2 Pages V   1 2 >  
New At Gmc, Too hard
miladen
Jul 16 2008, 02:53 AM
GMC:er
Hi, i'm new here at GMC, and I feel compelled to ask... Am i the only one that feels these lessons are scaled waaay too wrong? I mean i've seen level 2 lessons be totally insanely hard...

I also wanted to ask if there should'nt be some kind of advice on what lessons one should start with...

just sayin...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
beebo
Jul 16 2008, 02:56 AM
Hi and lemme say welcome!
Well u should just definitely start with simple things first and work your way up!
If u have questions leave comments at the video area and you should get a little help!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Jul 16 2008, 03:28 AM
Hi

I kinda Know what you mean, but I would look at the lessons like this (this is just my interpretation)

If its a solo lesson rated at "2" That means its a good lesson for the beginner soloist, and not neccesarily the beginner guitarist

see what I'm saying?

try reading through this page, and watch the video

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/beginner-...eo-lessons1.htm

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Jul 16 2008, 03:52 AM
QUOTE (miladen @ Jul 15 2008, 09:53 PM) *
Hi, i'm new here at GMC, and I feel compelled to ask... Am i the only one that feels these lessons are scaled waaay too wrong? I mean i've seen level 2 lessons be totally insanely hard...

I also wanted to ask if there should'nt be some kind of advice on what lessons one should start with...

Ill second what Ctodd mentioned. Check out the link he posted. Watch the video, read the whole page and then get started on the Beginner Kickoff Lessons.

I started here about a month after I got my first guitar and decided to learn to play. I knew almost nothing and have made quite a bit of progress. The problem I have here is just picking a lesson and sticking with it til I've mastered it....but when I can do that I do learn a lot.

Also, we have a very helpful bunch of people in the forums here. The instructors are very responsive to questions about lessons or about certain techniques in general.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
skennington
Jul 16 2008, 04:00 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Good advice already given. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Jul 16 2008, 07:08 AM
Instructor
mmm It's really difficult to rate song... just understand it wink.gif
A good idea would be that everybody can send his rate, but it would be a bit big Kaos !!! rolleyes.gif

Anyway I hope that Kris have think about this question, and who knows, maybe this will change soon wink.gif

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Jul 16 2008, 07:18 AM
Instructor
I think it's impossible to rate the lessons in a way that suits everyone. So if you find a level 2 lesson to hard, then just skip that one for now and try it again in a few weeks smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Rooks
Jul 16 2008, 09:50 AM
I started here 26th June. From virtually scratch. And I've learned lessons in difficulty 4 by now.

Start out with pressing "Video Lessons" at the top bar. Then Beginner Lessons, theres the easiest stuff. But try and look through some other videos, you'll see that a video rated 2-3 usually is chopped into several bits.. usually a beginner can do first 2 bits/licks or something that was my experience.. train the easy parts of the lessons, jump to another and do the easy stuff.. And do that with 2-3 lessons after the easiest ones.. When you return to the first one you might be able to do more of it.

Edit: By the way, I don't know if youre playing electric or acoustic; or what kind of music youre into. But from personal experience I can recommend the "Power chords for beginners" and "Beginner Scales" if youre a complete beginner it's a nice way to get your hands into maneuvering horizontal and vertical on the fretboard smile.gif -At least that was my view. Throw your self into it mate and welcome biggrin.gif Hope it was any help.

Don't hesitate to ask if theres anything else youre uncertain of or puzzled by. If a rookie like me can't answer there's tons of cool guys who know a lot more biggrin.gif

-Rooks smile.gif

This post has been edited by Rooks: Jul 16 2008, 10:14 AM

--------------------

Gear: Guitar Cort EVL X4 , Squier Strat Amp Peavey Valveking 112 50w

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 16 2008, 10:42 AM
GMC Founder
Welcome to GMC miladen - you are right our archive has an heavy "over weight" of difficult lessons. We desperately need more good/inspiring absolute beginner stuff!

Good news is we have already discussed this a few weeks ago - and we have got some good topics/series coming.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oxac
Jul 16 2008, 11:10 AM
my experience is that you could take ANY lesson and practise the small chops of it. No matter how fast, no matter how furious. Just practise perectly. I mean, really insanely slow but perfect.

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jul 16 2008, 11:16 AM
Singing Instructor
First I agree that it is hard rate lessons in some global terms,but you haw slower Backing Tracks that makes thing a bit easier for harder lessons.That is a good thing,couse,you start at the slowest tempo,and when you feel that you overcome that tempo you go to the next one.

--------------------

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 16 2008, 03:12 PM
Instructor
Also not all the lessons need to be practiced at full speed - lots of them sound good at half speed even. Try some of my lessons from the list here

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Nick325
Jul 16 2008, 03:20 PM
welcome smile.gif

+Quote Post
miladen
Jul 16 2008, 03:47 PM
Thanks for all the help, I'll give it a go!

Kind of amazed of how many replies and how fast you guys are on the forum biggrin.gif impressive!

and thanks for all the welcomes smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 16 2008, 03:59 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hello and welcome Miladen...Great to see that you are getting the idea of how lessons are structured..Best way is to browse beginner lessons and start with ones that seem doable to YOU...It can be a chords lessons, riffing one too...You can go even for simple solo lessons if they seem doable to you..And with some practice trust me , they will !!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Jul 17 2008, 06:32 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jul 16 2008, 07:59 AM) *
Hello and welcome Miladen...Great to see that you are getting the idea of how lessons are structured..Best way is to browse beginner lessons and start with ones that seem doable to YOU...It can be a chords lessons, riffing one too...You can go even for simple solo lessons if they seem doable to you..And with some practice trust me , they will !!

I agree that the difficulty ratings are a bit off, but it must be difficult to determine, especially for the teachers who all are good so their perception of difficulty is different than mine.

I started by printing up a list of all 1 and 2 rated lessons through the advanced search function, and am working through those, but have also done some 3s without knowing it. But I agree, some that say 2 to me are hard, so it really discourages me thinking I am worse than I thought

Wonder if there is some way to incorporate difficulty ratings by the members themselves, like some poll attached to the lesson that we as members can vote on, that would help Kris and the teachers to update ratings periodically. I would imaging that after awhile of this the ratings would be more accurate.

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 17 2008, 11:31 PM
Instructor
True, I know I have major issues when producing
Beginner Level lessons,somehow I always think it's too simple,
then I add few more chops and there you go huh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 17 2008, 11:45 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Jul 18 2008, 12:31 AM) *
True, I know I have major issues when producing
Beginner Level lessons,somehow I always think it's too simple,
then I add few more chops and there you go huh.gif

laugh.gif Stop the bragging, Muris!

wink.gif

That said, of course determining what difficulty a lesson is at can be hard - but I geuss the amount of lessons on GMC makes up for that: You simply just go and find another smile.gif

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jul 17 2008, 11:45 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jul 17 2008, 11:50 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
you have many good answers here already

Welcome to GMC smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Xose Pineda
Jul 18 2008, 01:47 AM
QUOTE (Smells @ Jul 18 2008, 12:50 AM) *
you have many good answers here already

Welcome to GMC smile.gif

+1 mate

--------------------

xosepineda

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:10 PM