> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

13 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Claudiostrat's Thread, for Gab's Army
ClaudioStrat
Feb 14 2021, 10:25 PM
Learning Roadie
Cheers Gabri,

I think that vibrato freestyle excercise really helped to get a deeper understanding

a couple more attempts here, trying to put it all together without forgetting bits...

thanks again

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 13 2021, 07:31 PM) *
Hi Claudio!

Great! I like the energy of your vibrato here. I notice a bit improvement comparing this take with the previous ones. This means that the current work is exactly what you need.

Your timing is also getting better. The fast ascending passage is a bit rushed in this take but the overall lick sounds smoother. Also, continue paying attention to those trills like the one at 00:13. (Attention to timing).

I think that you only need some more time of practice. Well done!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 16 2021, 03:56 AM
Instructor
Yeah!! This is getting better mate! There is still room to work on the things that we've been discussing but this is a lot better! It's nice to know that the vibrato practice ideas worked!

Another detail:

That slide at 00:20 needs some attention. You play it very slow and it sounds like out of tempo. Check our how Emir plays it faster/smoother.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Feb 21 2021, 07:21 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabri,

practiced this quite a bit, this was prob my best recording (even if one bend is not perfect) , took a lot of recordings!!

what do you think?

thanks in advance!!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 16 2021, 02:56 AM) *
Yeah!! This is getting better mate! There is still room to work on the things that we've been discussing but this is a lot better! It's nice to know that the vibrato practice ideas worked!

Another detail:

That slide at 00:20 needs some attention. You play it very slow and it sounds like out of tempo. Check our how Emir plays it faster/smoother.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 21 2021, 08:32 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio!

Great job mate. At this point I think that you improved a lot you overall timing here but now you need to polish details. The things that need to be worked are the same that we already talked, but now you are much closer.

I’d like to ask you to do an exercise that will be very helpful for your ear training.
Please make a deep comparison between your take and the original and write here all the differences that you hear. Ok?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Feb 22 2021, 08:36 PM
Learning Roadie
thanks Gabri, sounds good. bear with me

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 22 2021, 10:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Feb 22 2021, 04:36 PM) *
thanks Gabri, sounds good. bear with me

Great!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Feb 23 2021, 07:00 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

so good excercise, here are my main conclusions:

- my trill 00:06, is quite slow (it is actually no a trill!!)
- 00:24, my trill is also slow
- 00:41, fast lick the last part is still off (in that trill) althought not as much as the the previus trills. The bend in this one is not perfect
- trill on the last lick is also a bit slow

Pretty clear I have speed issue on trills!!

overall tone is not identical, but I think is ok. As you said timing is decent (trills excluded)

what else did i miss?

thanks,
Claudio

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 21 2021, 07:32 PM) *
Hi Claudio!

Great job mate. At this point I think that you improved a lot you overall timing here but now you need to polish details. The things that need to be worked are the same that we already talked, but now you are much closer.

I’d like to ask you to do an exercise that will be very helpful for your ear training.
Please make a deep comparison between your take and the original and write here all the differences that you hear. Ok?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 24 2021, 05:32 PM
Instructor
Hi mate!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Feb 24 2021, 08:21 PM
Learning Roadie
thanks so much Gabri,

pretty sure this is going to help a lot!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 24 2021, 04:32 PM) *
Hi mate!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 25 2021, 03:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Feb 24 2021, 04:21 PM) *
thanks so much Gabri,

pretty sure this is going to help a lot!

You are welcome mate!! Let me know if you have any question! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Feb 27 2021, 12:40 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabri,

I think the video helped a lot, I understood a lot of the timing issues with it, and I think the trills are starting to make sense hopefully you can hear some results.

Some more material here.

Thanks in advance for your help and feedback

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 27 2021, 07:20 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Feb 27 2021, 07:36 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Gabri

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 1 2021, 03:58 PM
Instructor
You're welcome!! Keep me updated!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Mar 1 2021, 09:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabri,

here is my latest attempt, hopefully some improvents.

cheers

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 2 2021, 04:14 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Mar 2 2021, 07:14 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Gabri,

I think I have learned a lot with this lesson, but yeah I agree I can probably still improve a few bits, so will defy continue to pratice it (i do not think i will forget the lesson easily biggrin.gif )

These videos for the feedbak are really helpful, I have read on the forum that you are receiving great feebacks on them and I couln't agree more, it makes it much easier to understand what i'm dong wrong and how to fix it, and also more fun to watch it.

Anyways I 'm happy to move to Pop solo #2 on my list, where I'm sure I will find new weaknesses to focus on, soon will see my first attempt!

Regarding your suggestion about other lessons on alternate picking ad legato, yeah abosolutely do you have anything in mind?
I'm also doing the SBC with Todd, so definitively alternate picking is happening there, legato wise yeah I have done very little (which might be the reason i struggled so much with those trills!)

cheers,

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 2 2021, 03:14 PM) *

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 3 2021, 02:16 PM
Instructor
Great Claudio! If you are working AP with Todd, you are well covered. Let's go for the Pop Rock solo, and this one for legato:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Bens-Land-Of-Legato/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Mar 4 2021, 09:56 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks, these 2 are a good combo to work together.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 5 2021, 02:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Mar 4 2021, 05:56 PM) *
Thanks, these 2 are a good combo to work together.

Great! Keep me updated!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:01 AM