Metallica Happened!
Sinisa Cekic
Oct 30 2011, 12:03 AM
Instructor
Indian fans are demolished hall, several were injured, and the organizers were arrested.
Metallica was first supposed to perform in India, in Guragon, but the concert was canceled just a few minutes before the start due to the inability of organizers to guarantee the security of some set of ramps. When the speaker loud voice heard notice of daylight concert, 25,000 fans, some of which are moved hundreds of miles to hear their idols, made ​​a general mess. Hall was demolished, burned the flags with the logo of the band, and smashed instruments that have already been set for James Hatfield and crew.Several fans were injured and hospitalized, and the organizers were arrested for fraud, and selling more tickets than what the space can accommodate. ( MONDO)

And how much responsibility carries great popularity ?!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 30 2011, 12:29 AM
Instructor
Yeah, this is organizer fault, it's too bad to see that the fans were injured. Big concerts require quite an organizational effort and security, since it's important to keep the mass under control. One small spark, and it can all turn into rampage.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 30 2011, 01:19 AM
Instructor
It's sad that this can happen to a band of the status of Metallica. I think that they took the correct decision.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 30 2011, 10:15 AM
Instructor
Oh man, that's such a shame. Although I don't agree with rioting and wrecking things, I feel really sorry for the fans.. well, I feel sorry for most of the people involved.

I wonder if this is the first time Metallica have played (well, almost played) India and the particular organisers have never dealt with such a big band ? It was a trial by fire for the organisers/venue and unfortunately they couldn't quite handle the requirements involved. This is just a guess.

As we all saw on Maiden's flight 666 documentary, even they were worried about the quality and safety of the stage that they were playing on in Mumbai.. but it went ahead and all was ok.

Generally, India's not a rich country (please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't want to generalise in ignorance) so it must be difficult for Indian events organisers to secure these big concert deals.

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Oct 30 2011, 11:32 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
I don't think India is that poor (anymore) from what I have heard. Given the fact that the concert should have been somewhat connected to the Formula 1 GP that is just taking place in India I really don't think money is an issue in India when it comes to such big shows. And let's face it (correct me if I am wrong guys), many south american countries aren't richer than India and they manage to handle big shows. So I blame the organizers. I also heard the concert should be postponed to today...if this is the case I wonder why they didn't tell the fans in the first place? Could have calmed them down in the first place.

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Oct 30 2011, 11:32 AM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
maharzan
Oct 30 2011, 11:53 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Bryan Adams came to Nepal few months ago. It was the first BIG concert here in kathmandu and it was very very successful. The organizers are to be blamed.

Its not about poor country. Its about organizing capability. We are a really poor country too. smile.gif

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 30 2011, 12:34 PM
Instructor
Yeah, I think you guys are right.. I've been reading more about it and it looks like the organisers were just very dodgy. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:59 AM