5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Leaving Gmc
Pi38
Apr 16 2008, 08:37 PM
GMC:er
Definitely. I just don't understand why anyone would want to leave such an awesome website. There are a few minor flaws, but the good out-weighs the bad by about 50 tons.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 16 2008, 08:45 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I personaly can say that the lessons and members here have taught me everything I know about guitar. When I joined back in November of last year, I had just bought my first guitar. Now i'm playing my own stuff and uploading takes and things. So I have not only learned to play but also how to record and have met alot of great people along the way.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do about GMC. Maybe just get a little more active and tell people how you feel and dont be afraid to ask for help. I think if you take a little different approach you may get better results.

I cant imagine anybody not finding at least a few lessons here that that they like. OK, maybe if your into Hanna Montanna or something, gees, this place has everything to offer and I love it!

Steve

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Pi38
Apr 16 2008, 08:48 PM
QUOTE (skennington @ Apr 16 2008, 03:45 PM) *
I cant imagine anybody not finding at least a few lessons here that that they like. OK, maybe if your into Hanna Montanna or something, gees, this place has everything to offer and I love it!

Steve

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
black and white
Apr 16 2008, 08:54 PM
Well that wasn't very constructive. Best of luck, hope you find what makes you happy.

Personally, I am another one who has learned more from this site in a few short months than in years of trying to learn guitar myself. I also think that this site is remarkable in how much value you get for the price of membership.

It is easy to remark about things you may not like, much more difficult to propose positive ways to influence change. I do not see a whole lot that needs to be fixed here........and if things do change, I would rather be a part of that here.

+Quote Post
Canis
Apr 16 2008, 08:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
I love this site with all of my heart. It's the same with me as wth many other people: I have improved in so many ways since I joined this site and forums =)
Allthough, if you want to leave, then I won't hold you back wink.gif

This post has been edited by Canis: Apr 16 2008, 08:55 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bondy
Apr 16 2008, 08:56 PM
Learning Roadie
whats with all the iam leaving GMC your not exactly a valued member of our community do you posted a hole fifty times if ya dont like it just leave were not going to beg ya to stay

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Apr 16 2008, 08:57 PM
Singing Instructor
Bye,and good luck with your playing......

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 16 2008, 09:03 PM
Instructor
Ohh,I'm really sorry to hear. sad.gif

However,please give us feedback on how to improve things!

Good bye and good luck tho. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Apr 16 2008, 09:04 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (Bondy @ Apr 16 2008, 08:56 PM) *
your not exactly a valued member of our community do you posted a hole fifty times if ya dont like it just leave were not going to beg ya to stay

well, while i know this guy isn't in our top 20 posters (and ofcourse he's fairly new too) i also know that everybody is valued in a way..its kind of whats cool about the site. Maybe he hasn't posted that much but like he's already said- it's not the quantity, its the quality...(okay, i haven't seen a life changing post yet but thats besides the point). To say that somebody brings no value to a place is not really the best news to be received by the guy in question.

But hey, why am i posting this stuff? His mind is made up anyways.

+Quote Post
Bondy
Apr 16 2008, 09:15 PM
Learning Roadie
What i mean is i never even heard of this guy anyway why all the hoo haa about leaving who cares go with some flipping dignity rather then saying you going when you have only been here for like 3 months like i said who cares

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 16 2008, 09:16 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Wow... this thread got lots of attention. I dare to say it's because someone degraded something 99% here enjoy and we all feel like raising our voices smile.gif

Me too wink.gif

I'd just want to say I'm sorry to see you leave. For GMC to continously improve your experience and opinion is important. You made you point. It would be appreciated to know more about what you're looking for in a lesson. I'm positive your input there would give us new ideas.

If you care to expound and suggest, before you leave, that would me most appreciated.

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Apr 16 2008, 09:19 PM
Instructor
goodbye and good luck, you will need it 'cos I don't think you can find other site better that this wink.gif

+Quote Post
Canis
Apr 16 2008, 09:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Juan M. Valero @ Apr 16 2008, 10:19 PM) *
goodbye and good luck, you will need it 'cos I don't think you can find other site better that this wink.gif

+1 smile.gif

As many people have said, including me: I have learned more here on 6 months (has it been this long allready?) then two years of training on my own. Especially on the forums. The lessons is awesome, and I learn a buttload of things there, but it's the forums that make this whole thing work. We have some of the greatest and kindest instructors here, who thirsts and long for passing on their knowledge to us students.

