Those Who Cannot Play Guitar - Do This Instead
JCJXXL
Apr 14 2007, 06:08 PM
GMC:er
I had no idea there was such a thing or that it was as big as it is. I found out about this from one of our news stations. They actually did a segment on this topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea32R_2jSxg

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
kahall
Apr 15 2007, 03:17 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (JCJXXL @ Apr 14 2007, 12:08 PM) *
I had no idea there was such a thing or that it was as big as it is. I found out about this from one of our news stations. They actually did a segment on this topic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea32R_2jSxg

They are having tryouts/auditions here soon. How embarrassing for us all. I can't watch it, sure I am guilty of it but still…..

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by kahall: Apr 15 2007, 03:18 AM

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 16 2007, 02:36 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Airguitar Auditions?

Kinda Pathetic....

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Apr 16 2007, 02:39 PM
Very pathetic eh?

+Quote Post
moorkop
Apr 16 2007, 02:48 PM
i actually think its very funny

there was something on discovery channel that some norwegian (or finnish) museum had gloves where if you play airguitar, and you actually hear what you play. These things are just so awesome, i wanna try that so bad

maybe good to practise, impress your audience by your presence, and leave out the playing for once

--------------------
gear
guitar: ibanez SA 260 FM
amp: hughes & ketler blue edition 60 wts (in garage)
amp you hear: crappy yahama borrowed from friend
effects: dunlop jimi hendrix wahwah

+Quote Post
brainlesswonder
Apr 16 2007, 03:13 PM
QUOTE (JCJXXL @ Apr 16 2007, 09:39 AM) *
Very pathetic eh?

Hell no, if being an air guitar God gets me into a movie then somebody hand me my invisible Les Paul and let me get my rock on.

+Quote Post
wheeler
Apr 16 2007, 05:08 PM
QUOTE (moorkop @ Apr 16 2007, 08:48 AM) *
i actually think its very funny

there was something on discovery channel that some norwegian (or finnish) museum had gloves where if you play airguitar, and you actually hear what you play. These things are just so awesome, i wanna try that so bad

maybe good to practise, impress your audience by your presence, and leave out the playing for once

Oh my God....anyone who's seen Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure knows that these gloves need to be mass produced IMMEDIATELY biggrin.gif cool.gif

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Apr 16 2007, 06:17 PM
Airguitar? That's on the same level as being 6 years old and pretending to be a superhero.

+Quote Post
wheeler
Apr 16 2007, 06:53 PM
QUOTE (JCJXXL @ Apr 16 2007, 12:17 PM) *
Airguitar? That's on the same level as being 6 years old and pretending to be a superhero.

Of course portraying air guitar as a serious pursuit and judging people by their aptitude is pretty stupid. HOWEVER - it would be hilarious to have gloves on that let you walk around and play your own soundtrack all day.

EDIT - OK, I just watched the trailer, and as long as they're not taking it seriously....and didn't pay to get there....that's pretty funny.

This post has been edited by wheeler: Apr 16 2007, 07:14 PM

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Apr 16 2007, 07:14 PM
lol - I agree with JCJXXL

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
brainlesswonder
Apr 16 2007, 08:54 PM
QUOTE (JCJXXL @ Apr 16 2007, 01:17 PM) *

I recall having a lot of fun pretending to be a superhero when I was 6. In fact, later on today I might just put on a cape and jump off my garage roof while playing air guitar - My superhero name will be The Flying V. The most important part of life is having fun.

Maybe Kris can put up some air guitar lessons and we can all try to be in the sequel.

QUOTE (wheeler @ Apr 16 2007, 01:53 PM) *
Of course portraying air guitar as a serious pursuit and judging people by their aptitude is pretty stupid. HOWEVER - it would be hilarious to have gloves on that let you walk around and play your own soundtrack all day.

EDIT - OK, I just watched the trailer, and as long as they're not taking it seriously....and didn't pay to get there....that's pretty funny.

I wonder what sounds it would make if you used them for all your normal daily activities. I'd like to hear the air guitar version of giving the finger.

+Quote Post
XxLeviathanxX
Apr 16 2007, 10:28 PM
haha...losers

--------------------
RIP Dimebag-Heroes never die.

Xbox Live- ThePsYkoNXTdoor

13 on the field... 4-20 off the field.

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Apr 17 2007, 01:32 AM
I hear air guitarists get all the girls....lol

+Quote Post
Boris
May 11 2007, 07:33 AM
WOW THIS IS THE MOST STUPID, RETARDED, IDIOTIC THING I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE.

+Quote Post
Pavel
May 11 2007, 08:27 AM
Instructor
Yeah it just makes me laugh!! Those morrons really think they KNOW how to keep the guitar!! Those kind of shows should be forbidden!!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 11 2007, 09:02 AM
Lets go fishing!
Im so embarresed to be British right now! sad.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 11 2007, 10:38 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Nah it's cool and I wish I dared to move like them on stage. They offer a great stage show and great guitar music.
Us, I bet in 99% of the cases we offer good music but a stiff stage show.

I know I do and THAT if anything is pathetic. And I think airguitar is for fun so laughing is expected :-D

This post has been edited by MickeM: May 11 2007, 10:39 AM

+Quote Post
mattacuk
May 11 2007, 05:48 PM
Lets go fishing!
It is very important for Guitarists to have personality !! That is what I like about U2's Edge, not afraid to make a fool of himself! biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
May 17 2007, 12:18 AM
Get to da Chopper!
yeh you may laugh at them and say " yeh air guitar sucks" but i bet between them all they're saying "what kind of lonely sad people would dedicate near all their time to learning the ins-and-outs of guitar". Mind you , both are opinions but i've made up my mind biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
kahall
May 17 2007, 02:18 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (mattacuk @ May 11 2007, 03:02 AM) *
Im so embarresed to be British right now! sad.gif

Don't be. This was just about 3 miles from my house and I doubt any Brits were there.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:52 AM