3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Site Improvements Board
drw84215
Mar 25 2008, 02:43 PM
GMC:er
Personaly i feel there are way to many instructers on GMC. everyday i find a teacher. and the lessons jump around. Id lke to see teachers stick with a set lesson plan. thats just my opinion. other then that i love GMC its great

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 25 2008, 04:22 PM
Instructor
Deal is,GMC has many members and not everyone is interested into everything.
That's why we have many instructors,styles,genres etc. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Muris: Mar 25 2008, 04:22 PM

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 25 2008, 04:32 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Fran @ Mar 25 2008, 02:21 AM) *
That sounds really good!, even though I check the site & forums every single day, it would be cool to receive a monthly email summarizing new improvements to the site/forums, competitions, collabs, features, and even a list of lessons, just in case!

Would be a nice thing to check after coming back from vacation smile.gif

And perhaps profiles of members and instructors?

Anyway sounds like a good idea to me - monthly seems like a good frequency.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 25 2008, 04:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Mar 25 2008, 04:32 PM) *
And perhaps profiles of members and instructors?

But...we already have profiles,I think unsure.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 25 2008, 04:47 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
V true Muris - I was sort of thinking of more extended/in depth ones smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 25 2008, 08:01 PM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Mar 25 2008, 11:47 AM) *
V true Muris - I was sort of thinking of more extended/in depth ones smile.gif .

Cheers,
Tony

www.guitarspace.com... rip off my myspace.com biggrin.gif so more indepth in the profiles would be cool.. id really love to see a committee put together for monthly news letter.. you know

include stuff like
- New Instructors
- New senior members
- Advances to the site ie( newsletters biggrin.gif )
-wiki additions
- New virtual band uploads
- Blog updates
- perhaps a peice of gear which has been discussed

all that jazz smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Mar 25 2008, 08:04 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Mar 25 2008, 07:01 PM) *
id really love to see a committee put together for monthly news letter.. you know

was thinking the same idea earlier, i really think it could work

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 26 2008, 12:03 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
We are getting to idea of online little magazine stuff with this..Which is interesting itself smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Apr 10 2008, 03:08 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I think it's weird that there isn't a fast reply button on the "introduce yourself" thread. Where's this for?

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
May 14 2008, 11:47 PM
It would be cool if there is a lesson recorded with a pod, if the instructor could post the pod settings to download the tone to...

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
May 14 2008, 11:56 PM
QUOTE (drw84215 @ Mar 25 2008, 08:43 AM) *
Personaly i feel there are way to many instructers on GMC. everyday i find a teacher. and the lessons jump around. Id lke to see teachers stick with a set lesson plan. thats just my opinion. other then that i love GMC its great

I would say that of all things ever said on GMC, this might well be the one I DISAGREE with the most. How could you think having a variety of instructors is bad? This is one other than refuting, I would not even argue about. If you want to play well, have some originality, the more variety of personal styles you take as inputs the better. If you want to play same old same old sound like every other metal band or whatever, right, I agree, too many teachers if banality is the goal.

Two things I would like to see, since it has come up.....

1) Two types of bookmarks, one for lessons you know, one for lesson you have on your to-do list. But no biggie.

2) That lessons have the full song recorded without backing (as well as the version with backing) as David Otoole did. This I do consider a big thing, but only one instructor ever did this. A lot of times it is good to listen to the whole ball of wax, and imitate by ear. Hard to to with so much mix mush going on in the background, or so much echo you would walk on it. That is fine, just would like to hear a clear version also, as Otoole did.

edit: I see the response is a month old, thought it was new. Ok, I still totally disagree with it. More than that, it is so wrong, right up there with the sun rising in the west.

This post has been edited by fkalich: May 14 2008, 11:59 PM

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jun 15 2008, 03:06 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I'd like to have a function on-screen to go the next lesson when you've seen the one you're looking at. Like youtube has. After watching the movie there appear two buttons, replay or next video would be good.

