> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Bascuthach's Scales
Bas Cuthach
Jun 2 2012, 04:39 AM
GMC:er
lets start with what I know, basic open chords, power chords, the major scale Ionian and Dorian, E Harmonic Minor Ionian and Dorian

here is a video I made a while back
Im playing random stuff, no clue just stuff I created, no theory behind it

Alex is helping me with theory, Bascuthach Guitar Mentoring

this is the basics of what I know of other people, also made some time back, really have not learned any ones stuff since

So this next one I just made, this is a new guitar a friend gave me like 2 days ago and it has new strings thicker gauge that im not use to, I have no sound effects just distortion from my little desk amp, Im using the cam mic and I have a drum beat playing

I just wrote this, ok took me 1 1/2 hours, started it after the last video

What is your take on all this?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bas Cuthach: Jun 2 2012, 04:43 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 3 2012, 11:29 AM
Instructor
Hey Bas! I have watched your vids and took a crash ride through what you have been doing with Alex. Mate, you have a lot in your backpack already wink.gif what you need now is a bit of discipline in your studies if you were to ask me.

What I would suggest, seeing what you are doing with Alex is to try and work on ear training and building a relationship between chords and melodies together. This will lead to a better grasp on the concepts you need to write your own songs.

You told me you were starting to deal with the C major scale smile.gif let's try the following things:

1) localize all the C notes on the neck
2) play the C major scale using 3 notes per string and 2 notes per string starting from all the C notes you found at point 1
3) play and sing the C major scale in the same time following the directions at point 2
4) just sing the C major scale following the directions at point 2, while focusing on maintaining a correct pitch

After doing this for some time, the C major scale will be impregnated in your mind.

I got more tricks for you but first let's deal with this one wink.gif

Cosmin

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Jun 6 2012, 06:14 PM
these are the C notes that I know with out thinking really,

I can do 3 notes per string, you loose me at 2,

is there a paid lesson on ear training?
and also relationship between chords and melodies?

also I was singing and harmonizing doe ray me fa so la ti doe playing this

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 7 2012, 11:08 AM
Instructor
It's a great thing you can harmonize man! It really helps smile.gif for ear training I TOTALLY recommend David Lucas Burge's Relative Pitch course. It'll work wonders.

As for the 2 notes per string, it's just a matter of rearranging some positions - not all the pattern will have 2 notes per string, but some sections will be like this - check out the example below:

---------------------------------------------------------7--8--10--8--7----------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------8--10--------------------10---8----------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------7--9--10--------------------------------------10---9---7-----------------------------------
---------------------------7---9--10--------------------------------------------------------------10--9---7--------------------
-------------7--8---10-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------10--8--7---------------
-----8---10----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------10---8---7---

this is a C major scale pattern played using 16th notes smile.gif try it and see that the 2 notes appearing on the B string will feel a bit strange at first tongue.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Jun 10 2012, 03:21 AM
The 2 main shapes I play are

and

and also I took a look at that eat training thing, sounds good but I dont have that kinda money wink.gif

This post has been edited by Bas Cuthach: Jun 10 2012, 03:23 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 10 2012, 10:49 PM
Instructor
Hey Bas! These two are good smile.gif After gaining confidence with them, I would go for adapting them to starting on a C note found in a different place on the neck.

As for David's Ear training course, I can give you some hints into what to start with and I'll help out along the way wink.gif

For starters:

1) Pick an interval of your choice - let's say the perfect 5th
2) Consider C as the tonic and play G - its 5th
3) Play C and then sing G over C
4) Observe and remember the sound
5) Play G and then C
6) Play G and then sing C
7) Observe and remember the sound
8) Repeat the procedure, seeing G as a tonic - that means using D as Gs perfect 5th.
9) Repeat the procedure for all the other remaining notes

This will help you incredibly with your ear training man!

Try it for all interval types!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Jul 26 2012, 08:15 PM
OK here is somethings that I just made, I have been working on little's at a time

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Jul 26 2012, 11:02 PM
http://www.musictheory.net/lessons I have been working on this and is about half way through "introduction to chords"

Here is 2 more videos

This post has been edited by Bas Cuthach: Jul 26 2012, 11:05 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 27 2012, 08:01 AM
Instructor
Hey Bas!

