Friday 13th - Believe It ?
Ben Higgins
Apr 13 2012, 09:46 AM
Instructor
It's quite an accepted theory in the world that we attract to us the things we believe or think about.

Has anybody here had a history of unlucky things happen on Friday 13th ? How about the opposite, does anybody not worry about it at all and never notice anything unlucky ?

I would be willing to suggest that there is a direct correlation between what we believe and what we notice happen. I might be wrong but it would be interesting to find out !

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Apr 13 2012, 02:02 PM
GMC:er
I don't believe its bad or different than any other day. But! We do usually get a few good old school slasher movies on TV for it! biggrin.gif

I think the only reason bad things happen is because we allow it to happen. Sort of like if there is a will there is a way. Put your mind
to good or bad and you will seek the results you have set.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by SpaseMoonkey: Apr 13 2012, 02:03 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 13 2012, 02:12 PM
Learning Roadie
I agree with the above post. The mind is powerful. We can create all sorts of things in our minds and really believe it's because of a certain day. The day was just fictional in a movie. If something bad happens today, it's not because it was Friday the 13th. You probably set it in motion because you believed it would. If not, well then just count it as a coincidence - or whatever.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 13 2012, 04:15 PM
Instructor
Yeah I'm totally with you two on that one. We can manifest our thoughts into reality.

+Quote Post
llibach
Apr 13 2012, 04:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
I think I read somewhere that the date actually refers to an event that happened years ago with the knights templar. It was the date they were arrested and prosecuted by their enemies in the church I think. So if that is the case then it's just a bad date in history and not anything suppernatural.

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Apr 13 2012, 09:35 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
with the knight templars you are right !

My wife is born Friday 13 .. what a Great Day and full of LOVE !

I myself believe that when you think about negative or bad things you will attract bad energy.

Think in a beautiful way and the world around
you is getting more beautiful too wink.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 14 2012, 09:11 AM
Instructor
Nah! I am not very superstitious smile.gif The only thing I am really believe in is not to throw away trash after 6 pm

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Apr 14 2012, 11:23 AM
Tone Seeker
This just proves that accidents can happen everyday:

I dropped my iPhone this morning sad.gif new screen cost around 150 euros.

Nothing bad happened to me yesterday so Karma hit back today.

This post has been edited by WeePee: Apr 14 2012, 11:24 AM

+Quote Post
Nether
Apr 14 2012, 11:31 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Apr 14 2012, 10:11 AM) *
Nah! I am not very superstitious smile.gif The only thing I am really believe in is not to throw away trash after 6 pm

And NEVER feed the Gremlins after midnight tongue.gif

QUOTE (WeePee @ Apr 14 2012, 12:23 PM) *
This just proves that accidents can happen everyday:

I dropped my iPhone this morning sad.gif new screen cost around 150 euros.

Nothing bad happened to me yesterday so Karma hit back today.

The Iphone screen SUCKS. I've broke mine twice dry.gif

This post has been edited by Nether: Apr 14 2012, 11:35 AM

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Apr 14 2012, 11:40 AM
Apprentice Roadie
I must give my two cents here. Ten years ago, it was April 13, which was on a Friday. It was also my first date with the woman I would later marry, stay married to, and have a child with (well, she had the child but you get the point laugh.gif). So, I would be a fool to think of it as an unlucky day! biggrin.gif But, I do not think of it in terms of lucky either. I think of it as a blessing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Apr 14 2012, 11:11 PM
Apprentice Roadie
I have a correction: April 13, 2002 (the date mentioned on my previous post) was a Saturday. Doh! ohmy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DevilsWolf
Apr 15 2012, 12:09 AM
I live on number 13. I've been calling it a lucky number/date deliberately.

I don't believe in friday the 13th, I do believe in the self-fulfilling prophecy though.

Wiki's definition: "A self-fulfilling prophecy is a prediction that directly or indirectly causes itself to become true, by the very terms of the prophecy itself, due to positive feedback between belief and behavior. In other words, a prophecy, strongly held belief, or a delusion, declared as truth when it is actually false may sufficiently influence people, either through fear or logical confusion, so that their reactions ultimately fulfill the once-false belief."

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 15 2012, 03:27 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Here in Spain bad luck day is actually tuesday 13th instead of friday, go figure.

No, I don't believe in bad numbers, only in good ones laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 16 2012, 02:19 PM
Instructor
I've been living at no. 13 from 1996 to 2007 smile.gif and here I am tongue.gif Friday the thirteenth...you know, as the guys stated above, the mind is such a powerful thing that it can make things happen. I prefer thinking that each Friday the 13th I'll get to experience only good things - there ya go, wishful thinking biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:18 AM