Thank you GMC =)

This post has been edited by Canis: Apr 16 2008, 09:28 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
steve25
Apr 16 2008, 09:30 PM
Bondy came out with what i resisted saying tongue.gif. In all fairness all opinions i think are valued and if you want to have your say fair enough but could have been done in a different way maybe?

+Quote Post
drw84215
Apr 16 2008, 09:35 PM
im missing somthing on this site then because i dont see any of this. the lessons dont explain anything. they just say ok play this song like this. and thats it. they dont explain theory in the lesson or other ways to play what they are learnings. and besides the theory board the theory lessons suck. there are alot better websites out there. the mode lessons are pretty bad. but hey if this is ur idea of the best site ever then all power to u. sure i learned some cool riffs but i dont want to learn other no name guitar players riffs. i want to learn the theory behind stuff. any1 can play a cool metal progression when its tabbed out infrount of them

+Quote Post
Bondy
Apr 16 2008, 09:39 PM
Learning Roadie
Man iam gonna bit my tongue here Andrews theory lessons are awesome even i have learn from them and iam rubbish at theory you obviously to hard to please

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
steve25
Apr 16 2008, 09:42 PM
I think you're kind of expecting someone to hold your hand the way there to mastering guitar. A lot of these lessons are demonstrating how you can use these things in your own playing and after a while as you learn these lessons you start to develop ideas yourself. Someone correct me if i'm wrong smile.gif

+Quote Post
superize
Apr 16 2008, 09:50 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (drw84215 @ Apr 16 2008, 10:35 PM) *
im missing somthing on this site then because i dont see any of this. the lessons dont explain anything. they just say ok play this song like this. and thats it. they dont explain theory in the lesson or other ways to play what they are learnings. and besides the theory board the theory lessons suck. there are alot better websites out there. the mode lessons are pretty bad. but hey if this is ur idea of the best site ever then all power to u. sure i learned some cool riffs but i dont want to learn other no name guitar players riffs. i want to learn the theory behind stuff. any1 can play a cool metal progression when its tabbed out infrount of them

Now i relly think you are very negative...ITt sounds like you want evything handed to you on paper....You have to work your way with everything....take the theori for example.... When you read a theori piece from that Andrew wrote you ant expect to have learn evrything in that subject you have to figure something out yourself.... I dont think their are any sites that gives you everyting free without you have to work anything

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Jeff
Apr 16 2008, 09:53 PM
Maybe you can think of GMC as being more than just video lessons and theory. For example, there are a lot of things that I have learned here such as:

I use Protools because I learned about it from Marcus Lavendell (as well as vibrato)
I use Reaper because I learned about it from Tony Miro
I use VST's because of Andrew and Muris
I use my ring sometimes to play cool notes that I learned from Juan
I learned how to use my Spider II Amp from David Wallimann
I've had some good advice about warming up from Matt
I've learned about Video camera's from Wallimann + Smells
I've learned about new Metal bands from The Uncreator
I've learned drum techniques from Kyle

The list goes on and on. To me it's more than video lessons and theory. Of course not every lesson is for everyone and nothing is perfect. But, there is a lot more to the whole experience and maybe that is something to consider that you get besides just videos. Personally, for all of that it's worth it to me. So, consider sticking around for a while. Maybe you'll discover that there is a lot more good things going on here than you realize. smile.gif

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Apr 16 2008, 09:53 PM
Get to da Chopper!
OMG...

..okay...well instead of trying to put a positive swing on this i'll go ahead and say- your not putting in the work.

Here's what i did..

I studied the theory lessons, i asked questions to instructors when i didn't understand.

notice the things in bold are things that you have to do yourself..

Now i understand the things i didn't have a clue about. The resources are here to use. Use them. The instructors genuinely love to help us out and answer our questions (from my experience), and will not leave anybody behind.

So...if you don't understand the "point" of a lesson, don't say it "sucks"- maybe...

" Hello, Mr.ABC, i was wondering what the main thing i should grasp about this lesson is? I see you're using 123 technique, and also spoke about XYZ, but i don't really get this yet- what should i learn first?"

*TADA*

You will be answered.

You will understand.

and yet again...those immature words like "suck" really don't win any debates around here.

1) "ABC sucks"
or
2) "I dislike ABC because...."

notice to 1) all we can do is say.."sure, whatever, good luck with that" and to 2) we can say "Well, perhaps this is because..."

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:29 AM