You sure are a mean music machine, dude biggrin.gif You can play all those instruments! I liked the bass and electro-acoustic ideas the most, as they had potential for becoming songs!

I will take a look over the musictheory.net site - had no idea about it, so thanks for mentioning it smile.gif

Tell me man, what are you planning to do with these ideas?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Aug 2 2012, 11:51 PM
4 1/2 hours and this is what I came up with, tell me what you think

http://soundcloud.com/bascuthach/creations-1

This post has been edited by Bas Cuthach: Aug 3 2012, 12:23 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 3 2012, 07:47 AM
Instructor
Hey Bas!

The overall direction is good mate! Here's what I think you can improve:

- the lead parts are a bit exercise sounding - don't just wander aimlessly through the scale patterns - try to find melodies having a direction and sense wink.gif What I.m trying to say here is that you need to become a bit more melodic in your lead approach

- I think it would be a great idea to start implementing the drums!

What say you?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Aug 3 2012, 02:40 PM
I had put the drums in, I uploaded the wrong one, I agree on the lead, I kept this one in a state where I can fix it and work on it, the bass came in a little hot and there is a part where the distortion is to high and needs some mids, overall, sounds good

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 4 2012, 04:09 PM
Instructor
Ok Bas! Well then, let's see the upgraded version, eh?

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Dec 16 2012, 07:01 AM
finding the melodies is where Im having a bit trouble and switching between verse and chores and the bridge, I have gotten good with the E minor scale and the minor pentatonic, I will try to get you a video showing what Im working on and maybe you can give me some short exercises to help me find melodies smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 17 2012, 08:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Dec 16 2012, 06:01 AM) *
finding the melodies is where Im having a bit trouble and switching between verse and chores and the bridge, I have gotten good with the E minor scale and the minor pentatonic, I will try to get you a video showing what Im working on and maybe you can give me some short exercises to help me find melodies smile.gif

Hello Bas! Sure thing man, shoot it my way smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Dec 19 2012, 08:36 PM
so I need to turn down the backing or turn up my guitar, this is to show that Im working on harmonizing and telling a story with the guitar,

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 20 2012, 12:40 PM
Instructor
Hey Bas! I listened and I think you have a lot of neat ideas but if you want to tell a story, you need a structure, right?

What is the structure of the tune in the video? Can you make a parallel between this structure and the structure of a story? Please tell me how a story is usually structured - in your vision and we can draw conclusions from this smile.gif

It may sound a bit philosophical, but I am trying to open up some doors here biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Dec 21 2012, 03:41 AM
you have to opening or the starting, might start out slow, might jump right into the story, maybe give a middle type feel and then jump to a slow and start building up to the good part, and then mellow out a little and then start bringing back the insane and then giving a smashing ending with a crash and a bang or maybe let the listener off easy with a mellow ending , any suggested lessons or skill building mini licks?
the more I learn and work on structure the more ideas I have, I have the blue print and the tools I just need to learn how to use them, opening/verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/verse/chorus/ending something like that

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 21 2012, 04:30 PM
Instructor
Good call mate smile.gif

I've noticed that you have picked up the 'Voice of your guitar' lesson - I think that if you nail this one good, you can see a lot of resemblances to what you have thought about - the introduction, the action, a mellower part and action again smile.gif This could make a good story AND there's also an important thing involved - repetition biggrin.gif Finding a repetitive theme smile.gif Here's what I have in mind - try to learn the voice of your guitar lesson, exactly as it is recorded and after doing that, try to follow this structure and come up with a tune resembling it smile.gif

Do we have a deal sir?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Dec 24 2012, 06:44 AM
dry.gif do what... huh.gif blink.gif First I must master the sound and master the timing and I don't like bends making this not really my style... sad.gif I can try to get the sound as close as I can and I can practice it and get better timing down biggrin.gif wink.gif I can even try to write something using the same Idea cool.gif can I use the backing to write to? and also can you suggest some other lessons for me to check out? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:02 AM