> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(9.6, Pass) Rock Fusion, Lesson By Stephane Lucarelli
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
10 [ 3 ] ** [60.00%]
Total Votes: 5

danjames
Jan 15 2012, 08:54 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Rock Fusion by Stephane Lucarelli

Love the style and fluid playing in this lesson!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Ben Higgins
Jan 15 2012, 09:12 PM
Instructor
Hi Dan, welcome to GMC and the REC Zone cool.gif

Very tasteful and controlled playing from you.. great timing and I like the tone too.

On the vibrato side of things, that fast, small vibrato works very well for those licks like at 0:09 where notes need to bleed into each other and ring out but be careful of doing all your vibrato like that or it tends to sound like an automatic reaction thing, instead of control.

Try experimenting with slower, wider, more measured vibrato as well to give yourself more of a range to choose from.

That said, it's a 10 from me !

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 15 2012, 10:02 PM
Instructor
Very good playing man, great job! smile.gif Your vibrato is very prominent, but it's too fast and uncontrolled. You need to be able to do it slowly and to be more wider. Try checking out Ben's Vibrato Odyssey for more info, if you are persistent with classical style vibrato.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 15 2012, 11:10 PM
Instructor
Great take man! I like you tone, your feeling, your groove. Everything is excellent! I saw that Ben (our vibrato master) give you some useful tips about it that I really agree. Besides that there is nothing to add. Well done!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 16 2012, 04:20 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
*bump*

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 16 2012, 06:20 PM
Instructor
It sounded really good, you look pretty much in control and your technique is good for this solo,

I liked the sidewise vibrato, pretty accurate and musical,

I would advice one thing, try to push back your tempo a notch, only like %1percent think in your head to push back a little bit, then you'll sit in with the backing just perfectly,

And that's one subtle thing that we all struggle with and I think you are in this level where you have start worrying about these subtle issues

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 17 2012, 11:11 AM
Instructor
I totally agree with the guys! A bit more work on the vibrato and you'll have the 10 biggrin.gif Congrats!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 17 2012, 02:45 PM
Instructor
Great take ,man ! You have excellent tone control and just keep a good work wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 17 2012, 07:42 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
9.6 (pass)

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:42 AM