Writing Sheet Music For Symphonies, some questions
Fsgdjv
Jul 7 2009, 08:10 PM
GMC:er
Hello, I've lately become interested in writing some symphonies, nothing fancy, I just want to try and see how it's done, even though it might just be a few bars or whatever. I thought of ways to write, when I write rock music or whatever I usually fool around with my guitar and then write it into guitar pro, and then add drums etc from there.

But for writing a symphony, I thought about guitar pro for a while, but the classical composers didn't have access to guitar pro so I suppose they just wrote the sheet music. Are you supposed to have an instrument and try out the melodies etc on and then write them down? For example, did Wagner (for instance) sit by his piano and write or did he just hear melodies in his head and write it out on paper without playing and figuring out wich notes it was etc? And how on earth are you supposed to listen to it all together, do I have to be able to look at everything and just imagine it all coming together in my head? Or is it just enough to know the theory so you can see that it doesn't sound overly dissonant unless where you want it to sound dissonant and then hope for the best?

Lots of stupid questions, but if anyone has any tips on this I'd love to hear it

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:00 AM