentious, thus allowing you to become more and more skilled at approximating note lengths and dynamics, in such a way that you will be able to replace the delay with ...your hands only wink.gif

Try this: Record let's say 15 takes, totally forgetting about the record button being pushed. Keep the best one. Do this for about 4 days in a row and at the end, pick the best one out and post it here biggrin.gif Remember to always listen to yourself, ok?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jul 9 2012, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the advice !

It's sounds like a really good idea, I'll do this for sure, I hope that my next take will be almost perfect tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 10 2012, 02:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Pourliver @ Jul 9 2012, 06:11 PM) *
Thanks for the advice !

It's sounds like a really good idea, I'll do this for sure, I hope that my next take will be almost perfect tongue.gif

Aye! Glad to know you like it smile.gif I am sure the take will improve greatly mate!

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jul 13 2012, 10:06 PM
Here are 2 of my best takes, recorded yesterday.

http://soundcloud.com/pourliver/sets/the-voice-of-your-guitar-take

I think it's getting better every time I record it, but the only thing that I find hard now, is to keep the sound of the E note on the fourth string.

What do you think ?

By the way, I've just listened to your Metal Metric lesson, they are really awesome, the 4th lesson sound really nice tongue.gif I should try that tuning soon wink.gif

EDIT : You will have to click on the link, or you won't be able to listen to both of them ( take 3 and 4 ) smile.gif

This post has been edited by Pourliver: Jul 13 2012, 10:07 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 14 2012, 08:27 AM
Instructor
Good morning sir!

Yes, indeed take 4 is the best wink.gif I focused on your sustain and the bending at the beginning of each phrase wink.gif

That bend is a bit tricky - it's done a little faster because the notes are not of equal length there and about the vibrato - in take 4, you have allowed the last note of the first phrase to breathe and then you vibrated - that's very good! In this sort of context it's very nice to do it this way biggrin.gif

Let's go further up the hill wink.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jul 14 2012, 06:19 PM
Hi man !

By watching your lesson, I've saw that you were not bending the last note of the first phrase immediately, so I though I could do the same. biggrin.gif

I'm ready to rock, what are we working next, ô C-Maestro ? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 15 2012, 08:36 AM
Instructor
Well, we should first get this one flowing and then move to something else wink.gif When I said futher up the hill, I was thinking about perfecting this one, by having in mind what I observed in you last takes biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jul 15 2012, 08:39 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 15 2012, 07:36 AM) *
Well, we should first get this one flowing and then move to something else wink.gif When I said futher up the hill, I was thinking about perfecting this one, by having in mind what I observed in you last takes biggrin.gif

Hahahaha laugh.gif I misunderstood what you said, sorry about that smile.gif

I'll record a new take later on today ( 3:38 am here ), it's getting easier every time I'm playing it, so it wont be that hard I think biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 15 2012, 09:25 AM
Instructor
That's the spirit! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jul 26 2012, 10:51 PM
This is my fifth take for your lesson wink.gif

http://soundcloud.com/pourliver/the-voice-of-your-guitar-2

So, I think there is an improvement, but there is still missing something, I don't know what tho laugh.gif. What do you think ? smile.gif

EDIT: The link is called the voice of you guitar 2, but it's the 5 smile.gif

This post has been edited by Pourliver: Jul 26 2012, 10:52 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 27 2012, 07:46 AM
Instructor
Hey man! Sounds pretty good to me smile.gif

Let's hear it in the context now and then move on to the second part biggrin.gif We should explore more lessons right? wink.gif But first, let's get this one down for good!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jul 30 2012, 04:51 AM
Hi Cosmin! smile.gif

Bends, bends, and more bends ! I have a hard time with those right now, sometimes I bend too high, it will take me a bit of time smile.gif

Yesterday I discovered something, it's really strange to explain tho. It was like if my picking hand was exactly following my left hand. Everything was really easy, I wasn't even thinking about picking, everything followed. Am I supposed to always play like that ? I don't know if you understand what I'm actually talking about, but is there a way to always play like this ? ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 30 2012, 08:36 AM
Instructor
Hey man smile.gif Take your time with the bends wink.gif I am not going anywhere and I want you to get as close to perfection as possible wink.gif

Well, there are days and days smile.gif I know exactly what you are talking about - you need to be very relaxed before starting to play and this state will transmit itself to your whole body.

Another idea, would be to think about what you did exactly before starting to play and try to get into that state of mind each time wink.gif There will be bad days too, though, when you will feel like you can't hit two right notes. Put the guitar down and go do something else in that moment. Come back later and try again, but in any case, do not play in that state of mind, because you will only accumulate frustration!

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jul 15 2013, 09:11 PM
Hi Cosmin ! biggrin.gif

First of all, sorry if I never replied to your post... I really feel bad about it, but in the end, I'm the one who failed here ^^'. Last year, while practicing your lesson and a bunch of other stuff, I can remember having an enormous lack of motivation. I stopped playing and practicing guitar for a while, just to "take a break" and come back stronger, but it didn't work as intended ^^' I continued to play guitar in December / January, but I just picked up the guitar for fun, without practicing on my techniques. sad.gif

Recently I've been trying to learn theory by myself, didn't know where to start, and it never really worked. I've been trying to learn too many things at the same time, and that was not the right thing for me...

Now I'm back, but my GMC membership has ended sad.gif Do you think we can still work on something even without it ? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 16 2013, 08:01 AM
Instructor
Hey buddy, welcome back smile.gif

As long as you have access to the forum, we can work on theory together wink.gif It is no problemmo whatsoever - if you are ok with it and if you are ready to commit to practicing constantly, we can start at any given moment smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jul 16 2013, 10:32 AM
I'm ready ! What do we start with ? biggrin.gif

Going to sleep tho, see ya later wink.gif ( Why does all musical inspiration comes now... )

This post has been edited by Pourliver: Jul 16 2013, 10:33 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 17 2013, 08:36 AM
Instructor
Hey buddy - you must be awake, by now, right? smile.gif

Please tell me, what sort of theoretical knowledge have you amassed so far?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Pourliver
Jul 17 2013, 08:49 AM
Well, usually I'm not awake, since its 3:40 AM now, I can't sleep these day, with the insane temperature.. smile.gif

Right now, I know the A pentatonic minor scale, the A harmonic Minor, and I used a lot of D Phrygian Dominant ( I don't know what Phrygian dominant mean tho ) ... I know how the major scale is made ( W W H W W W H ), the theory behind power chord, well I can't think about other stuff right now ohmy.gif

I know the pentatonic minor scales, and Harmonic minor, but I don't know how / when they are used... Lets say that I'm really weak in theory ! smile.gif

By the way, I don't even know what Phrygian mean, I just know a part of the scale smile.gif

You should listen to the band "Revocation", it really does sounds cool, metal band with some jazzy stuff, its really unique ! Try listening to "Across Forest and Fjord", its an instrumental, but its really great. I found that band yesterday, I'm addicted now smile.gif

This post has been edited by Pourliver: Jul 17 2013, 09:01 AM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:47 PM