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Jun 15 2008, 03:06 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 17 2008, 12:11 AM
Instructor
Also a new seek option where video loads from any point on a seek bar (like the new youtube player) would be a great option smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gus
Jun 17 2008, 12:57 AM
QUOTE (skennington @ Mar 25 2008, 03:34 AM) *
How'bout being able to subscribe to a certain instructor to get an update when they post a new lesson? Or can you already do that? blink.gif

I think this is real great idea. When you travel or has a busy week you simply miss the lessons from your favorite instructors...

In addition to tracking one instructor, one should be able to track based on genre or technique. For instance, one should be able to track metal lessons or sweeping lessons.

This also helps alleviating the people who feel overwhelmed with too many instructor/lesson possibilities. I think GMC is great in diversity of classes. We just need to be able to find what we need.

--------------------
my "Thank you GMC!" video

If you like it please vote in the competition ;-)

Gus Stairway to Guitar Heaven - my practice agenda

Check out my lesson here Phrygian Dominant Solo lesson

Gear : Ibanez RGT320q (I just love the neck-thru sustain), Washburn EA-20SDL (acoustic 6 string), Standard strat (Mexico), POD X3 Live

Some of my Guitar heroes: Jimmy Page, Slash, Kirk Hammett, Augusto Licks, Joe Satriani, Gus G, David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler...

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jun 20 2008, 02:47 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gus @ Jun 17 2008, 01:57 AM) *
I think this is real great idea. When you travel or has a busy week you simply miss the lessons from your favorite instructors...

In addition to tracking one instructor, one should be able to track based on genre or technique. For instance, one should be able to track metal lessons or sweeping lessons.

This also helps alleviating the people who feel overwhelmed with too many instructor/lesson possibilities. I think GMC is great in diversity of classes. We just need to be able to find what we need.

I agree on that. keeping everything ordered, together with taking care of beginning players, are two of the toughest challenges for GMC. It's sometimes just so hard to find the right lessons! The advanced search is a big improvement, and so is the lesson planner (however I think that could be further improved).

Tracking your instructor, or genre is a nice addition to the advanced search and lesson planner!!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 20 2008, 11:07 PM
GMC Founder
WOW I haven't checked this thread for a while - lots of great ideas here. I will get back and read this more thoroughly - keep them coming! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jul 31 2008, 09:11 AM
It is just a minor defect but the link Kris posted in the Feedback Forum of Gab's D Dorian Mode Solo Lesson does not seem to work anymore! rolleyes.gif Cheers

This post has been edited by Nighthawk: Jul 31 2008, 09:13 AM

+Quote Post
Canis
Aug 4 2008, 12:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
I really like the idea of in-depth profiles.. With uploads of our own music and stuff, almost like musicians Myspace, with a browser player.

Also, I came to think about something: How about a option for instructors to label the videoparts in a lesson? I just saw Gabriels Iron Maiden Masterclass lesson (Great lesson!), where two guitars play at a same time. And for some reason, I pictured this in my head:

Behold, my extreme paint-skills:
Attached Image

This post has been edited by Canis: Aug 4 2008, 12:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Aug 4 2008, 12:58 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Canis @ Aug 4 2008, 01:47 PM) *
I really like the idea of in-depth profiles.. With uploads of our own music and stuff, almost like musicians Myspace, with a browser player.

Also, I came to think about something: How about a option for instructors to label the videoparts in a lesson? I just saw Gabriels Iron Maiden Masterclass lesson (Great lesson!), where two guitars play at a same time. And for some reason, I pictured this in my head:

Behold, my extreme paint-skills:
Attached Image

Yeah this would definently be a good idea since it alot easier to find the part you want to practice

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 4 2008, 01:18 PM
GMC Founder
@ Canis this is a very good idea!

We have been working the last couple of months on a completely new video lessons look/features (which should be ready pretty soon) - your suggestion is a tweak I would love to get done later on! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:22 PM