Pacquiao Vs Mayweather, Pacman Vs Mayweather
Hajduk
May 3 2015, 06:21 AM
Learning Rock Star
Gotta say I'm disappointing sad.gif, First was hoping Paquiao would win and more so it was a very,very boring fight to me and the many people ( mostly Philipino people) I watched it with! Expected more for that massive payout they got, 80 mill for Pacquaio and 120 for Mayweather

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Tomislav
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 3 2015, 07:28 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Yeah, It was a bit disapointing that the Pacquiao we know did not really show up for the fight but I think this is largely because Mayweather simply did not allow it. He controlled the pace of the fight from the opening bell by establishing the jab early and effectively using his patented counter right when Manny attacked him although Manny did get through from time to time which is to be expected. This became more evident in the latter rounds when although Manny was pursuing Floyd, he was hesitant to throw first as Floyd's counterpunching became more and more accurate and also because Manny just couldn't find him. Manny got in some good shots here and there, mainly in the fourth round but I don't think any of those shots really hurt Mayweather.
I really thought Roach and Pacquiao would use the formula that Garcia and Maidana tried against Mayweather which to me looked like the best path to have a chance to win against Mayweather.
I think both fights between Mayweather and Maidana were better than this fight and also I am more convinced now than before that Maidana would knock Pacquiao out if they were to meet. Maidana hits harder than Pacquiao and is more aggressive. He has also shown in the past that he can take hard shots and even get knocked down more than once in a fight and still come back to win.
Last night Floyd Mayweather once again proved that he has a tried , tested and proven formula for getting to the top and staying on top for a long time. Make them miss and make them pay. I really love the Pac Man but it was clear clear to me that Floyd's boxing skills and strategy are superior. Floyd truly is the best of this era.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Fran
May 3 2015, 07:42 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I expected a much better combat for sure. I think Floyd didn't actually try to fight, he didn't try to attack much, just defend defend defend... boring. I was surprised he actually was proclaimed winner to be honest, but I guess I don't know much about boxing.

What I do know is that Pacquiao was much more fun to watch, he actually tried to throw some punches and combos, and it would have been nice to see him fight against a similar boxer.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Hajduk
May 3 2015, 11:31 PM
Learning Rock Star
I agree with you Ak Rich, as much as I hate to say it, Mayweather really is the best of this era.

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:27 AM