M-audio Pro Tools
Zephyr
Nov 14 2007, 10:29 AM
GMC:er
I think that it would be a good idea to have some form of lessons on Pro Tools. I have this program, and have yet to get it to work... I don't really need it yet, but plan on using it sometime in the future. Anyways, to me, at least, this is an insanely complicated program, and the few times I've tried to get it to work, I almost wind up going to the local cutlery store, buying the largest knife possible, and going Psycho on my computer... but so far, I've refrained from this. biggrin.gif

Anyways, I would love it if someone who has experience with this could throw together some lessons! Just a suggestion, though, I know it would be a lot of work... Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 14 2007, 11:54 AM
Instructor
I thought it DigiDesign Pro Tools blink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Nov 14 2007, 12:00 PM
QUOTE (Muris @ Nov 14 2007, 02:54 AM) *
I thought it DigiDesign Pro Tools blink.gif

Yep, it's made by Digidesign, but it's called M-Audio Pro Tools... not sure why... maybe they made it together? Or maybe M-Audio is part of Digidesign... dry.gif I don't know...

Anyways, I myself have Pro Tools 7.1 and the M-Audio Firewire Solo interface thingie... blink.gif If that's useful information to anyone...

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 14 2007, 12:12 PM
Instructor
Ahh I get it.
I think it's piece of software ProTools that comes with some M-Audio cards. smile.gif
Haven't tried it before my myself,just used to record through it in several studios,that's all. sad.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 14 2007, 07:17 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
I think M-Audio bought Digi last year hence the branding.

Sorry I can't do lessons in Pro Tools Zephyr - I've no hands on experience worth talking about. Messed about with it briefly but not much else. What I've seen of it though does convince me that it is a great sequencer though. Jeff is in the process of getting a Pro Tools rig as well btw.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 14 2007, 07:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Nov 14 2007, 07:17 PM) *

They did??
Strange indeed,I've always thought Digi as a lot bigger than M-Audio...

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 14 2007, 08:41 PM
They were Muris but M Audio were bouth by Avid about 2 years ago and Avid are massive . So it's really a case of Avid absorbing and combining M Audio and Digi in to one business unit. Avid also have Sibelius and Pinnacle and a couple of others.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Jeff
Nov 16 2007, 04:35 AM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Nov 14 2007, 01:17 PM) *

Sorry I can't do lessons in Pro Tools Zephyr - I've no hands on experience worth talking about. Messed about with it briefly but not much else. What I've seen of it though does convince me that it is a great sequencer though. Jeff is in the process of getting a Pro Tools rig as well btw.

Cheers,
Tony
Yes, Tony! funny you should mention this because I have anxiously been tracking the delivery of my equipment through Fedex.com like a mad man. Delivery scheduled for today!!! biggrin.gif Cant wait!!!

I ordered some DVD instructional vids because as I understand it, there is a larger learning curve with Pro-tools but they do have some things on Digidesign.com that I have been looking at to get started. I'm excited about the bundled software that comes with it because it has Melodyne. I was looking at Melodyne on their website and it looks really cool. So here I am like a kid in a candy store today. I can't wait to get home and stalk the streets for my Fedex van!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Incidentally, I am getting Pro-tools LE 7.4 so when I get this thing up and running I can post my progress and let you know how it is working for me.

-Jeff

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 16 2007, 04:44 AM
Instructor
My congrats Jeff and looking forward for your impressions!!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 16 2007, 07:21 AM
Jeff,
and sorry Zephyr for going OT on your thread forgive me please smile.gif .

Melodyne is awesome - shout if you want any help - I'm still stumbling my way through it but it's a great piece of software. If you have the right version download the vst/rts version off celemony as well (may depend on which version you have though) - sometimes that integrates better then the stand alone or melodyne bridge, sometimes the other way round. You sort of have to work around melodyne at times but it's worth it.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 16 2007, 07:31 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Nov 16 2007, 01:21 AM) *
Jeff,
and sorry Zephyr for going OT on your thread forgive me please smile.gif .

Melodyne is awesome - shout if you want any help - I'm still stumbling my way through it but it's a great piece of software. If you have the right version download the vst/rts version off celemony as well (may depend on which version you have though) - sometimes that integrates better then the stand alone or melodyne bridge, sometimes the other way round. You sort of have to work around melodyne at times but it's worth it.

Cheers,
Tony

+1 - great software, I use it for building vocal harmonies sometimes.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 25 2007, 01:29 AM
Instructor
Protools is great but it has its own plugins and everything has to be bought expecially for that DAW platform. I use mainly CUbase , found great video tutorials and had luck to leran it in a matter of weeks. All of it smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 25 2007, 02:33 AM
Not entirely Ivan - with Pro Tools you can use a wrapper to then use Cubase format vsts, same is true for Logic.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------

+Quote Post
ballistic31
Nov 25 2007, 05:23 AM
well i put about 100 hours or so behind pro tools.........the key is your setup.....you cant just flip it on and wam start laying down tracks.........have to get the drivers and line in and out.......configed first .....then start your midi maps.............this will get any hosts or other midi platforms......to work in harmony........and any outside processors you might have.................be prepared........to learn about word clock..........most sound cards offer a sync setting .....................but its a far cry from.....a true in sync word clock system........... pro tools is a great system with a lil money invested in effects bundels...

I am more of a cakewalk person but also realy like abelton live as well nice and easy to use....

but imo every system is going to lead to a few hair ripping out moments...............just be patient....after all its only a mach with a child like sence of humor...........just doing what you told it to do laugh.gif

--------------------
[size=3][b]

+Quote Post
Jeff
Nov 26 2007, 04:54 PM
I've got my new Pro tools system in and it's been great so far. smile.gif I'm still learning, but in no time at all I'm up and running. No issues. Need to keep in mind though that I bought a preconfigured and installed system (with a new PC) because I didn't want to deal with the issues of setting it all up myself. I have done that way too much in the past so it was worth it to me to have it done. I'm loving it so far!

Now I need to learn how to play guitar! laugh.gif ... (the right way) dry.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 26 2007, 05:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Nov 25 2007, 02:33 AM) *
Not entirely Ivan - with Pro Tools you can use a wrapper to then use Cubase format vsts, same is true for Logic.

Cheers,
Tony

OOps I didn`t know that, sorry for the faulty information everyone. CHeers Tony

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 26 2007, 07:25 PM
NP Ivan
- the wrapper thing may add a bit to latency as well so might not be an ideal solution. I think the wrapper principle works the other way round but I can't remember anyone using RTAS's etc in Cubase because there are so many great vsts to choose from wink.gif . I'd be interested if the TDM HD hardware for protools would run under Cubase though smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 26 2007, 09:00 PM
Instructor
I don`t know much regarding the protools platform, i mainly worked with DAWs running nuendo and cubase, and in the studio with an analog mixers runing Radar. If I understood correctly, protools supports only some hardware and software fully on the market, right?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:48 PM