3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Video That Made You Join Gmc?
JVM
Jan 2 2009, 07:27 PM
Learning Roadie
Yeah, for the record, I actually came across GMC through kris's lessons on ultimate-guitar.com as well.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Jan 2 2009, 11:01 PM
GMC:er
I remember I was checking out sites that came up after I searched for online guitar lessons... and I saw a video of Kris showing the basics of tapping. It was on some kind of second-rate guitar teaching site tongue.gif no where near the awesomeness of GMC.

But anyway I lurked around here for a month or two before finally signing up... that was about a year and a half ago now... and I must say I haven't been using GMC to its greatest potential until recently though. And I am very happy with my progress over the past few months.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
Barenaked Ninja
Jan 2 2009, 11:21 PM
Did there used to be a video out there of Kris and some kid he was teaching playing some stuff? I seem to remember stumbling upon it years ago, but I might be delusional??

--------------------

+Quote Post
berko
Jan 2 2009, 11:38 PM
QUOTE (Barenaked Ninja @ Jan 2 2009, 11:21 PM) *
Did there used to be a video out there of Kris and some kid he was teaching playing some stuff? I seem to remember stumbling upon it years ago, but I might be delusional??

If I'm right you're talking about this one:

http://freelicks.net/Leper_affinity1.htm

(Link at the bottom of the text...)

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 2 2009, 11:42 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
I was searching the net looking for new exercises and came accross Pavels speedpicking lesson, then took a look in and checked out Muris`s alternate picking etude lesson and had to join immediatly! smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jan 2 2009, 11:45 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I think it was Kris' UG lessons and his Freelicks lessons that made me join.

+Quote Post
Barenaked Ninja
Jan 3 2009, 12:29 AM
QUOTE (berko @ Jan 2 2009, 05:38 PM) *
If I'm right you're talking about this one:

http://freelicks.net/Leper_affinity1.htm

(Link at the bottom of the text...)

Yup that's the one! I wonder how that is?

--------------------

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Jan 3 2009, 01:25 AM
It was Kris' tapping video on YouTube that made me enter the site and Pavel's lessons that made me subscribe tongue.gif

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jan 3 2009, 01:39 AM
Learning Roadie
Clicked a link on UG saw this nutter(Kris) tearing it up Are you ready!!! joined immediately

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Canis
Jan 3 2009, 03:44 AM
Learning Rock Star
Here it is biggrin.gif
Ah... Memories smile.gif
Over a year ago now ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Jan 3 2009, 04:02 AM
Experienced Rock Star
It was a publicity video of a tapping pattern Kris made that was on ultimate guitar smile.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Rain
Jan 3 2009, 04:04 AM
QUOTE (Rated Htr @ Jan 2 2009, 10:02 PM) *
It was a publicity video of a tapping pattern Kris made that was on ultimate guitar smile.gif

Haha Ultimate-guitar here as well biggrin.gif

--------------------
Galneryus [SYU / YUUTO-LEDA] - the GazettE - Sonic Syndicate - Versailles - Sadie - Takayoshi Ohmura - Steve Vai - MintJam - Sex Machineguns - Gentaro Satomura - CYCLE - Paul Gilbert - X Japan - Disturbed

+Quote Post
FrankW
Jan 3 2009, 04:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skU-jBFzXl0

This video says it all; great rhythm, great singing...please can somebody at GMC teach me this??!!? huh.gif

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 3 2009, 05:24 AM
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...rnate-picking1/

to be honest mellow.gif

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Jan 3 2009, 12:37 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Barenaked Ninja @ Jan 2 2009, 01:16 AM) *
I remember mine was when I stumbled across Muris's Funk Soloing Lesson.

HA! I joined up because of the Funk Rhythm Lesson. laugh.gif

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jan 3 2009, 12:59 PM
I can't remember how, but I'd found a link for David on another site and it led here! It's been a conglomoration of Muris, Marcus and David that made me join!!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
Jan 4 2009, 05:47 AM
Instructor
For me it was complete accident, i was looking up some chord structures for a song i was working on, when i went to close the page i accidently hit a link that sent me here.

After a few days of reviewing some of the free vids, and community postings. I knew i had to be a part of this growing community of like minded individuals.

I then set about putting together a vid to send to Kris for my application process. Needless to say after listening to Muris, Ivan, and David i was rather intimidated. I was on pins and needles waiting for a reply. When i got the letter from Kris i was so excited to be accepted.

Here was a place for me to pass on some words of wisdom, and do what i am passionate about. I know i am no Muris, or Ivan, or David. But you have to understand that the instructors do more than teach the students. We instructors are teaching eachother. Everyone has such diverse idea's about what playing guitar is all about sometimes we get narrowminded in our viewpoint. But when any instructor here opens my eyes to the other possibilites that i wouldnt ordinarily think about it gives me ideas into other avenues of approaching the instrument.

I can say for sure that just by being a part of this community my own playing has improved 1000% Just tackling some of Muris's speed lessons has boosted my accuracy and speed tremendously. Learning some of Ivan's lessons has given me new ideas for blues type playing and i am starting to develop a sense of thinking outside my comfort zone which most guitarists need to improve. Learning some of David's lessons has given me alot of insight into delivery, tone, and the need to make every note count even if you are only playing a couple of notes.

I do not regret my decision to get involved here, sure this past year of my life has had alot of mis-adventures not allowing me to put the time i want to put in here. But i aim to remedy that situation in 2009.

Daniel

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 4 2009, 01:02 PM
I was lurking through this site for a week before joining...
So it can't be said it was the one video that made it... but if I should name it... it'd be Nocturnal Vision wink.gif and the fact on youtube there're so many versions of this lovely masterpiece. What I love most in it? Its passion....

Nevertheless, I took a deep look inside here before joining - and I'm quite sure I took a proper decision smile.gif

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
jdriver
Jan 4 2009, 11:15 PM
It was only about a month after I got my guitar, I was looking around for some exercises and found a page advertising "Kristopher's Method" (no kidding), which was the contents of Kris's original DVD which is no longer available. Through that I found my way to GMC, and once I saw unlimited access+all you can eat pricing=no brainer!

Now we're like Sears, Roebuck (in US) used to be: If we don't have it, you don't need it!

This post has been edited by jdriver: Jan 4 2009, 11:18 PM

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
besip
Jan 4 2009, 11:41 PM
Power chords for beginers biggrin.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/beginner-...ower-chords.htm

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:16 PM